Author Topic: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74  (Read 1374005 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74
« Reply #6450 on: Yesterday at 04:17:26 PM »
There are seven food groups:

Sugar
Salt
Grease
Chocolate
Alcohol
Caffeine
Toxic Waste

Where does my prepackaged, vending machine, cheese Danish fit?

Sugar?  Grease?  But, with it being from a vending machine, my vote is for Toxic Waste.   ;D

Excuse me but everybody knows there are four main food groups: Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corn, and Syrup!  ;D

Where did you people learn this?  You're completely wrong!

It's:
1. Wine
2 Chocolate
3. Cheese
4. Wine

You forgot Beer and Bread. :-)

And as much as I am enjoying this conversational detour, it seems it may be time to think about returning to the topic at hand.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #6451 on: Yesterday at 04:49:33 PM »
There are seven food groups:

Sugar
Salt
Grease
Chocolate
Alcohol
Caffeine
Toxic Waste

Where does my prepackaged, vending machine, cheese Danish fit?

Sugar?  Grease?  But, with it being from a vending machine, my vote is for Toxic Waste.   ;D

Excuse me but everybody knows there are four main food groups: Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corn, and Syrup!  ;D

Where did you people learn this?  You're completely wrong!

It's:
1. Wine
2 Chocolate
3. Cheese
4. Wine

You forgot Beer and Bread. :-)

And as much as I am enjoying this conversational detour, it seems it may be time to think about returning to the topic at hand.

1) Pizza
2) Fried Chicken
3) Sandwiches
4) Stuff I actually have to cook.  :D

And now, for an actual contribution.  I posted this in Instant Justice, but it fits so well here:

http://kotaku.com/indie-dev-threatens-gabe-newell-has-game-removed-from-1648678869?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

tl;dr version:  Indie dev gets upset that Steam miscategorized his game when they put it on their highly coveted main page, threatens to kill the CEO of Steam.  Then quits the industry entirely (see, PD!) when Steam drops the game like it was made of toxic waste.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #6452 on: Yesterday at 04:53:36 PM »
I love Steam (no, I haven't been playing Ticket To Ride relentlessly, why do you ask?) and even if they had dropped him without the threats having happened, I would stand by them.  That guy is a loon!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

nayberry

« Reply #6453 on: Yesterday at 05:17:47 PM »
Steam is something you'd think i'd like, except each and every time i've tried dl the client for games it tries to bsod my pc,  and its not as if the pc is old or out of memory, just that steam don't like it.

its a shame as i was so excited when i saw all the Civ games, hated having to do a restore!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #6454 on: Yesterday at 05:25:38 PM »
Steam is something you'd think i'd like, except each and every time i've tried dl the client for games it tries to bsod my pc,  and its not as if the pc is old or out of memory, just that steam don't like it.

its a shame as i was so excited when i saw all the Civ games, hated having to do a restore!

Aw man, I'm sorry you keep getting BSOD when you DL it.  The Civ games are some of my ultimate favorites and it's sad to know you're missing out :(
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

nayberry

« Reply #6455 on: Yesterday at 05:27:46 PM »

Aw man, I'm sorry you keep getting BSOD when you DL it.  The Civ games are some of my ultimate favorites and it's sad to know you're missing out :(

i'm going to try on the older pc i'm halfway thro rebuilding, fingers crossed as i love civ,  was always a good time waster

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #6456 on: Yesterday at 05:33:11 PM »

i'm going to try on the older pc i'm halfway thro rebuilding, fingers crossed as i love civ,  was always a good time waster

Good luck - I was able to d/l Civ V on my 4-year-old-and-desperately-in-need-of-a-wipe-and-restore laptop a few months ago.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

parrot_girl

« Reply #6457 on: Yesterday at 06:56:35 PM »
I'm confused about the nutrition teacher. How does a regularly scheduled class not have a consistent classroom space available to them? That she had to find a place, on her own each week?
Unfortunately, yes. We've had a real stuff-up this year with Timetabling double-booking people left right and centre; every teacher pretty much has to ring at the beginning of each week and CHECK that they have a booking. This was explained to her as soon as she started (probably in pretty salty language too, as every teacher is rightfully annoyed about it). That said, she made no effort at all to find a room- she never bothered ringing Timetable, she never rang me (I could have booked her our Training Room!), never asked any other teachers if they had a room they could swap (one teacher ended up offering to swap with her, as Woefully Incompetent had 18 students and Nice Teacher had 3)- she was just passive. It stood out, particularly when contrasted with every other teacher who was making heroic efforts to secure a classroom for their subjects.

nayberry

« Reply #6458 on: Yesterday at 10:27:21 PM »

Good luck - I was able to d/l Civ V on my 4-year-old-and-desperately-in-need-of-a-wipe-and-restore laptop a few months ago.

Thanks