Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 47574 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2014, 01:01:19 PM »
Got 2 of 3 dogs bathed, brushed and trimmed.  Sparkle didn't need it (she was bathed and tidied just before she came home) and I brushed two 5-gallon buckets full of hair out of Radar.  It balanced out.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

greencat

« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
I went to the gym last night after work and did 50 minutes on the treadmill.  Today I determined that the medication the doctor gave me
Friday does not in fact make me sleepy or fuzzy-headed, so I can take it during the daytime and be functional instead of just taking it at night.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
I made chocolate gravy with sweetened condensed milk and water instead of regular milk (we were out). I then made breakfast frittata muffins for the week. They are really tasty.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1023 on: October 12, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
Too tired to plant stuff today, which is unfortunate since it is beautiful out.  But I am going to put the turkey carcass into the pot and get it boiled.  I'm going to cook another turkey next weekend so I can make up some dinners ahead and I'll cook down those bones, too, so I'm going just freeze the broth until next weekend.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to make pea soup and potato and leek soup, as well as doing some tidying up around the house.  It hasn't been properly cleaned since before I injured my back.  If I can get it tidied up, I'm going to hire someone to do the actual cleaning.  And have them come back once every month.

If it isn't raining tomorrow, I'm going to try to do some garden work, too.  And I'll have to dig carrots to make the pea soup, anyway.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
Yesterday I did laundry, finished off my first crocheted scarf ever!, and recorded my program for my volunteer job (I record a weekly program for State Services for the Blind, which is aired on their radio channel).  Today I made granola (which is so good!), started a new scarf, and finally put my sugar scrubs together for the people who ordered them two weeks ago.  I notifed everyone they were ready, so now to see how I can get them to people without shipping them (glass jars make for heavy shipping prices!). 

Now I have a couple batches of soap to make (one cold process, one melt and pour) and I need to trial some shower tablets.  Last time I tried to make them, it was too humid and they just fell apart.  With the lessened humidity, I think I have a better chance at getting them to come out right now. 

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1025 on: October 12, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »
Thursday and Friday I, along with many others, helped out a very dear friend move his cafe into storage after being unceremoniously and illegally evicted with very short notice.

Spring is here at the moment, so it was time to catch up with planting in the garden.

Saturday - potted lemon and lime trees, planted out impatients, went to the Farm and Produce shop and bought more seedlings (tomatoes, capsicum, snow peas, cucumbers) and then planted all them out as well.  Bought feed for the pony I'm expecting to arrive this week.  Set up table, chairs on back verandah for summer.  Watered everything.

Sunday - backfilled the hole in the back with soil and horse do and dug it out larger as well for a vege patch.  Purchased a shade sail for the front deck (haven't put it up yet).  Also bought a candle holder and candle for the back verandah, and a watering can to fertilise the vege and flower beds.  Cleaned out and fixed up the smallest shed for the pony.  Watered everything again.

I hit the wall around 2:30pm, and everything is aching now.  And today (Monday) I'm back at work and the weather seems to think it's winter again.

turtleIScream

« Reply #1026 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
I bit the bullet, and went clothes shopping. After joining a gym 22 months ago, and doing fitness pal, I have been holding off completing my wardrobe. I have been culling too small, or worn out stuff for awhile, so was down to a rather sparse collection. I finally resigned myself to the fact that any weight loss attempts are really just maintenance mode, and spent the money on clothes that fit. I have a few more pieces to buy, and some new shoes, but hopefully, that will be relatively painless.

I also swapped out seasonal clothing. Yay!

Folded several loads of laundry, and discovered that the line-dry clothes held out of the dryer were never actually hung, just balled up on top of the washer. Those are soaking to remove the odor.

Rescheduled my hair appt (color) for after we get back from the water park this weekend.

About to vacuum and make dinner. Will also make lunches ahead for my daughter, and work on a menu and grocery list.

snowfire

« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
Put a second coat of paint on the new deck for our cargo trailer.

DH & I got up on the roof and patched a bunch of shakes which were in sad shape.  We used 2 packs of shakes, ~40 square feet plus some ridge shingles.  ( benefit = we got one pack of shakes and the cap shakes out of the garage, just had to buy one pack.) 

