News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 01, 2015, 09:43:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1523141 times)

HorseFreak

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #7290 on: August 18, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
There's a local pizza chain that I won't be frequenting again any time soon. One location is just GROSS, greasy and the pizza is pretty bleh. Another location had three children (approximately 3, 5 and 7) belonging to an employee running around, fighting and shrieking the last two times I went. The room is small and echo-y and the server who brings your food out looked annoyed I was switching tables away from them when she brought my lunch. I ate very quickly and ran out.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7291 on: August 19, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
My mechanic is awesome. He never tries to get me to do any repairs that aren't absolutely necessary and will always tell me what needs to be done now, and what can wait. I just took it in for an oil change and he told me I need two new tires before it snows, fine, and my brakes are just beginning to shudder, so a couple more oil changes. And its annoying but not dangerous.

that being said, I also have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done when, at what mileage i need a "big" service, and so on. So i'm not completely in the dark.

Aren't good mechanics like that the best?  My mechanic discouraged us from doing some work on our car that isn't necessary because the cost just wasn't worth it, and by the time it truly becomes a problem it will be so far down the road we'll be needing to get a new car anyway.  He said if our car was 10 years older, it would be a different story but the newer cars just don't last as long without pouring an insane amount of money into them, so instead we should put the money aside and let it earn interest to use it as a down payment on a new car eventually.

Yes! Which is hwy no one else will touch my car! my mom is moving back to my state in a couple of months, and she has always taken her car to the dealer. She knows she may pay a bit more, but she's always been very lucky. She's also pretty saavy, so won't get taken advantage of!

But when she moves, there isn't a dealer close by, so we've decided she will take her car to my guy. it will be a bit complicated; i'll have to drive to her, leave mine, take hers, and bring it to him, then repeat. But mom is 80, so perhaps won't be driving all that much longer, so it will work out.

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #7292 on: August 19, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
The Staples by my office. At least for tech things. My laptop gave up the ghost (motherboard went), so I took it in today to get the data transferred to an external drive. Dropped it off at 8:30, they called me at 3, I got the hard drive at 5. Got home, quarter after six, plugged the drive into my new laptop. . . and it's empty.  >:( Called Staples, talked to the tech that did  the work. "Oh, I saw an error when I was transferring the data. I guess I should have checked. If you bring it right back, I still have the data."  >:( >:( Told him I'd be there at 8:30 am. But seriously!!

MissRose

« Reply #7293 on: August 24, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »
She's been my sister for nearly 40 years.  I know better than to get on her bad side.  Trust me.  They're lucky it's just deer guts.

I think I love your Sis.

I would say the same about my sister.  She doesn't take crud from anyone and must have inherited some of my mother's big mouth!  I know that I should not say certain things to her even if my mother thinks I should!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #7294 on: August 24, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
Sounds like my sister.  My sister is 59, and almost died of cancer in 2002.  As a result she feels that life is way too short to put up with nonsense.  Plus, she's got a personality just like my late mother's, and no one messed with my mother.  As a result of these factors my sister is a force of nature, but I've found the best way to keep her from being too overbearing and rolling right over me is being blunt with her.  So I'm blunt, she's a force of nature, and we get along just fine.

MissRose

« Reply #7295 on: August 30, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
Olive Garden has new sandwiches on a giant bread stick bun. We wanted to try it.

We went to Olive Garden, we were seated. I looked at the menus to realize they were dinner menus, with no mention of the sandwiches. I asked for lunch menus and was told they don't offer the lunch menus on the weekend. They don't make the food on the lunch menus on the weekend, aside from the standard pasta, soup, salad, etc.

We left.

Wait, lunch is a weekday-only meal? Is this the latest diet fad?

A local restaurant famous for large portions by me is willing to serve breakfast items at lunch or dinner time (and most items from lunch/dinner menu can be done at breakfast or for take out before lunch time starts - you just have to ask).    Not sure why some places won't serve lunch menu items at dinner time.  My dad likes that if he is craving an omelet with hashbrowns or a traditional eggs/meat/toast/potatoes breakfast at 5pm, he will be able to order it!

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #7296 on: August 30, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »
Olive Garden has new sandwiches on a giant bread stick bun. We wanted to try it.

We went to Olive Garden, we were seated. I looked at the menus to realize they were dinner menus, with no mention of the sandwiches. I asked for lunch menus and was told they don't offer the lunch menus on the weekend. They don't make the food on the lunch menus on the weekend, aside from the standard pasta, soup, salad, etc.

We left.

Wait, lunch is a weekday-only meal? Is this the latest diet fad?

A local restaurant famous for large portions by me is willing to serve breakfast items at lunch or dinner time (and most items from lunch/dinner menu can be done at breakfast or for take out before lunch time starts - you just have to ask).    Not sure why some places won't serve lunch menu items at dinner time.  My dad likes that if he is craving an omelet with hashbrowns or a traditional eggs/meat/toast/potatoes breakfast at 5pm, he will be able to order it!

