Author Topic: Angels really do exist  (Read 1868 times)

Lexophile

Angels really do exist
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »
I am on the eve of the scariest medical diagnostic "adventure" I have ever undertaken. The doctor told me I had to have someone there to drive me home because I'm going to be under sedation. DH is out of town. Parents live in another state. I was going to have to have a taxi take me home. I told my dear friend (and supervisor) Maggie about my dilemma and she immediately sent an email to her boss saying she had to take one of her floating holidays to take care of some personal business. She then called me back and told me I didn't have a problem anymore. I asked her if she could really be off on the same day and she said, "Watch me."

This may seem like a little thing to most people, but I have never had a friend, much less a supervisor, who would take an entire floating holiday to cart my carcass around town when we only get two per calendar year!
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Angels really do exist
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »
Wow!  I wouldn't only call her a supervisor, but also a friend!

Good luck tomorrow!  I'm sure everything will be fine.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:37:39 PM »
Checking in with you Redleo12. How are you doing today?  Did everything go ok?

Sending you my hugs today.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:37:23 PM »
Saw you in the forums, so I wanted to bump this up for you.  Are you ok?

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:44:03 PM »
Red, you there?

Lexophile

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:35:36 PM »
Hi, DottyG.

Yes, I'm doing alright. Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for asking. I don't have any idea why, but I'm a little depressed today. I have no reason to be - everything checked out fine and I'm moving on with life - I'm lonely I guess.

But there's no lymphoma - woo hoo! Thanks so much for thinking o fme. It means the world to me right now.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim