Author Topic: My Boss Is The Greatest!  (Read 1730 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
My Boss Is The Greatest!
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:10:43 PM »
And he's working double duty as Dr. Doolittle.  Last Thursday night a cat had kittens on his doorstep.  The details aren't clear, but his dogs apparently chased Mama Cat off, never to return, leaving 4 newborn kittens.  2 of them died that night.  Even though Nice Boss's wife left for a month starting Friday, Nice Boss is caring for the 2 remaining kittens.  They have to be fed every 6 hours.  They are here in the office (in a cardboard box) so he can care for them.  I could hear them mewling at lunch time, so I checked his cubby.  There he was, sitting cross legged on the floor, wiping the poop off their little butts.  He's such a good substitute mother cat.

BTW - He treats us humans kindly, too  :D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
Re: My Boss Is The Greatest!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
Oh my goodness, how kind. I wish I worked there and could assist with the kitten-rearing!

We collect the empty printer-paper boxes at work to give to a colleague who takes them to the local hedgehog rescue society [apparently they make excellent shelters/transporters], but...it's just not the same as a bundle of furry kittens RIGHT THERE IN THE OFFICE! :D

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 11:18:54 PM »
Oh my! What a wonderful story!  That gave me all warm fuzzies!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
Oh my goodness, how kind. I wish I worked there and could assist with the kitten-rearing!
He won't let anyone help.  Those kitties are going to bond to him!  He loves his dogs, but he says they will learn to accept the kittens.

just not the same as a bundle of furry kittens RIGHT THERE IN THE OFFICE! :D
It is great!  Especially to hear them mewling softly during their meals  :)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but despite my boss's best efforts, the kittens died.  :'(
One died last Saturday & the other died last night.

Marcus Aurelius

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:25:35 PM »
Oh...  :'( Midnight I am so sorry to hear that. I just now saw this thread for the first time. Even though the ending to the story is not ideal, my heart is warmed that your boss is so thoughtful and caring.

Please accept and share my condolences for the losses.
I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »
Oh...  :'( Midnight I am so sorry to hear that. I just now saw this thread for the first time. Even though the ending to the story is not ideal, my heart is warmed that your boss is so thoughtful and caring.

Please accept and share my condolences for the losses.

Thank Fireweed.  He cares for his team as well as he does his animal family.  He sought advice from cat rescuers, but the odds were against the kittens from the first night they were abandoned by their mother.  2 of the 4 died before they were 12 hours old.  He did everything anyone could for them, even force feeding every 4 hours 'round the clock with an eye dropper.  After one died last Saturday, he would hold the last remaining kitten on his little pot belly while he worked on the computer so it could feel his heartbeat.

My husband said the only one to blame is the owner who didn't have their cat spayed and let her roam outside because then she wouldn't have given birth in my boss's back yard and gotten herself chased off by his dogs.

Marcus Aurelius