Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Salads for the non-salad eater?

(1/7) > >>

aline:
I've been trying to eat more salads for dinner, and only have a couple of good recipes. I've never been terribly fond of just greens and dressing. What are some of your favorite salad recipes or ingredients?

DottyG:
Does it have to include lettuce?  Because I'm having a craving for Three Bean Salad these days.  It's easy and quick.

It's not really the recipe for the real thing, but what I usually do is get cans of 3 different types of beans (or more - who cares if it ends up being 10 bean salad?!) - garbanzos, green beans, kidney beans, whatever strikes your fancy.  Put all of them with some vinegar (I'm partial to white balsalmic these days), salt and pepper.  Best to let it sit a while in the fridge (even a few days!) to let the flavors meld.  But, mine usually doesn't last that long! :)

aline:
It definitely does not have to include lettuce. In fact, I'm getting kind of sick of lettuce, so alternatives are welcome. ;)

Three bean salad sounds lovely. I even have all the ingredients. I'm going to have to try that out for dinner this week. Thanks!  ;D

sparksals:

--- Quote from: farfalla on April 03, 2007, 05:43:28 PM ---I've been trying to eat more salads for dinner, and only have a couple of good recipes. I've never been terribly fond of just greens and dressing. What are some of your favorite salad recipes or ingredients?

--- End quote ---

Do you like Cucumbers?  A great recipe I adapted from the Best of Bridge series of cookbooks.

Lee Hong's Cucumbers

This is always a hit when I make it and it's the most requested salad recipe I make.  If I make it once, I'm always asked to make it again.  It also keeps for a couple days and is even better.  The cukes get a little softer the next day, but the flavour is awesome. 

aline:
I love cucumbers and that recipe looks wonderful as well, thanks! Definitely going to try out both of the posted suggestions.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version