Author Topic: Speaking of gross food.  (Read 4870 times)

Arianoor

Re: Speaking of gross food.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »
I'd like to thank you all for exposing a little bit of my own rudeness. 

I have an extremely broad palate, my father traveled a great deal and I was served a wide variety of food from day one.  (An aside, this did nothing for my sister though, she lives on plain chicken and oatmeal to this day.)  I LOVE to try new foods and there are very few things I can't stand.  I am one of those people who suggests that others try new things.  I'm not really pushy about it, but I realize after reading ya'll posts that I probably come across as unpardonably rude.

Sorry and thank you!

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 01:20:03 PM »
  I am one of those people who suggests that others try new things.  I'm not really pushy about it, but I realize after reading ya'll posts that I probably come across as unpardonably rude.

Just don't be super pushy or make an issue out of it and you'll be OK!

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »
Oh Kena,  I wish I had had your strength in my youth!  I got dragged to an Indian restaurant to 'broaden my palate' and learned that I'm allergic to curry.  The aroma of the food was definitely unpleasant to me and my eyes were watering and blood shot.  The restaurant host took pity on me and quickly got us water and bread.  The bread reacted worse than the aroma and, after a speedy visit to the ladies room, I skipped the meal and was sent home from work for the rest of the day.
Formerly Mrs.Bart