Author Topic: gift ideas....HELP!  (Read 3852 times)

SunkissableOne

gift ideas....HELP!
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:44:10 AM »
Ehellions...I desperately need your advice.  I was invited to my boyfriends family Christmas party and I want to bring gifts for his parents whom I really really like and respect.  The problem is....what do I get them?  I've been with the bf for about a year and already made his parents a holiday wreath but I don't want to come empty handed to the Christmas party.  Thanks for your help  :)

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: gift ideas....HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:43:06 PM »
What are their interests?  If they like to travel, and  you know they have a trip coming up, maybe a guidebook?  Same with gardening, bowling, etc.

gui

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »
I'd go with a good $25 -$30 bottle of wine, a tray of cookies or a nice box of beautiful blank cards.  Good luck!
Formerly Mrs.Bart

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »
I did this for a friend's bridal shower and she LOVED it.

Go to Target.  Get a nice serving bowl (I got a pretty wooden one for @ $8.00.)  Fill it with movie candy, a bottle of wine or sparkling cider, microwave popcorn and a gift certificate to Blockbuster.  Target has some really nice fancy candy - make sure you take that and the popcorn out of the box otherwise nothing else will fit.  Comprable gift baskets online are $50 and up and IMHO weren't nearly as nice as the one I ended up making.  Including the bowl, candy, popcorn, sparkling cider and $15 gift card it was still only @ $35. 

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »
Be sure you make sure that your bf's parents can have candy/sweets before you buy them!
I'd get them each a stocking and fill it with their favorite goodies and a gift card apiece to their favorite store/restraunt.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....