News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 30, 2016, 08:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Northeast Coast Blizzard  (Read 3521 times)

rose red

Re: Northeast Coast Blizzard
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

I'm impressed at how everyone's retained electricity and services. I guess the blizzard of 2012 was a good learning experience.

I was impressed as well - I was so afraid we would lose power. I wasn't living in this area during Sandy, but all my family was still up here, so I heard about it and of course saw pictures on Facebook. I'm glad I missed that one.

Electric companies from other cities and states were sent over in anticipation of the storm so that probably helped. I agree lesson learned.

Roe

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize so many are from Northern Va. *waves hello to my neighbors*

cicero

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2016, 07:50:13 PM »
And today was so beautiful!  Lots of snow still on the ground,  in a few places still impossible to walk,  but for the most part we're done.  Got a few nice long walks in.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
Traffic has been absolutely horrible. There are still main roads which have not been plowed clear in the city.  My 5 mile commute with 3! turns takes 30 min in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. 
Maryland

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2016, 09:15:39 AM »
I went grocery shopping on Thursday and there was *still* no milk at Walmart *or* Giant.  I was surprised that it took them so long to restock, given that the roads had really been pretty clear since Tuesday and the storm was known about well in advance.  I went again on Saturday, though, and Giant had finally restocked milk.  The fridge wasn't entirely full, but maybe 2/3rds, so not too bad.  I had to use some soymilk we had on hand for a recipe in the meantime.
Emily is 9 years old!  1/07
Jenny is 7 years old!  10/08
Charlotte is 5 years old!  8/10
Megan is 3 years old!  10/12
Lydia is 1 year old!  12/14

cicero

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
I went grocery shopping on Thursday and there was *still* no milk at Walmart *or* Giant.  I was surprised that it took them so long to restock, given that the roads had really been pretty clear since Tuesday and the storm was known about well in advance.  I went again on Saturday, though, and Giant had finally restocked milk.  The fridge wasn't entirely full, but maybe 2/3rds, so not too bad.  I had to use some soymilk we had on hand for a recipe in the meantime.
I wasn't taking any chances.  I stocked up on coffee and milk *and* a can of evaporated milk for "just in case". I can live without a lot of things but coffee isn't one of them

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

siamesecat2965

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
I wasn't taking any chances.  I stocked up on coffee and milk *and* a can of evaporated milk for "just in case". I can live without a lot of things but coffee isn't one of them

I've also made coffee, to drink cold and black (blech) if needed since my store is electric, and if power goes out, I'd rather have that than nothing.