Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 481660 times)

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3030 on: January 30, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »
I have The Thread That Will Not Die here. He gives his regards, and fears that the Little Lamb may take over his territory. I reminded Thread that he is his own, and that Little Lamb is an off-topic. Thread is sad but somehow comforted. RIP  Little Lamb. :'(

<ahem> (with apologies to Shari Lewis)

Yes, it's the thread that will not end,
The jokes go on and on my friend,
An Aussie started it all off, by laughing at the sheep,
And others just continued it forever just because it is the . . . .

(repeat until all the other people in the house beg you to stop)
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3031 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:57 AM »
I don't want to lambaste you guys, but we should move on, don't ya think?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3032 on: January 30, 2014, 11:47:40 AM »
Mutton to see here, move on.  ;)

My recent don't do that moment. I have a sprained back, which is causing me to move in different ways since my body is compensating. I forgot I could adjust my driver's seat lower to the ground. I remembered after scraping my head getting in the vehicle, twice a day, every day, for over a week.  ::)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3033 on: January 30, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
Mutton to see here, move on.  ;)

My recent don't do that moment. I have a sprained back, which is causing me to move in different ways since my body is compensating. I forgot I could adjust my driver's seat lower to the ground. I remembered after scraping my head getting in the vehicle, twice a day, every day, for over a week.  ::)

Ouch! Shouldn't you post not to do whatever happened to sprain your back?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3034 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
I went camping, slept on an unfamiliar cot, then sat in a non-supportive chair when not teaching a wilderness first aid class.

The next week, I tripped getting in the shower. That was all it took.  ::)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3035 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:56 PM »
I went camping, slept on an unfamiliar cot, then sat in a non-supportive chair when not teaching a wilderness first aid class.

The next week, I tripped getting in the shower. That was all it took.  ::)

Oooh, the irony of getting hurt while not teaching first aid!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3036 on: January 30, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »
Le sigh.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #3037 on: January 30, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »
I'm on some medication that can have bad side effects on your eyes, so yesterday I had to go off to the optometrist to get a set of baseline tests (the "What Mel's Eyes Look Like When They're Normal" file to compare all future tests to). Photographs of my retinas, cross-sectional scans of my maculae, that test where you click a button every time you see a little light, etc etc. In the interests of getting better photos, he wanted to put those drops in my eyes that make your pupils go whummmmm and turn the world into a Monet landscape for a while.

And Mel sez, "Okay-- wait, hang on, how long will it be before I'm okay to drive again? I've got the car and need to pick my husband up after work."

And the optometrist sez, "Oh, most people are fine after about an hour."

And Mel totally does not think about the fact that she reacts 'normally' to about one medication in ten, and sez, "All right then."

Four hours later (the drops went in at 2pm or so), the Good Ethnic Boy had to take a bus to where I was (involving a lot of walking in full sun and 37 C heat, poor guy) to drive us home, because the light it burrrrrrrned, precious. It took a total of six hours before I could almost focus again.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

KimberlyM

« Reply #3038 on: January 30, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »
I have to have those tests every 6 months for the same reason.  After the first 2 I just take a full day off work, it takes 7-8 hours minimum for my eyes to become normal again.  I hate those, but it's better than being blind!

magicdomino

« Reply #3039 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
Four hours later (the drops went in at 2pm or so), the Good Ethnic Boy had to take a bus to where I was (involving a lot of walking in full sun and 37 C heat, poor guy) to drive us home, because the light it burrrrrrrned, precious. It took a total of six hours before I could almost focus again.

Reminds me of the first time I got the drops.  Now, it wasn't my first time at an eye doctor, but the previous one had some way of looking at the retina without drops.  I didn't even think about the effect until I walked outside into a burning sea of molten metal. 

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #3040 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:21 PM »
I have to have those tests every 6 months for the same reason.  After the first 2 I just take a full day off work, it takes 7-8 hours minimum for my eyes to become normal again.  I hate those, but it's better than being blind!

Yeah, either you and I are very definitely not 'most people', or he liiiiiiied to me. :o :P *sympathy fist bump*

(You wouldn't happen to be on Pramin or similar, would you?)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #3041 on: January 30, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »

Reminds me of the first time I got the drops.  Now, it wasn't my first time at an eye doctor, but the previous one had some way of looking at the retina without drops.  I didn't even think about the effect until I walked outside into a burning sea of molten metal.

Australian summer here. I texted the Good Ethnic Boy a selfie of my huge pupils and "Eye drops -> dilated pupils -> DEAR GOD THE SUN AIIEEEEE" ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

KimberlyM

« Reply #3042 on: January 30, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
Plaquenil. 

I don't think I know anyone who is back to normal in an hour...I think they all lie!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3043 on: January 30, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
Plaquenil. 

I don't think I know anyone who is back to normal in an hour...I think they all lie!

It doesn't take me much longer than an hour, if that.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3044 on: January 30, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »
I'm not several hours but I'm usually at least 2 or 3 before I'm relatively back to normal.

My strategy is to book my appointments at the end of the day, in the winter, so that when I'm leaving to go home, it's dark.  Plus, I'm only driving about 5 minutes from my optometrist to my house.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario