Author Topic: I got to use it today!  (Read 2881 times)

CakeBeret

I got to use it today!
« on: January 23, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »
I was chatting with Toxic Dad and Toxic Sis this afternoon, and I asked how Nice Cousin and her baby are doing.

TD: Well, the baby swallowed a penny; it got stuck in her throat and she had to be life-flighted to XYZ hospital.
ME: How awful! The poor baby, and it must have been terrifying for Nice Cousin!
TS: Nice Cousin sounds like a horrible mother. She must not take care of the baby at all.
ME: What an interesting assumption, TS.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

MaggieB

Re: I got to use it today!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »
 ::)  If everyone whose child had an accident was a bad parent there would be no good parents on the planet.  Silly, silly people.

Excellent example of when to use this phrase, though!

Shortcake

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »
Good use of the phrase!
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »
::)  If everyone whose child had an accident was a bad parent there would be no good parents on the planet.  Silly, silly people.

Excellent example of when to use this phrase, though!

POD my parents were fantastic parents

My Sister
Grade school - HS
Broke her wrist (Friend's house)
Knocked out a tooth (down the street)
Got a concussion being smacked in the head by a neighbor by with a Croquet mallet (our front yard)
Dislocated her knee (Soccer game)
Sprained her knee (Track meet)

University
Broke the other wrist

Adult
broke her leg
Broke her foot
Broke both knees
Fell down the stairs to a beach house walked away with a technocolor face and upper torso but no broken bones.

So as a kid we got why don't your parents protect your sister. Now she get accusations her DH beats her. (Note for 3 of the 4 accidents they were in different states. The 4th one she was on one mountain and he another skiing).

I have a couple of cousins with similar records. Hockey, rugby, baseball, football, soccer and a family full of people who participate tends to be a rough and tumble group. I'm the least athletic and I have a 2 -3" scar on my thigh from an encounter with barbed wire. Honestly my parents were more upset about that than sis's broken bones - because I didn't tell them. A week after it happened sis told them because it was infected. I wasn't hiding it - just didn't occur to me that it could be serious.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

GoldenGemini

• One of these days, Alice....
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
I was a tomboy as a child, and even now, I rarely have a day where there is no bruise or other trauma to my body. 

My niece (poor child) takes after me.  My sister has had Child Welfare called on her.  They turned up, walked into the lounge room, at which point Niece launched herself off the lounge into the air (accidentally), smacked into the wall and slid down.  Gets up and climbs back on the lounge again.  Child Welfare says "oh, well, we're done here!"

Consistency
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup   - Demotivators(R)

Shiraz_Much?

• formerly celtic1973
  • Good wine is a necessity of life for me -Jefferson
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:04:56 AM »
I was a tomboy as a child, and even now, I rarely have a day where there is no bruise or other trauma to my body. 

My niece (poor child) takes after me.  My sister has had Child Welfare called on her.  They turned up, walked into the lounge room, at which point Niece launched herself off the lounge into the air (accidentally), smacked into the wall and slid down.  Gets up and climbs back on the lounge again.  Child Welfare says "oh, well, we're done here!"
I'm sorry, but I totally cracked up at this story.  My ODD is the same way!  I swear she trips over air all the time!!! LOL!  Her poor legs are so bruised up...I get nervous that people might mistake them for abuse or something.  But, she's active and hey...it happens.

New York
My soul is adrift in oceans of madness - Disturbed

Wine is sunlight, held together by water! - Galileo Gallilei

Minmom3

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »

[/b][/size]

I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY funny Child Welfare story I've ever heard! 
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:17 AM »
i admit that im a wonderful mother   ;D

but  even kiddies that cant move end up with bruises.  bub pushed the back of the couch with her foot one day when she was laying on her back.

she ended up pushing herself right of the couch, landing on her head, feet in the air for half a sec  and then over

i was in tears and she was snorting with laughter

other times  shes leant forward a bit much and fallen off the car seat in the lounge

i have no idea where she gets the clumsiness from  ::)

im another who can trip over fresh air.