Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

If you haven't been able to access the forum from your computer...

<< < (2/9) > >>

War_Doc:
All the problems you describe are not a problem on your end, it is a problem with the authoritative DNS server and it's ability to resolve IP's when propogation is shaky from downstream.

AdakAK:

--- Quote from: War_Doc on April 08, 2007, 09:57:37 PM ---All the problems you describe are not a problem on your end, it is a problem with the authoritative DNS server and it's ability to resolve IP's when propogation is shaky from downstream.

--- End quote ---

That sounds very much like what DH told me when I thought Ehell was down for a week.  Something about it pointing incorrectly?

I think he forced our IP lookup somehow, he explained it but it was too technical for me.  Ehell works now?  It will keep working?  Problem solved, that's all I need to know.

He did some poking from our end and I can ask him for the technical details if it will help.

Susan

Stormtreader:
This is happening for me again after the new server change (DNS Fail message).
Did anyone find how to fix it? Ive tried flushdns, hasnt helped :(

Ehelldame:
I think you are just going to have to wait until the DNS propogates.   I am really sorry...I had no idea the IP address would change when we changed to a new server because we weren't chanigng host providers, just switching to a larger machine.  It wasn't mentioned beforehand and I just assumed that the data would move to the new server and we'd keep the same DNS numbers.

I wonder how many other people are having problems accessing the forum?

Well, hopefully this is the last server upgrade for a long time. 

sparksals:
When I saw the upgrade notification, I thought, "OH NO!!!" because I had the DNS failure for a very long time during the last upgrade.  I had absolutely no issues on this one. 

Stormtreader - did you also delete your cookies?  When I had the problem in the past, I only deleted ehell cookies.  After I deleted all of them, did the dnsflush and then rebooted is when I was able to gain access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version