News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 12, 2016, 12:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 721154 times)

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #8175 on: Yesterday at 04:27:24 PM »
Leftover duck and some freshly cooked asparagus.

Stupid question. Never had duck, and probably never will. Does it taste gamey?

Nope. Tastes delicious. It's a bit stronger than chicken or turkey so it can stand up well to strong sauces.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #8176 on: Yesterday at 07:43:38 PM »
OOOH invite me, invite me.  Duck is wonderful, I would eat it any day of the week, in fact I would eat it everyday of the week.  Farmed duck is not gamey at all and wild duck in the duck hunting season - If you are lucky enough to get it, coming as I do from a long line of really bad shooters*, is more strongly flavoured but not gamey.  At the moment we are in the middle of the cherry season and a cold duck salad made with cherries is just divine, in fact I might just have some for dinner.

p.s. I mean really inaccurate shooters