News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 09:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are there any speech language pathologists or audiologists here?  (Read 473 times)

katiescarlett

Are there any speech language pathologists or audiologists here?
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
I'm just curious.  :) I'm currently working on a second bachelor's degree in Communications and Speech disorders to get the prereqs I need to apply for graduate school next year. I am not sure if I want to go the SLP or audio route yet, so I was just curious if either of those fields were represented on this board.

Lulubelle

Re: Are there any speech language pathologists or audiologists here?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
I am getting my Masters in Education, but I thought about taking Speech Pathology.  It seems like a fascinating field.

katiescarlett

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »
I am getting my Masters in Education, but I thought about taking Speech Pathology.  It seems like a fascinating field.

My biggest problem is that I can't decide between speech path or audiology. Both fields fascinate me, but I do think I love audio a bit more. I just keep thinking that I am 38 and it is a 4 year program and would incur a lot of debt, lol, to not make much more than an SLP with half the time in school. I do like the thought of being Dr. Scarlett, lol, but would never use that as my deciding factor.

Lulubelle

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 08:57:24 AM »
Do you think you could do some shadowing?