Because if they offer a "lunch portion" and a "dinner portion" concurrently, a chunk of people are going to order that lunch portion.  They'll want to pay $3-$5 less for what's really just $1 less of food - all the other costs (cook, server, electricity, overhead, building maintenance, etc.) are the same.  The only reason lunch prices are cheaper is because of demand - if they cost the same as dinner prices, people wouldn't go there as much.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7297 on: August 30, 2015, 05:07:51 PM »
We've stopped going to Olive Garden altogether.

vinyl

« Reply #7298 on: Yesterday at 11:27:34 PM »
Stylishplus.com.au

I am kicking myself for not reading the reviews before ordering. In early June. I'm still waiting for my order, and am on my second refund request. At two and a half months I requested a refund and received a response that indicated that I was being unreasonable in expecting four items of clothing to be delivered within that time.
Next time I'm going to harvest, dye, and weave my own darn fabric and (learn to) sew the clothes myself. It would be faster and less annoying.

I'm about a week away from making a formal complaint to our equivalent of the BBB.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #7299 on: Today at 06:09:01 AM »
Stylishplus.com.au

I am kicking myself for not reading the reviews before ordering. In early June. I'm still waiting for my order, and am on my second refund request. At two and a half months I requested a refund and received a response that indicated that I was being unreasonable in expecting four items of clothing to be delivered within that time.
Next time I'm going to harvest, dye, and weave my own darn fabric and (learn to) sew the clothes myself. It would be faster and less annoying.

I'm about a week away from making a formal complaint to our equivalent of the BBB.

Just file a chargeback with your card provider.  With the email, you have proof that they didn't deliver the items. 
Maryland

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7300 on: Today at 09:10:15 AM »
CVS and/or Minute Clinic

DH took our son to CVS for his school immunizations. He approached the pharmacy counter and was told "Sign in over there, someone will be with you soon." and sent to a small waiting area just a few feet away. There were 3 chairs, a table with a computer for signing in, and a small room on either side of the table so that people can maintain privacy while receiving treatment. Cool. A man (turns out he was a nurse practitioner) came out and asked what they were there for, DH said two vaccinations for school, and the guy said he'd be right with them. He took DH's driver's license and insurance card and ran that while DH signed the consent forms. DH asked him if there was a copay and he said no, routine immunizations are covered in full. He gave DS the shots and they left.

I just received a bill for $200. Apparently we weren't at CVS, even though we were literally still within the waiting area of the pharmacy inside the building. Nope, our insurance was billed for "well child care" at "Minute Clinic", a medical clinic that is out of network. They refused the claim. We had no idea we'd "left" CVS and gone to some clinic. Nobody said a word about it. A customer service rep at my insurance provider told me to call them and ask them to resubmit the claim under my pharmacy benefit instead of medical, as that would cover the shots. The Minute Clinic rep said "I'm sorry but I'm unable to do that because we're strictly a medical clinic." I'm afraid I was very frustrated and replied "You're a kiosk within a pharmacy." She reiterated "No, we're a medical clinic, and that's how we bill."

I called the manager at the CVS who said "There are some types of shots we're unable to do at the counter and when that happens we do send people over to Minute Clinic. I'm sorry if you weren't informed that you were leaving CVS and going to the clinic. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do, they handle their own billing." Back to the customer service dept. at my insurance provider, they said all I can do is write a detailed letter and submit it to the "reconsideration" board and hope they'll agree that DH was misled and authorize the claim.

Oh, and what really fired me up, when I was speaking to the rep at Minute Clinic I asked her why did the nurse take our insurance card, run it, and tell DH there would be no copay? She said "We can take whatever card you have but we can't guarantee your provider will pay it." I suppose she's got me on a technicality, but I feel deceived. We carry a huge nationally recognized plan. I find it very hard to believe that the nurse didn't know they wouldn't pay. And if he had no way of knowing, then why did he tell DH there was no copay and it would be covered? Every time I've received medical care the provider (well, the front desk) has always ran my card and told me how much the copay was. I assumed it was because their computer was communicating with some computer somewhere at my insurance company and that one was saying "Yep, they're covered, here's how much to charge them..." Obviously that didn't happen here so I don't understand why he told DH it was covered in full. The least he could have done is said "I'm not able to check your benefits from here but it should be covered, you'll need to check with your insurance plan to be sure." DH would have checked, he would have found out it wasn't going to be covered, and he would have walked!

*edited to add - We always check the "provider directory" via our insurance plan's website before we go anywhere. We've literally never had a claim denied before, for anything, in the 8+ years we've carried this insurance plan. The whole reason why we went to CVS was because that's where we get everyone's prescriptions filled so we already knew for sure they were a preferred provider and everything would be covered. In case I made it sound like DH just walked in, handed someone his insurance card, and assumed he'd be told if there was a problem.  :-\
« Last Edit: Today at 09:15:19 AM by JenJay »

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #7301 on: Today at 09:16:03 AM »
Even if there'd been a sign that said "Minute Clinic" I wouldn't have assumed it was another company, I would have figured it was the promotional name CVS was giving that service! They really should have been very clear about what you were getting, and they weren't.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7302 on: Today at 09:22:17 AM »
Even if there'd been a sign that said "Minute Clinic" I wouldn't have assumed it was another company, I would have figured it was the promotional name CVS was giving that service! They really should have been very clear about what you were getting, and they weren't.

There is a sign, and that's exactly what DH thought. "Haha, cute, 'Minute Clinic' like 'Wait just a minute over here'"  >:(

The rep at my insurance co. was very sweet and said that, obviously it's not up to her, but she felt we had a very strong case for reconsideration. She said "Make sure you include every detail that you've shared with me, because that doesn't sound right at all." So, that's what we did. Hopefully it doesn't take too long because the due date on my Minute Clinic bill is only a couple of weeks out from when I received it (yesterday).