Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 477470 times)

Vall

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3105 on: March 25, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
So, glue from a hot glue gun is hot.

Burlap has holes in it.

I hear if you combine the two and then try to press the burlap together and hold it to let it set, your fingers will not like you at all and very colorful language will come out of your mouth.

Not that it happened to me, though.  ::)
Thanks.  This gave me a giggle. ;D

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #3106 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »
Took way too much melatonin to help me sleep. Was literally wide awake for 3 days.

:o

Lesson learned.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #3107 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
Don't try to trim your eyebrows first thing in the morning before you've had any caffeine. I look a little like one of those hip-hop kids from the 90s who shaved lines into their brows.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3108 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »
Don't have a major diet change while taking iron supplements.  :-X

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3109 on: April 07, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
Don't have a major diet change while taking iron supplements.  :-X

What happens?  ???

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3110 on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
Elimination becomes an issue.  :-[

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3111 on: April 07, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
oh ...   :(

Carotte

« Reply #3112 on: April 07, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
The volume limit on an (electrical or otherwhise) kettle is there for a reason. Water boils (duh ::)) and will end up everywhere if you fill it too much (duh˛  :-[).

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3113 on: April 26, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »
So. Anyone who knows me knows that objects in motion and I are not friends.
Throwing, catching, hitting, dodging....not going to happen.

If I ask for my keys? Do not throw them. I will not be able to catch them.

I need an apple? Hope you eat bruised apples, because if you toss it, it is going to bounce off some random part of my body and go rolling around on the floor.

Having said that, it should be clear that I do not do any sports that involve hitting, catching or otherwise require depth perception and any form of visual accuracy.

Which brings us to last night.
Mr. Dragon is attending a conference and I am along to take care of some other errands. Last night and I went to the conference's German Beer Hall night, where we chatted with some great people, ate a tasty German buffet and where I won a door prize.

Guess what I won?
Yep. Two rounds of golf at a high-end golf course. {The clouds part and the Imps of Irony mock!}

Folks, the last time I golfed, I - read this carefully now - THREW the ball on the seventh hole and did BETTER than I did using the clubs!!!!!

Somehow, I don't think the course is going to let me use that technique.

I think Mr. Dragon is going to get to go golfing. With three friends. While I stay home and avoid moving objects.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #3114 on: April 26, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
The local primary school - this is a good number of years ago - had a Christmas concert. Because the hall was not large enough to take all the children plus parents, siblings, grandparents, etc., etc., cont. page 94, they held the concert outside in the playground. Since it was midwinter, they laid on tea and coffee for the adults, and for the children, fruit drinks made up with hot water.

So children's drinks can be made hot, right? And children - specifically, mine - now know this.

Did you know that if you pour half a pint - and just so we're clear, UK pints are bigger than US pints - of Irn Bru (other carbonated drinks are available) into an electric kettle and set it to boil, you get a six foot high, bright day-glow orange, fizzy, hot fountain across your kitchen? And that the stain will never come out of the ceiling plaster?

Also, for most of a week, your mother will complain that her tea tastes odd.

Who knew?

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3115 on: April 26, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »
The local primary school - this is a good number of years ago - had a Christmas concert. Because the hall was not large enough to take all the children plus parents, siblings, grandparents, etc., etc., cont. page 94, they held the concert outside in the playground. Since it was midwinter, they laid on tea and coffee for the adults, and for the children, fruit drinks made up with hot water.

So children's drinks can be made hot, right? And children - specifically, mine - now know this.

Did you know that if you pour half a pint - and just so we're clear, UK pints are bigger than US pints - of Irn Bru (other carbonated drinks are available) into an electric kettle and set it to boil, you get a six foot high, bright day-glow orange, fizzy, hot fountain across your kitchen? And that the stain will never come out of the ceiling plaster?

Who knew?

I've had Irn Bru. It's not a flavour I'm used to, so it always tastes odd to me.
But Irn Bru and tea...well...that's just a whole new level of orange strangeness!

catwhiskers

« Reply #3116 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:17 PM »

Who knew?

Want to know what is worse? I read this post out loud to a friend of mine. Who now wants to try it... (even though she's definitely old enought to know better).

My response was "Not in my kitchen you don't!"

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3117 on: May 09, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »

Who knew?

Want to know what is worse? I read this post out loud to a friend of mine. Who now wants to try it... (even though she's definitely old enought to know better).

If you can tell me where to get this beverage in the US, I will do it in my backyard and make a video!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3118 on: May 09, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »

Who knew?

If you can tell me where to get this beverage in the US, I will do it in my backyard and make a video!

Visually, orange Fanta would be a good substitute.  :)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3119 on: May 10, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »

Who knew?

Visually, orange Fanta would be a good substitute.  :)

I was imagining Tang, for some reason.  Fanta makes a good visual too!