News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 30, 2016, 12:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 1430702 times)

gramma dishes

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #5925 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
^^^ Are we allowed too name name-brands here?  If we can't, could you please PM me with that information?  I have a reason for wanting to know.

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
« Reply #5926 on: Yesterday at 02:39:57 AM »
Who knew that the Indonesian Central Bank

a) worked in US dollars
b) employed a gentleman with a Nigerian sounding family name
c) had a hotmail account.

The things one can learn on the internet.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5927 on: Yesterday at 08:54:06 AM »
I have gotten two automated calls this week from someone wanting to reduce my credit card debt to zero. 

WOW! 

That just sounds like an offer I can't refuse so I keep holding until a human comes on the line.

Both times when I told them I do not own either a VISA or MASTERCARD but want to lower my "store card" balance they have hung up on me. That is not eHell approved, I shall tell them that next time they call.   

I don't have any credit card debt but I do like jerking their chains now and again and it possibly saves a future victim by wasting the scammers time, like they do mine.

scotcat60

« Reply #5928 on: Yesterday at 09:36:39 AM »
A scammer told me recently that every time I turned on my computer, it was sending out a virus. Out of all the thousands of computers in South East London, I wonder how he knew that (Not!)

Mustard

« Reply #5929 on: Yesterday at 09:45:54 AM »
This morning I was told that the phone company was sending a technician round as otherwise my internet connection would 'have' to be turned off for a month while the issue was sorted out.  I guess they haven't got round to pulling the plug yet..

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #5930 on: Yesterday at 10:38:49 AM »
The tax return scam robocalls are now warning me that the Australian Tax Office is filing a lawsuit against me. Because our tax return is wrong... you know, the one we haven't filed yet.  ::)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #5931 on: Yesterday at 10:56:35 AM »
The local gas & electric company is contacting the media in this area to get the word out on the latest twist on "your power will be turned off unless you pay up immediately." Instead of asking for a credit card or a gift card, the calller informs you that they will send someone to your house to collect cash in person.

The credit card debt people called me yesterday. The robocaller said that they have been monitoring my credit card for 6 months now and if I still owe more than $10,000, they can help.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:58:25 AM by nutraxfornerves »

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data