Author Topic: Next time im going to say it  (Read 2616 times)

nina09

Next time im going to say it
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:39:25 PM »
I don't know why but since I started d@ting my FH everyone ask me question about finances and business.  A couple of weeks ago a coworker M ask me how was my FH business was doing in this economy and I told them that everyone was being affected by it  . The Monday after Christmas everyone was telling each other what they got and showing pictures ,it was my turn and I told them that I got some jewelry since I collect it . M started giving me a lecture on how stupid and selfish was of my FH to get me another engagement ring when the economy is so bad. I responded by joking that we are helping the economy and just started talking to my other coworker. He would not leave it alone he keep making comment about my FH on how irresponsible it was of him to spend so much money . It came to the point where I told him that our finances are OK , when I say that he got angry and kept talking about it. I finally just snap and told him instead of thinking so much about my Fh finances he should think about how he is going to paid his credit card debt. He is always talking about how much the things I have cost and how I can afford them.

I dont mind telling people it they ask me where I got that handbag or something I tell them where I got it and if they need help finding any item they can ask me for help (I love going to auctions and I love consignment stores) but I don't tell them the price because I know how judgemental people can get when it comes to money. This  person tells everyone how much he owes and how much he spends. I think that I have my corner in etiquette hell for saying what I said but he got on my last nerve and I think someone needed to tell him to stop talking about peoples finances . Next time I'm going to  say " What an interesting assumption " until I loose my voice. What else can I do  to get him to stop ??
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:22:04 PM by nina09 »

Redhead

Re: Next time im going to say it
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:16:27 AM »
I think I would probably go with an ice cold "Thank you for your concern but my/our finances are not up for discussion ".  Repeat as necessary.

I would also probably stop discussing any sort of purchases with this guy.

nina09

Re: Next time im going to say it
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
I think I would probably go with an ice cold "Thank you for your concern but my/our finances are not up for discussion ".  Repeat as necessary.

I would also probably stop discussing any sort of purchases with this guy.

I had never talked whit him about my purchase but he always include himself in other people conversation thats why he knows about it ,