Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

Forgive me, eHellions, for I have sinned...

(1/4) > >>

supernova:

Shortcake:
What a hurtful experience! I am sorry that happened to you and your DBF! I can't think of any helpful responses. I think I would have done what you did and said, "Excuse me!" with an icy glare before I left.

Because the boy wasn't disciplined for this, I would be afraid that if you had said anything to the mother or the boy, they would have become defensive.  They might have excused his rudeness because he is a child.  ::) 

I wouldn't have wanted this to escalate into an argument. I don't think you failed because you did avoid that. You were getting upset, and you got yourself out of there as fast as you can.

The only thing I see that you could have done a little differently is to have gotten out of hearing distance before you started talking about the little boy being a brat. (Is that what you meant by not getting far enough away from the area?) Even so, are you sure they heard what you said?

MDefarge:
EvilIrishone would probably have said "Look DBF it's a rude little boy!! I wonder how he got to be so rude??" (Whilst glaring at mom & grandma)

caranfin:

--- Quote from: irishone on December 12, 2008, 11:38:57 AM ---EvilIrishone would probably have said "Look DBF it's a rude little boy!! I wonder how he got to be so rude??" (Whilst glaring at mom & grandma)

--- End quote ---

EvilCaranfin likes this.

I know we're not supposed to correct someone else's children, but really, after the 2nd or 3rd time, would have been so horrible to say "That's a rude thing to say?"

onemagicmummy:
i have a 4yr old, and a very vocal 3yr old boy,  in a situation like that i would of reprimanded my child and told them to stop being rude, if they continumed i would of hauled them out and revoked pool privildeges for the rest of the day.

so sorry that happened to you.

Kiz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version