News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's official: I have the best landlords EVER!  (Read 1475 times)

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
It's official: I have the best landlords EVER!
« on: December 21, 2008, 01:02:54 PM »
I moved into this apartment two months ago, and my landlords have been absolutely wonderful. They are a retired couple who live in Florida during the cold months but haven't left yet (they're going south after Christmas). I could fill pages with all the kind things they've done and little extras they've provided.

Today, however, took the cake.

I live on the second floor and have a largish porch/balcony off the bedroom; it's the "smoking lounge." (I don't smoke inside, per their request, but even if they were OK with it, I wouldn't, as this place is too nice to pollute). When I moved in, I outfitted it with the only outdoor furniture I own: a folding portable picnic table and a folding lounge chair.

In the past 10 days we've had a snow/ice storm and two snowstorms. The table and chair were frozen to the balcony floor. With all the holiday commitments I've had, plus work, I haven't had time to deal with the snow/ice buildup out there. That was going to be this afternoon's project.

I came home and found they had removed the furniture, cleared the balcony of snow and ice and put down rock salt.

All of us who rent have had landlord horror stories. These folks really are a breath of fresh air. They will be getting a share of my holiday baking, for sure!
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

lovinAZ

Re: It's official: I have the best landlords EVER!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
How sweet!

The landlord I had before I moved to AZ was a sweetheart like that.  On the day that I moved out to drive cross country, he helped BF and I pack the car, get the bike/bike rack on (which took close to 4 hours - long story), and gave me $50 for my travels.

Here's to nice landlords!   :D

wyozozo

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
That was a nice thing to do, but is there access to the porch from the outside? I would be bothered if they did this but had to go into my house while I was out in order to clear it off.

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »
They did have to come into the apartment to get to the balcony, but I'm OK with that. Gives me -- who is nowhere close to being in the running for Housekeeper of the Year -- an incentive to keep the place tidy, knowing that they may want to come in to fix this, replace that. I work full time and have lots of "extracurriculars," so I'm away a lot, and it's not always feasible to ask me beforehand if they need to commit a random act of kindness -- or maintenance. If I'm around, they do ask first.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

wyozozo

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
I'm glad it works for you...it wouldn't work for me. I'm not even sure my landlord has a key to my house!! (and I like it that way)