News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 21, 2017, 11:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: would you have said something?  (Read 2727 times)

medowynd

Re: would you have said something?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 02:49:34 AM »
I was in the bulk department at Whole Foods, watching a man take samples from every dispenser.  He saw me walk over to the employee stocking in the section.  As I was speaking to the employee, the man made a quick exit.  He was well aware that I was reporting him, although I never spoke to him.

rose red

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
I was in the bulk department at Whole Foods, watching a man take samples from every dispenser.  He saw me walk over to the employee stocking in the section.  As I was speaking to the employee, the man made a quick exit.  He was well aware that I was reporting him, although I never spoke to him.

Are customers allowed to take samples though (I'm not sure how you are using the word sample in this case)? If not, that's stealing. If yes, then he's not doing anything wrong by trying everything.

At the grocery store I go to, there's a metal box to put in 5 cents for each sample you take. I think that's nice but I'm sure not everybody pays :(

cicero

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 08:01:18 AM »

Are customers allowed to take samples though (I'm not sure how you are using the word sample in this case)? If not, that's stealing. If yes, then he's not doing anything wrong by trying everything.

At the grocery store I go to, there's a metal box to put in 5 cents for each sample you take. I think that's nice but I'm sure not everybody pays :(
I don't know about medowynd's location, but in all the whole foods I've been to in my area (ny/nj),  customers are *not*allowed to take samples (there are signs). They are very generous with giving samples *if you ask* but discourage people taking them.

The situation in medowynd's example is different from the OP's situation because the OP was about specific samples that were available for people to taste.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

rose red

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 08:06:32 AM »
*snip*

The situation in medowynd's example is different from the OP's situation because the OP was about specific samples that were available for people to taste.

Thanks, that's why I was wondering. If this situation is like the OP or if this was just plain stealing.