Author Topic: Stress Fest!  (Read 1365 times)

scooter2071

Stress Fest!
« on: April 06, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
A simple 'have Grandma over for dinner' has mushroomed overnight into 'feed 8 guests, and by the way, Gram is staying for the weekend'...The awkward factor will be high as this is DH's maternal grandmother, DH's uncle on Mom's side and uncle GF, teenaged cousin (which would be DH's dad's ex inlaws) + DH's dad and step mom ...whew! Off to clean the house, get guest room ready,prep for dinner... :P

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
Re: Stress Fest!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
Prayers for your sanity....and that they find a hotel next time....
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Gambitgirl

Re: Stress Fest!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 11:42:38 PM »
serenity prayer sent your way!

last weekend i worked 16 hours on Friday and Saturday then had to host 11 women at my house for a Sunday brunch book club meeting. i thought i was going to lose my mind from the stress, running around trying to clean the house at midnight and doing grocery shopping at 6am...but i settled for completely falling down from exhaustion after everyone was gone.

scooter2071

Re: Stress Fest! Update!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »
Everything went...OK. Well, Grandma got sick from something, hopefully NOT the spaghetti I made so she spent the rest of the weekend vomitting...

I also hosted Easter dinner, except I was CO-hosting w. my Mom who had to leave town at the last minute. I scrambled to rearrange the menu and rushed to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for the other dishes my Mom was in charge of. I spent about $80 more than I had budgeted for, but emergencies happen and I was determined to salvage the holiday. My stupid in-laws didn't bring the stinkin' rolls or bottle of wine they said they would (they asked if they could bring anything, I said yes. Rolls and a bottle of wine. So when they flake and belly up to the table for the dinner, nothing is noticeably missing). They did bring 2 extra, uninvited guests though. These 2 extra guests didn't have 'anywhere to go...' for a reason! They are complete jerks. Next year it will be just my little family having a nice brunch at a restaraunt!