Author Topic: Ummm I'm a thinking NO  (Read 3478 times)

Lynda_34

Ummm I'm a thinking NO
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
I"ve not written about this co irker but thought you might like to hear how I recently handled her.

She is difficult, has a way of catching you off guard and if you're not planning on doing something she badgers you about it,and if you don't do it you end up looking like the bad guy.

Just the incident, no background.
We are both teachers, last week I had a class party in my room and it took my students, with me helping, almost 45 minutes to clean up after it. (in the student's defense the room wasn't trashed but there was a lot of empty food dishes, chairs and stuff left around)

Today the party is in her room, different groups of students, as we are standing near the buffet area she turns to me and says, "When your students clean up make sure they do (something.)"

First of all it is her room, she can clean up, I cleaned last week without her help in my room, why are you delegating to me.
I just looked at her, said, "Ummm," and moved away.

My students and I made ourselves scarce and she was left to take care of her own mess. It felt really good.  I don't mind helping but this woman is never around when there is work to be done.

So thank you e hellions, I may not have developed a backbone but I'm learning how to not get hooked into stuff.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Ummm I'm a thinking NO
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:13 PM »
Sounds like your backbone is just fine.  :)

BittyB

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Ha!  All you have to do now is exchange "Ummm" for "No, thank you" when you walk away.   :D

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
Or "I thought we cleaned up our own rooms. That is what I did last time. See you later."

susantoyota

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
Is there a confetti throwing icon? Good job, OP!!!