Author Topic: Bridezillas0522-08 : She hates me bc I am rich...  (Read 21398 times)

Dr_Manners

Re: Bridezillas0522-08 : She hates me bc I am rich...
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
Whenever I read one of these that the LW puts so much effort to paint themselves to be so much better than the other person I find it extremely hard to believe what is written.

And it does not matter in what way the LW is "better" than the other. Money, class, etiquette, size, diet, . . . ect. I could go on.

I have a strong feeling that Susan did less than half the stuff that was written about her. Or even nothing at all and the LW was just trolling.
I'm with you Doll Fiend.  Whenever I read a story, whether here or elsewhere, in which the writer tries so hard to paint a picture of how gracious, understanding, and non-judgmental they are, all the while using insulting phrases like "country bumpkin," I immediately lose any trust that the story happened as presented.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2010, 11:11:40 AM »
Whenever I read a story, whether here or elsewhere, in which the writer tries so hard to paint a picture of how gracious, understanding, and non-judgmental they are, all the while using insulting phrases like "country bumpkin," I immediately lose any trust that the story happened as presented.

It makes me wonder of the OP actually called Suzanne a "country bumpkin" to her face.   :P

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else get the song "She F#^*$^ Hates Me" running through their head every time this thread pops up?

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else get the song "She F#^*$^ Hates Me" running through their head every time this thread pops up?

HAHAHHAA! I was literally comin here to say "Hey guess what song is playing on my Ipod right now!" and I saw your post. You musta made it come on my Ipod iwth your brain powered superthinky awesome powers of suggestion.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 01:33:15 PM »

HAHAHHAA! I was literally comin here to say "Hey guess what song is playing on my Ipod right now!" and I saw your post. You musta made it come on my Ipod iwth your brain powered superthinky awesome powers of suggestion.

YES!  My brain has done SOMETHING right today!  ;D  That just made my entire day.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »
I think both women are in the wrong. The OP because of her condescending attitude, and Suzanne because of her rudeness. Calling someone a nasty name and then inviting them to your wedding shower? Also, I'm not fond of letters demanding that the recipients make friends with the senders. [Dear Mary, Why aren't you my friend? You better try harder to be my friend. Love, Anne]  If Suzanne thought not being close to the OP, snobby or not, was such a hardship, she could have put some effort into it herself.

Ugh, just everyone in the story sounds like a pill.

This is my reaction, too.

I don't relish the LW's approach, and I bet she *did* make Suzanne feel like a total outsider.

But the demand to be friends, and then the long letter back about how horrible the LW was? Bad form.

cnhartman2

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
I agree with the commentator.  It seems the OP was quite full of herself.  Speaking as a "country bumpkin from a working class family," I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the OP's opinion of where Suzanne came from was coming out in her treatment of her.  It almost seems as though the OP thinks that Suzanne SHOULD feel inferior to her, so naturally that would be what her problem is.

When I was working on my BA, I lived with two girls from wealthy families.  I met the first one through my now husband and we didn't like each other at first (not because of class differences, but because of a misunderstanding and lies that a now mutual enemy was telling us about each other...we were naive college freshmen, after all).  After a while, we became really good friends...I actually didn't know she was from a wealthy family until after we had both graduated and gotten married.  She had a good head on her shoulders, she was a hard worker, and she didn't act spoiled or superior to me.  We're still good friends (actually, we're seeing each other next week for Thanksgiving).  The second girl, however, was the rich-girl stereotype you often see on TV.  She flaunted the fact that her Daddy could buy her expensive new cars every time she wrecked hers because she was doing something stupid.  She'd get offended if I told her I couldn't go out to dinner one night because I couldn't afford it (I really couldn't!).  She had no idea how to hand wash dishes and got confused over the dish drainer and she flipped when her parents wouldn't buy her a ticket to Vegas for her 21st birthday.  She was terrified the first time she heard a cow moo because she didn't know what it was (which has always confused me, because that's something you learn at, like...age 2--"What sound do the cow-cows make?"  "Moo!").  Second girl and I did not get along.  Hell, first girl and second girl didn't even get along.

The point of that story, though, was that the attitude each girl was what mattered, not how much money she had.  It IS possible that Suzanne doesn't like the OP because of her background...but it's more likely that it's because of the attitude she seems to have about her background making her worthy of Suzanne's envy and feelings of inferiority.

HOWEVER, I was never outwardly rude to Second Girl.  I kept things civil and then we mutually and cleanly broke away after we stopped living together.  Suzanne was EXTREMELY rude.  While she may have had a good reason for not liking the OP, there is no excuse for the email she sent or the gift-grabbing she did.