Author Topic: When you get bean dipped yourself  (Read 3407 times)

Raintree

• Super Hero!
When you get bean dipped yourself
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
The "explaining bean dip" thread reminded me of this.

How do you handle it when someone bean dips you, but it IS actually a topic that needs to be talked about, or is relevant to you, or you genuinely want to call someone on their behaviour?

For example, if you want to discuss an important relationship issue with your significant other, or call someone on a snarky comment that was totally uncalled for, or let someone know something they said hurt you?  And the only response you can get out of them is a bean-dip answer?

What's an e-hell approved way of saying, "No, you can't get away with bean-dipping me; I want to discuss this."

One Goat to Rule Them All

Re: When you get bean dipped yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »
"Please don't change the subject, It's important to me that we discuss this."

gibsongirl

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »
"Please don't change the subject, It's important to me that we discuss this."

Pod.

lucy_in_the_sky

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:45:02 AM »
Hi! Newbie. Just throwing it out there.

And I'd reply with "I have tried the bean dip, actually, and its delicious! To return to my original point..."

And all variations therein. I'm compulsively winding up with bean dip on my face, not because I'm an overly rude person, but because the circle of people I "run" with don't like "drama." The result? Even when there's something important that needs addressing, anyone who brings it up has to spend four hours cleaning hypothetical bean dip off the walls.

Am I the only one with an evil snarkmonster inside, who makes appearances just in time to be cast into eHell?

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:44:42 AM »
Even when there's something important that needs addressing, anyone who brings it up has to spend four hours cleaning hypothetical bean dip off the walls.

LOL!!!

Yeah, I suppose an appropriate spinoff of this subject is people who say, "I don't want to argue with you."  And then turn away as though the case is closed. Translation: "I *am* going to get my way!"

So you feel it should be done this way, and he/she thinks it should be done that way. Or you want to do this, but he/she wants to do that. And finally they say, "Look. I am not going to argue about this."  Meaning case closed, it's my way or the highway and don't you dare say another word about it, even if it DOES affect you.