Author Topic: What Are You Wearing....?  (Read 139391 times)

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
Re: What Are You Wearing....?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
Believe it or not, a long flowing skirt. And little Mary Jane shoes. And a pretty top with flowers on it. And dangly earrings. :P

(Just got back from meeting the new boyfriend's parents, which explains it. ;))

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
Believe it or not, a long flowing skirt. And little Mary Jane shoes. And a pretty top with flowers on it. And dangly earrings. :P

Hopefully, they appreciated you for what's inside, not just what you wore.   :)

Murphy

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
White 3/4  leggings with my blue shirt dress and pink flats. It's actually quite cold for this time of year in South Australia, hence the leggings under my dress. I don't think it's going to be a very warm Christmas this year.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2008, 12:04:59 AM »

Did it bother them that you didn't have a shirt on?
 >:D
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2008, 06:00:41 AM »
[long threadjack, sorry]

Did it bother them that you didn't have a shirt on?
 >:D

LOL! Hey, I said I was wearing a top! It was a wide-strapped vest top over a capped-sleeve t-shirt. Which is relevant in a moment.

Hopefully, they appreciated you for what's inside, not just what you wore.   :)

Ahh...nope. Not really. Well. Hmmm.

You see, I was getting dressed in a hurry that morning, and whilst the ensemble I put on was pretty and girly, it had...short sleeves. (Can you see where this is going? ::) ) My tattoos were on display. Oops. I honestly didn't think till I took my jacket off in the pub (it was a posh pub lunch that the grandparents were treating everyone to).

The grandfather prodded me (hard) on my rainbow star and demanded to know "what the point of those things" was, he thought they were ridiculous. Then the grandmother asked "Is that what I think it is?" And when I replied with a smile "Yes, they're tattoos", proceeded to go on at length about how horrible and disgusting tattoos were. Now, you don't have to like tattoos, but... (And none of mine are of "objectionable content" in themselves, so it's not as if I was sitting there with a nekkid lady on my bicep.)

Then grandfather asks me if I have any anywhere else. :o I was oh, so very tempted to fire back with a big, bright smile, "Well, you'd have to ask IronMaidenBoy [boyfriend] that..." - but I refrained. Barely. I hope you're all proud of me for that.

Then the conversation somehow turned to smoking (oh dear), and father suddenly fires at me: "Do you smoke?" Startled, I said, "Err, yes...I'm afraid so." And the table went silent. And somebody tutted. (Bear in mind I was not sitting there smoking [you can't in public buildings here anyhow], and neither had I gone outside for a cigarette either.) 

IronMaidenBoy muttered in my ear at one point, "You look like a barrel of gunpowder with a really short fuse burning down..." Whilst I could have been more civilly assertive, I was caught on the hop a bit, and just thought "Sod it, I'll just go for staying polite and smiling" - and I bean-dipped a LOT by effusively waxing lyrical about how lovely the food was (which, to be fair, it was). Conversation was pretty stilted anyhow, so it was difficult to chat about anything. :-\

The kicker? Apparently, according to IronMaidenBoy later, they liked me. I couldn't resist muttering that I was glad he'd told me, because I wouldn't have known otherwise...

The second kicker is that my darling has two large tattoos which he has so far kept hidden from the family, and his sister smokes (which the family also don't know about). I was honourable, and did not Drop Them In The Khazi.

Oh, well. I am going to write an enthusiastic thank-you note for the meal and the Christmas present (grandmother had wrapped up what sounds, on shaking, like a box of chocolates for me, which I thought was a lovely gesture, considering I've only been seeing the boy for a month), and keep the charm turned onto gush setting. Coals of fire, and all that. >:D It is now my mission to prove to them that even brazen tattooed hussies can be polite and gracious. ;) (I didn't have the face full of metal (only by accident, as I'd taken my piercings out for a re-enactment do recently, and hadn't got round to putting them back in yet), so that'll be another nice surprise for them at some point.) ;D

[/long threadjack, sorry]

CatFanatic

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2008, 07:14:27 AM »
Wolfie, it sounds...like hard work! Bet he's worth it ;)

I'm wearing black pants, a lilac short-sleeved top, and my librarian glasses. My hair is loose and messy, and for once I have painted toenails (Rimmel something that was on sale).

Maybe only the Australian ehellions will find this funny, but anyway - bet Shane Waugh would love to get his hands on this thread!  ;D

beingkj

• Demonic kangaroos are far scarier than Drop Bears
  • I am invisible
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008, 07:19:09 AM »
White 3/4  leggings with my blue shirt dress and pink flats. It's actually quite cold for this time of year in South Australia, hence the leggings under my dress. I don't think it's going to be a very warm Christmas this year.

That would be right... the one year that we go to the river for Christmas andput the boat in the water. (Actually, I'm quite enjoying the cool weather in SA at the moment... and the insane rain last week.)

I'm wearing my 8 hole docs (which I practically live in - they're my work shoes), jeans & a black tee-shirt that reads "My imaginary friend thinks you have serious problems".
Oh no, I'm blogging!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 07:25:49 AM »
yay today i look gooooooood so i can submit a new message:

black slacks, black boots, black t shirt, turquoise linen shirt/jacket, lots of makeup.

(I had a job interview....)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »
WolfieSara, they sound like a tough crowd.  Did IronMaidenBoy at least speak up and help you out?

Because I'm still in bed, light blue long sleeve tee and white pajama pants with pastel polka dots that I actually bought at a drug store years ago, and still love.

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
Green cargo pants, a light blue thermal shirt, and my red lands end slip-ons.  Also a blue and gray zip up sweatshirt.

My usual jewelry, which is my wedding & engagement rings, my 'mother's bracelet' (silver & crystal bead bracelet with the Things' names), and two silver Celtic knotwork rings.  Also I have the silver Christmas tree necklace that DH's grandfather made for me.

It's supposed to be rather warm here today so I'm hoping to take the Things to the park after school and let them burn off some steam, even though I have 13 dozen cookies to bake :P

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 09:02:01 AM »
Right now: red jammie pants, red Christmas-themed jammie shirt, warm fuzzy robe. It's 7:00am here, and I've been up since 5:30, packaging fudge for gifts.

Sandi Papaya

• candelita
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »
A green long-sleeved Christmas tee with Comet (surrounded by stars), Cupid (surrounded by hearts) and Blitzen (martini glass in hand, surrounded by little bubbles), dark-wash indigo jeans, and my white (fake, but still sheepskin) Uggs. And it doesn't really go, but I also have on my red Disneyland pullover, because it's thick and warm, and that's all I really care about right now.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
....and now, almost ready to pop into work for a couple of hours: skinny black jeans, black ankle boots, gray sweater, little dangly snowman earrings made of fake diamonds.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 11:37:29 AM »
Rust orange long sleeve scoop neck tee (goodness, what a long description!), black dress pants, and black boots.  No makeup, no jewelry except my rings.  I had to leave early today because of the snow and ice.

This morning to walk the dog I wore: a short sleeve "The Dog" T-shirt, grey "Got Altitude?" sweatshirt, heavy black pants, wool socks, boots and appropriate outerwear.  I still froze!  The dog, however, seemed to have a great time.

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »
I am wearing black slacks, a gray sweater, gray boots, my normal jewelry and make up.

It is cold outside and I had to take DS#2 to a doctor appointment and have a few more errands to run to I wanted to be warm.