Author Topic: Go Mom!  (Read 3468 times)

CakeBeret

Go Mom!
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
My dear Toxic Sister has a 7yo son. Our mother graciously takes care of him, for free, when she can on school holidays and such. This, of course, has lead to extreme levels of entitlement from Toxic Sister. Note: Toxic Sis refuses to hire a babysitter or nanny to care for AngelBoy because "He's my responsibility and no one else's" and also because "I simply cannot trust anyone else to care for my child". The real reason, of course, is that she is too cheap and too controlling to allow any non-family member to watch her son.

This summer, Mother wants to take a month-long road trip with her hubby. She told Toxic Sister this far in advance, so that she would have plenty of time to find other arrangements. The following conversation ensued, in all its ironic hilarity:

MOM: We'll be leaving X date and coming back Y date.
TS: Well, you'll just have to take AngelBoy with you, then.
MOM: No. This trip is for Hubby and I. You will need to make other arrangements for AngelBoy.
TS: BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT! AngelBoy is YOUR responsibility in the summer, NOT MINE!
SHATZIE: [barely-contained laughter at the hypocrisy and the sheer nerve of her]
MOM: He is your son and therefore your responsibility. Find other arrangements.
TS: You can't do this to me. I need you.
MOM: No. You will need to find other arrangements.
TS: FINE! I'll just TAKE A LEAVE OF ABSENCE from my JOB and PUT MY FAMILY IN FINANCIAL DANGER. **flounce**
SHATZIE: [leaving the room to go laugh]

"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Re: Go Mom!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »
{FLOUNCE}

SHATZIE!!! (yes I am yelling).  What is your problem?!  I cannot BELIEVE that you didnt IMMEDIATELY offer to host Angelboy (afterall he is an *ANGEL*) and pay for all of his expenses plus get him some piano lessons for the month!!  :o 

Hmph.  What is this site good for if not to teach you your role in life?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  :P
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 01:05:29 PM »
Shatzie, you do know that you now have to drop off a case of Coke at your mom's place, right?

She earned it. ;)

((PS, are you freaking out like I am? 6 weeks is too soon!))
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

CakeBeret

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Shatzie, you do know that you now have to drop off a case of Coke at your mom's place, right?

She earned it. ;)

((PS, are you freaking out like I am? 6 weeks is too soon!))

Caffeine free Mountain Dew for her, actually. ;)

And I thought I would be freaking out but I'm not. Mostly just excited.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
{FLOUNCE}

SHATZIE!!! (yes I am yelling).  What is your problem?!  I cannot BELIEVE that you didnt IMMEDIATELY offer to host Angelboy (afterall he is an *ANGEL*) and pay for all of his expenses plus get him some piano lessons for the month!!  :o 

piano lessons only?  boy are YOU ever thinking cheap here!!!  shatzie should be buying him a Steinway Grand Piano!!!!!

CakeBeret

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
{FLOUNCE}

piano lessons only?  boy are YOU ever thinking cheap here!!!  shatzie should be buying him a Steinway Grand Piano!!!!!

And a house big enough to FIT a grand piano in. And it would naturally have to come with lifetime piano lessons, because how will AngelBoy ever become a nationally renowned virtuoso if his mediocre Auntie doesn't promise to devote all her time and energy to teaching him? And of course the house would need to come with biweekly maid service, paid for, of course, by yours truly.

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »

And a house big enough to FIT a grand piano in. And it would naturally have to come with lifetime piano lessons, because how will AngelBoy ever become a nationally renowned virtuoso if his mediocre Auntie doesn't promise to devote all her time and energy to teaching him? And of course the house would need to come with biweekly maid service, paid for, of course, by yours truly.

see, shatzie, now you're getting in the spirit!  oh, and i'm really proud of your mom for standing up for herself.