Author Topic: You have to be kidding...  (Read 8505 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: You have to be kidding...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 04:37:33 PM »
NL was rude and nervy.

BTW, most employers screen with a drug test.  And, I believe marijuana stays in ones system for 30-60 days.

That's accurate.  It's why a lot of people in prisons go in with a pot habit and come out addicted to hard drugs.  Because they stay in the body for a much shorter time, it's a lot harder to get caught out on a random drug test.

I have to say, if an employer is doing drug tests, I would assume they are doing it properly and sneaking clean urine in should be impossible anyway!

You'd be surprised at what people come up with.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
What kind of job is this?  If it's something that can endanger the public, I'd sure as heck provide my experiences with this kid.  If it's such a high security job, the employee may interview all the neighbors anyway and the kid's mother wanted to warn your mom hoping she has time to think up something positive.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
I don't know what type of job it was, but I'm pretty sure he didn't get it...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

sbtier

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
I would have told the company exactly what happened.  His MOTHER came to ask you, you responded no, you've never met the person in question.