Our HOA currently requires cedar shakes, which are not happy in a high desert climate.  We are currently trying to get a revision of the CC&R's so that people can use other materials....Houses are 20 - 25 years old.  Everyone is patching & hoping that we can get the changes passed before anyone has to replace their roof.

greencat

« Reply #1028 on: October 13, 2014, 11:01:22 PM »
I ate healthy and am well-hydrated.  I dyed my hair dark brown because I was tired of keeping up the red dye.  I ran a load of laundry and should have enough clean pants for the rest of the week - work shirts will get washed tomorrow.  I told a few people some things they needed to hear from me - that feels like a physical weight off my chest.  I hit the gym for a bit.  I am going to bed early. 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1029 on: October 14, 2014, 09:09:56 AM »
Yesterday, I got out of bed and took a shower.  That was an accomplishment for yesterday.  Not what I'd hoped to get done but better than nothing.

Today, I have a Costco run planned.  And it has to get done today because tomorrow, I have to pick up my basket from the CSA farm, Thursday, I have a hair appointment and Friday, I have a physio appointment.

Snowfire, I hope you can talk some sense into your HOA!  Cedar shakes aren't much good where I live, either, due to the opposite problem - snow load.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #1030 on: October 14, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
Snowfire, I hope you can talk some sense into your HOA!  Cedar shakes aren't much good where I live, either, due to the opposite problem - snow load.

We are on the way to changing them.  DH & I worked on the wording to try to allow the houses as many options as possible, given the evolving technologies. Someone tried to tweak that on the asphalt architectural shingles to require one brand and style. That got shot down because it was too restrictive...what if maker changed style names, etc. Would we have to redo CC&R's? Then they tried essentially the same thing by making requirements so extreme that only one manufacturer & style fit it. Same problem, also, that style was approximately 30-40% more $ than others.  (I wondered if whoever was trying so hard had some financial interest in the company or something.)  Current proposition being voted on will be much easier to live with.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1031 on: October 17, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Finally!! DS and i painted the bathroom, shower( two very small rooms. One with just the toilet and one with tub and sink. One was painted pink [ don't ask] and was half blue and half white with lots of peeling paint). I also painted the half rusty guard rail on the balcony - had to use  smelly paint for that. It was a lot of work - did a lot of scraping, spackling, two coats of primer and two coats of white, now both rooms are all white.  we still have to paint the rest of the house but that is just white on white. I'm so glad we got started!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1032 on: October 20, 2014, 07:40:29 AM »
Finally re-organising the tool cupboard. It sounds silly, but we kept buying new cheap tools because we simply couldn't find things under the clutter of boxes, bags and everything else. Now everything is in neatly labelled tool boxes, and we've found a lot of things we thought we'd lost in the house move years ago. (And screwdrivers. Lots and lots of screwdrivers.)   

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1033 on: October 20, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
Didn't get as much accomplished over the weekend as I'd hoped but it wasn't a complete loss.

I made turkey stock on Saturday and put that in the freezer for when I cook a turkey to make up some dinners for work.  I'll boil that carcass down, too, and make a big pot of turkey soup.

Yesterday, I did 4 loads of laundry and made a big pot of potato leek soup.  It's a little bland so I have to figure out what to add to it to kick it up a little.  It's in the freezer in single serving containers.

And I've also been dealing with phone calls.  My Dad's house is on the market and there's an offer that's been going back and forth.  The buyers are playing games so it's getting quite annoying.  We gave them our firm and final and they countered $10,000 grand below that.   ::)  So we had to decide whether to walk away, counter or accept.  We figured it would cost us about $5000 to carry the house over the winter if it doesn't sell in the next month before the market slows right down so we decided to counter in the middle.  That goes over to them today and then we're waiting a week because my Dad is heading up to go hunting with my brother this week and won't be back until Sunday.

So my project for the next three weeks is to get my house purged and call to get all the donation stuff picked up that's in my garage.  And then I need to get my house tidied because there will be a bunch of stuff coming from my Dad's place - a few pieces I want to keep and a bunch of stuff to arrange to get sold.
Ontario

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1034 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:59 AM »
Finally re-organising the tool cupboard. It sounds silly, but we kept buying new cheap tools because we simply couldn't find things under the clutter of boxes, bags and everything else. Now everything is in neatly labelled tool boxes, and we've found a lot of things we thought we'd lost in the house move years ago. (And screwdrivers. Lots and lots of screwdrivers.)
dare i tell you that before we embarked on our painting project, ds and i went to the DIY store and bought stuff that we needed. got home, meanwhile DS cleared out the storage room and found *exact*duplicates of half the stuff we bought from when i bought them a year of so ago... luckily was able to return some of the new stuff....

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools