Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 403071 times)

Vall

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2655 on: November 07, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »
The recent story about the shadow person made me think of something that happened a little over a month ago.  It's nothing exciting but it made me wonder.

Some background.  I've worked the graveyard shift for years because I like it.  I'm most awake in the middle of the night and I'm very used to it being dark when I go to work.  We have street parking.  I always park in front of our house in the same spot where there is a street light about ten feet in front of the car that shines in the car.  There are seldom any other cars near mine and this night was no different.  I have a four door sedan, tan leather interior, and my windows are not tinted.

I was on my way to work.  I walked out of the house towards my car.  As a habit, I always look at my tires and inside my car before I get in.  As I was walking, I looked through the rear passenger window and saw a figure in the driver's seat.  I kept my stride but I kept looking.  I could still see it when I looked through my back window.  Rounding the drivers side, I could still see it through the rear and front driver's side windows.  By then, I was pressing my remote to unlock my doors and the light came on as usual.  There was nothing there.

But I had seen the same three dimensional, vaguely human-shaped figure from all three angles.  The shadows from the streetlight were no different than any other night and I could see the figure clearly against the tan interior.  It was a very deep black 3-D shadow-like thing with a head, shoulders, torso and I think arms at its sides (I couldn't see into the car for anything lower).  It didn't have the shape of hair or facial features such as a nose, mouth, eyes or ears that I saw.  It was just sitting there with its head bowed, like it was sleeping.  I'm a large woman so it was smaller than me and probably the size of a man who was maybe 5'10" and 160 lbs.

I'm fanatical about being on time (early) for work so I didn't take the time to be scared.  I did instinctively grab the necklaces of amber and hematite that I keep hanging on my rear view mirror as a way to ground myself (I keep them there to protect the car and me in it).  I wondered though as I got into the car whether it was an omen that I was going to die in a car wreck on my way to work.  Obviously, nothing happened.  I did half-way expect to have a funny feeling in the car or a coldness but everything seemed okay.

I bought the car when it was a couple of years old but it had never been in an accident.  I've had it for 9 years so I'm very used to how it looks and the normal shadows in it.  This wasn't normal.

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #2656 on: November 08, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
The recent story about the shadow person made me think of something that happened a little over a month ago.  It's nothing exciting but it made me wonder.

Some background.  I've worked the graveyard shift for years because I like it.  I'm most awake in the middle of the night and I'm very used to it being dark when I go to work.  We have street parking.  I always park in front of our house in the same spot where there is a street light about ten feet in front of the car that shines in the car.  There are seldom any other cars near mine and this night was no different.  I have a four door sedan, tan leather interior, and my windows are not tinted.

I was on my way to work.  I walked out of the house towards my car.  As a habit, I always look at my tires and inside my car before I get in.  As I was walking, I looked through the rear passenger window and saw a figure in the driver's seat.  I kept my stride but I kept looking.  I could still see it when I looked through my back window.  Rounding the drivers side, I could still see it through the rear and front driver's side windows.  By then, I was pressing my remote to unlock my doors and the light came on as usual.  There was nothing there.

But I had seen the same three dimensional, vaguely human-shaped figure from all three angles.  The shadows from the streetlight were no different than any other night and I could see the figure clearly against the tan interior.  It was a very deep black 3-D shadow-like thing with a head, shoulders, torso and I think arms at its sides (I couldn't see into the car for anything lower).  It didn't have the shape of hair or facial features such as a nose, mouth, eyes or ears that I saw.  It was just sitting there with its head bowed, like it was sleeping.  I'm a large woman so it was smaller than me and probably the size of a man who was maybe 5'10" and 160 lbs.

I'm fanatical about being on time (early) for work so I didn't take the time to be scared.  I did instinctively grab the necklaces of amber and hematite that I keep hanging on my rear view mirror as a way to ground myself (I keep them there to protect the car and me in it).  I wondered though as I got into the car whether it was an omen that I was going to die in a car wreck on my way to work.  Obviously, nothing happened.  I did half-way expect to have a funny feeling in the car or a coldness but everything seemed okay.

I bought the car when it was a couple of years old but it had never been in an accident.  I've had it for 9 years so I'm very used to how it looks and the normal shadows in it.  This wasn't normal.

Yikes!  I am impressed that you just hopped in that car and went on with your night.  Especially since the figure you had seen had been in the very seat you had to occupy.   :o
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

RubyCat

« Reply #2657 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »
Not as exciting as some of the posts but I've got a couple of my own sties to add.

About 5 years ago, I was working in a nursing home. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man enter a room.  I was really, really thought that it was one of our male nursing assistants. I reached around the curtain to ask a question, and there was nobody there. Weird.

At a different job, we had a hospice patient die. After we cleaned the body and sent him to the morgue, we began gathering up his belongings when the lights began to flicker. I recall saying something like "okay, Mr Smith, that's enought". The nurse working with me was kind of freaked out, but the blinking stopped.

The hospital I work at now is supposed to be haunted. Not my floor, as far as I know, but the floor above me has a storage room that is called "the scary room" because it is creepy. It hasn't bothered me so far...  The floor below us has a unit that is used only for overflow. I have heard people I trust talk about seeing a woman in a yellow ball gown and to see charts fly off the rack.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2658 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »
Months ago, Mom had came across a tragic "look back" article in our hometown. It was about a 1958 plane crash *child death warning*
http://hamptonroads.com/2013/12/deadly-lesson-1958-led-safer-practices-navy

She mentioned it to me, but never gave me the link to the article. And I never looked it up, although I wondered now and then what became of the surviving family.  But today, for some bizarre reason, I had a strange feeling about "go find the article right now." After reading it, I came across the story about today's plane crash in Maryland *child death warning*
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-plane-crashes-home/story?id=27453373

And then I realized the first crash happened on December 9th and today's crash was December 8th. I know logically the dates are just tragic coincidences, but it still made me sad

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #2659 on: December 09, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
About 5 years ago, I was working in a nursing home. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man enter a room.  I was really, really thought that it was one of our male nursing assistants. I reached around the curtain to ask a question, and there was nobody there. Weird. 

Reminds me of a story my stepmom told me about the hospital she works at.  An elderly woman was in a room and apparently the nurses could see a gentleman at her bedside on the monitor but there was no gentleman in the room in real life.  Look at the monitor - gentleman.  Look past the monitor into the room - no gentleman.

Eeep!

« Reply #2660 on: December 09, 2014, 02:48:58 PM »

Reminds me of a story my stepmom told me about the hospital she works at.  An elderly woman was in a room and apparently the nurses could see a gentleman at her bedside on the monitor but there was no gentleman in the room in real life.  Look at the monitor - gentleman.  Look past the monitor into the room - no gentleman.

Oh weird! I would have thought it would be the opposite - that the monitor wouldn't pick him up.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2661 on: December 09, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »

A about 10-12 years ago my dad was in the hospital with a very bad case of MRSA that spread from a very large skin infection into one of his lungs.  Basically, the doctors told my SM she should be prepared for him die.  They seriously didn't think he was going to make it through the night.  He swears that he was visited by a very old man that looked like some sort of Beach Bum and that he told him he would be fine in just a few hours.  When he woke up the next morning, he had improved so much that the doctors couldn't explain it.  They were totally flummoxed as they seriously thought my SM would be planning funeral arrangements by then.

When he told my SM the story about the old man visiting him, she thought he was hallucinating.  She had been in the room the whole time and no one else visited him, much less some raggedly dressed old man.  A little while later one of the nurses came to check his vitals and to draw blood and she asked him who his other visitor was.  She had seen him in the room on and off all night and while she thought he looked a bit unscrupulous, my SM didn't seem disturbed by him or ask for him to be removed from the room, so she left him be thinking he was just some eccentric older relative.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #2662 on: December 10, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
That's a terrific story! I wonder who the man was?

I love the idea that we simply can't explain everything by science - yet. Maybe someday, but I don't think we have all the answers yet.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.