News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 26, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Annual Guatemala book drive  (Read 2275 times)

Mustard

Annual Guatemala book drive
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:18:11 AM »
How is the book drive going?  I'd like to hear an update if possible on such a worthwhile project.

ETA: my apologies; I have inadvertently posted this in the wrong part of the forum so have reported myself to a moderator..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:56:33 AM by Mustard »

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
Re: Annual Guatemala book drive
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:15 AM »
How is the book drive going?  I'd like to hear an update if possible on such a worthwhile project.

How is this etiquette related? You might want to move this thread to the Coffee Break folder before it gets locked.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 06:56:19 AM »
Wasn't this something the Ehelldame was organizing?  I doubt it would get locked.

kckgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:02:39 AM »
It's listed at the top of the page: News:[IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder

The OP probably didn't remember which folder to use to ask about it.
Maryland

Mustard

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »
Grovelling apologies MariaE; I thought I had put it in the Coffee break folder!  How do I move it?

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »
Wasn't this something the Ehelldame was organizing?  I doubt it would get locked.

Ah! I had missed that. You're right - she probably wouldn't lock it then, but just move it :)

Grovelling apologies MariaE; I thought I had put it in the Coffee break folder!  How do I move it?
No grovelling necessary :) I'd missed the fact that it was something EDame was organizing which makes it rather less random than I originally thought :) I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can move it by editing the very first post. I've never done it myself though, so I might be mistaken and it's something only mods can do.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:51 AM »
You used to be able to move your own thread; I'm not sure that is still the case as I haven't had to do it in a long time.

Go to the first post in your thread and press 'Edit'.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.  If it is still there, there used to be a 'Move Thread' button in the bottom left hand corner.  Click that button and it allows you to move your thread to a different folder.

ETA:  I was wrong!  You don't have to click 'Modify' on the first post.  You just scroll all the way down on your own thread and the button will be there.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:50:18 AM by Outdoor Girl »
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Mustard

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »
Thank you!