News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 29, 2016, 03:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1843024 times)

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8040 on: Today at 10:02:08 AM »
For everyone here who's had problems with the postal service...

Mail delivery in my town isn't always the greatest. If you have a good mail carrier, s/he is gold.

Someone posted a pic on our town's FB page of a note left in their mailbox by their carrier:

"I am on vacation until <date>. Sorry and good luck.
<Mail Carrier>"
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

sandisadie

« Reply #8041 on: Today at 10:05:03 AM »
I had a very annoying visit at 8 am today.  Last month I had my kitchen floor tile replaced by Home Depot.  They had the work done by another business and the job is much less then satisfactory.  I've been trying to get the 2nd company to come out and inspect the job and tell me what they intend to do to correct the mess.  Twice they have called and made an appointment only to not show up or call to cancel.  Finally yesterday I went to Home Depot and spoke to a store manager about the problem.  Late yesterday the man at the secondary business called and told me that his company employee would be calling to set up yet another appointment and they intended to follow through this time.  Up until 8 am this morning I received no phone call - but this employee just showed up at my front door.  I was just out of the shower and my DD had to begin explaining the problems until I could get dressed and go to the kitchen.  I informed him that no one had called prior to his visit and he informed me that he had been told that an appointment had been made.  After this flooring job is corrected I intend to never have Home Depot do any kind of installation for me ever again; not to mention the flooring company!

Luci

« Reply #8042 on: Today at 10:13:10 AM »
We have had two services from Home Depot that were contracted out. Both were botched. We still shop at Home Depot for things we can carry out, but go to local flooring dealers, local appliance stores and the like for big jobs. Often they are not any more expensive than the big home centers.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8043 on: Today at 10:19:28 AM »

Mail delivery in my town isn't always the greatest. If you have a good mail carrier, s/he is gold.

Someone posted a pic on our town's FB page of a note left in their mailbox by their carrier:

<Mail Carrier>"

THis makes me laugh because my regular mail guy is great. A bit whiny, but I've never had any issue getting my mail, unless he's on vacation. Then all bets are off.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #8044 on: Today at 10:20:38 AM »
I hope that you both complained, loudly, to Home Depot. They can't change their contractors if they don't know that there's a problem.

In a counter-story, we had our kitchen redone by Home Depot and it included counters, cabinets, plumbing, and electrical and the various contractors did a great job. We have four or five regrets about the remodel, but they were all our choices and had nothing to do with the work done.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

medowynd

« Reply #8045 on: Today at 11:09:25 AM »
I had an associate at Lowe's tell me to hire my own flooring installation contractor.  He said that they would be cheaper than Lowe's and get it done faster. 

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #8046 on: Today at 11:58:14 AM »

<Mail Carrier>"

Someone needs to call the Postmaster and give them an earful.  I lived in a town that was less than 4,000 people when I first moved there, and we got excellent service.  It was a very small post office, but they still found the people to deliver the mail when someone went on vacation.  Plus, since they got to know the locals, it was very handy with misdirected mail.  I once got a postcard addressed to a nickname with no last name, describing how "my" parents were skin diving off the coast in Hawaii and some of the plant and animal life they'd seen.  It was written from the point of view of "my" mother.  Only thing was, at the time my mother was deceased, and my dad has absolutely never been even the most rudimentary of swimmers.  I took it to the post office, and while we never found out who it actually was addressed to at least it sounded as if the senders were having a good time in Hawaii.  The street address on the postcard was mine.  I occasionally got mail with the lot number transposed (I lived in a mobile home park) but at the time I got this post card lot 17 (I lived in 71) was empty.  However, I don't consider midaddressed mail as the fault of the post office unless it's mail coming directly from them.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #8047 on: Today at 12:42:20 PM »

<Mail Carrier>"

Someone needs to call the Postmaster and give them an earful.

People have, and notified our congressman as well. It's an on-going saga in this town.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #8048 on: Today at 12:59:28 PM »
All the stories about the pre-prepared food reminded me of a restaurant we visited a number of years ago. We went for dinner and generally my other half isn't a dessert person and when I have eaten a full meal I generally won't order a dessert unless we're going to share it so getting dessert is not something we do very often, but there was a chocolate brownie on the dessert menu so we decided to share.

The brownie arrives and the Mr sticks his spoon in and gets a nice spoonful of gooey brownie. I stick my spoon in and 'clunk'. Basically the left side of the brownie was gooey and delicious and the right side was rock hard. So of course we sent it back. The manager comes out and apologises as follows - 'sorry, the chef put it in the microwave for too long, would you like another one?'  :o

They didn't charge us for the brownie but it's not often that you hear the words 'chef' and 'microwave' in the same sentence...

I'm willing to give the chef a pass on that one, but that's because I microwave brownies myself. I'm sure there are other ways to heat up a brownie that's lost it's warm gooeyness since leaving the oven, but a few seconds in the microwave does just as well in less time, makes sense to me that a restaurant would've caught on to it.

Chefs use microwaves all the time in that capacity. Especially with a dessert, those are mass prepared. If they have a pastry chef that's a plus but it's fair to assume that most restaurants don't have their own and purchase it somewhere else in bulk. So they have to heat it up, throwing it in the oven is going to take much longer than microwaving for a quick zap!

Industrial microwaves are in every kitchen.