Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 390854 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2625 on: October 12, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »
Ohjustlovely, your experiences sound a lot like what I experienced when I first moved into my house, which is an old Victorian and I'm quite sure it's haunted.  At first it was small stuff but then it escalated to being more and more noticeable, though still not dangerous or aggressive.  I didn't feel threatened but I admit it was weird and sometimes startling, like the time I came home from work and found the kitchen garbage all bagged up and sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor.

I started to talk to the spirit, who we call George.  I told him he was welcome to stay and I appreciated his hints and "help" but if he scared or threatened anyone in the house, I could and would see to it that he was evicted.

He is still around, and these days apparently quite active (what with all the touches and pokes and hair tugs) but still not threatening.  It's sometimes like having a very quiet room mate.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2626 on: October 12, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »
I've held off on posting this stuff for many reasons, but I feel like it's time now to talk about it.

The night I found out my mom died, I was up in my room, trying to fall asleep, but I would start thinking about Mom and start crying all over again. Finally, I cried out, in grief and pain, "I need you, Mommy!" I haven't called my mom that since I was about six years old, but I felt as helpless and alone as a six year old right then.

I laid down and sobbed, and - I promise this is true - I heard come from the other room (my parents' bedroom) my mom's voice saying, "It's all okay...It's all okay...It's all okay," and I felt a warm hand rub my back.

Ever since then, I've known that Mom's here in the house, and she's made her presence known many times - mostly by opening my bedroom door when I know I closed it tight. In fact, I just looked over at my door right now, and it's cracked...again.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2627 on: October 12, 2014, 04:59:26 PM »
(((hugs)))
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2628 on: October 12, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
Ohjustlovely, your experiences sound a lot like what I experienced when I first moved into my house, which is an old Victorian and I'm quite sure it's haunted.  At first it was small stuff but then it escalated to being more and more noticeable, though still not dangerous or aggressive.  I didn't feel threatened but I admit it was weird and sometimes startling, like the time I came home from work and found the kitchen garbage all bagged up and sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor.

I started to talk to the spirit, who we call George.  I told him he was welcome to stay and I appreciated his hints and "help" but if he scared or threatened anyone in the house, I could and would see to it that he was evicted.

He is still around, and these days apparently quite active (what with all the touches and pokes and hair tugs) but still not threatening.  It's sometimes like having a very quiet room mate.

Did you move into my family's old house? :o We are convinced it's haunted although our garbage was never bagged up. The rest sounds the same tough; little things that build up through the years (for example, a cassette tape by a singer keep disappearing. We would buy new ones and that would disappear too. Other tapes by that singer is safe, it just that one). We also called our ghost George.

eta: Oh, I just noticed your house is a Victorian. Ours was not.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:36:33 PM by rose red »

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2629 on: October 12, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
For those of you that state you are recently getting more active activity, Samhain is approaching. The veil is getting thinner. Much easier for spirits to poke and move things around this time of year.

Just the other day, I heard a conversation between two spirits. Most of it I didn't catch, but I did hear very clearly  "Yes, that is her.".   It was very early in the morning (maybe 5:30 or so), I do not have particularly close neighbors, and there was no TV or computer on yet.

Violinp, I'm actually very surprised that your mother made her presence known to you.   It can be very difficult task for a new spirit. First because there is a learning curve. Second, it is extremely difficult to get a person who is grieving to hear you. I wouldn't be surprised at all  if she had her own psychic talents in life and at least some of it was passed down to you. (((Hugs))) to you and your sister.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

dqduck

« Reply #2630 on: October 12, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
I'm curious about people saying that the veil is getting thinner and more activity happening during this time of year as it gets closer to Samhain. How come nobody here has the same experiences during the Hungry Ghost Month (7th month of the Lunar calendar, usually about July or August)? According to Chinese tradition, it's when the spirits of the dead are free to roam.

Jocelyn

« Reply #2631 on: October 12, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
I'm curious about people saying that the veil is getting thinner and more activity happening during this time of year as it gets closer to Samhain. How come nobody here has the same experiences during the Hungry Ghost Month (7th month of the Lunar calendar, usually about July or August)? According to Chinese tradition, it's when the spirits of the dead are free to roam.
Hmm...I wonder if it depends upon the ghost's personal beliefs? That Anglo ghosts walk at Samhain, and Chinese ghosts walk during the Hungry Ghost month?

Jones

« Reply #2632 on: October 12, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »
I hadn't heard of Hungry Ghost Month, but that explains a lot, my experiences have always been in the summer. Autumn marks a quieting down. I'm a summer birth, though, so I'd always chalked it up to a zodiac/star thing.

Kaymyth

« Reply #2633 on: October 12, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
Belief is power.  In order to will something, you have to first believe that it'll work.  That's why so many magickal practices are tied up in faith; it's not that it's absolutely necessary, but it does make things easier.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2634 on: October 12, 2014, 11:51:23 PM »

Violinp, I'm actually very surprised that your mother made her presence known to you.   It can be very difficult task for a new spirit. First because there is a learning curve. Second, it is extremely difficult to get a person who is grieving to hear you. I wouldn't be surprised at all  if she had her own psychic talents in life and at least some of it was passed down to you. (((Hugs))) to you and your sister.

Actually, Dad and his family were the ones who had/have "The Sight" and passed it on to me and Cabbage - Mom only had two paranormal experiences in her life. I think we three - Dad, Cabbage, and I - are so in tune with that stuff that we could sense her presence in the house more easily, and it became more noticeable once her body came back to OurTown.

However, I think there was more to her than even she knew. Our dad sees auras - gray for spiritual torment or death, blue for most people, and gold for the people who are closest to God. As long as Dad knew Mom, he saw a gold aura on her. We had a malevolent spirit that liked to hang out over her favorite chair in the parlor, and I asked her often, "Aren't you scared?" and she said, "No." The malevolent spirit was gone once Mom's body came back, and it hasn't been back since. Even in death, she's still protecting us.  :'(
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

booklover03

« Reply #2635 on: October 13, 2014, 01:39:26 AM »
This isn't really an experience or anything, but something my friend told me this year. My father died when I was 20. I got married when I was 22, so obviously my dad wasn't at my wedding to walk me down the aisle. On my wedding day, I got up before every one and just had some time to myself and I started thinking about my dad. I asked God that I knew he couldn't be there, but could he at least watch from heaven. I never told anyone this until this past April I was visiting my sister and my oldest friend came to have dinner with me. She has always seen things and when I told her about my conversation with God, she grabbed my hand and told me that my dad was at my wedding. He was walking with me and my brother down the aisle and when we got to where dh was, dad leaned over, gave dh a kiss on the cheek and said he approved. We were both crying (in the middle of a restaurant) at this point and I had goosebumps. I asked her why she never told me, but she just said until I told her about this, she knew I wasn't ready to hear it. She told me dad stops in every now and then to check up on things. I didn't tell my family, because they are not people who believe in this stuff at all, but I told my dh. He said you never know, but it's good to know my dad approved  :). I don't know if I really believe it either, but I really want to because it makes me feel better.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2636 on: October 13, 2014, 04:17:18 AM »
This isn't really an experience or anything, but something my friend told me this year. My father died when I was 20. I got married when I was 22, so obviously my dad wasn't at my wedding to walk me down the aisle. On my wedding day, I got up before every one and just had some time to myself and I started thinking about my dad. I asked God that I knew he couldn't be there, but could he at least watch from heaven. I never told anyone this until this past April I was visiting my sister and my oldest friend came to have dinner with me. She has always seen things and when I told her about my conversation with God, she grabbed my hand and told me that my dad was at my wedding. He was walking with me and my brother down the aisle and when we got to where dh was, dad leaned over, gave dh a kiss on the cheek and said he approved. We were both crying (in the middle of a restaurant) at this point and I had goosebumps. I asked her why she never told me, but she just said until I told her about this, she knew I wasn't ready to hear it. She told me dad stops in every now and then to check up on things. I didn't tell my family, because they are not people who believe in this stuff at all, but I told my dh. He said you never know, but it's good to know my dad approved  :). I don't know if I really believe it either, but I really want to because it makes me feel better.

That's really interesting! I'm sure your dad would have tried his best to be there.

It reminds me of when my cousin got married. She lives in another country now, so we weren't at the wedding. Her dad was telling us about it, and one thing he mentioned was a small table at the reception with a candle and some flowers (I think?) as a memorial for her sister, who was born disabled and died very young.

The minute he said that, I had a really strong image of her sister pop into my head. She was near the back of the reception hall watching the festivities - not as she would have been if she had lived, weak and in a wheelchair, but standing tall as she would have been if she was healthy and strong. She had a lovely pink dress and looked so gorgeous and so happy for Cousin. It was weird to me because I have never tried to imagine what she would have looked like as an adult, but once I had that image pop into my head it was "Yeah, that's her.".
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #2637 on: Yesterday at 07:37:27 AM »
There's a nice big collection of first hand spooky ghost stories (just in time for Halloween). I got goosebumps a couple of times.

http://jezebel.com/its-time-for-our-annual-spooky-stories-contest-1650403691/all

If you scroll down, it will autoload more comments at the bottom of the page.
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)