Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 35645 times)

MrTango

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #495 on: September 17, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
I had surgery today, and by the time I was awake enough to look at my cell phone, I already had a voice message from the disability insurance adjuster letting me know that she'd received confirmation from the hospital and that my claim was approved.

I was amazed at how quickly that was handled.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #496 on: Yesterday at 12:00:32 AM »
I bought room darkening curtains because I can't have anything touch my head when I am sleeping.

When I originally tried the sleep mask, I was worried that having something on my face would bug me. Strangely enough, I found I actually like having something over the top half of my face when I sleep.

All I can think is that it's a holdover from when I was a kid and pulling my head under the covers was the ultimate protection from monsters in the dark--if you can't see the monsters, they can't see you, you know?  ;D My childhood bedroom had a lot of weird corners with potentially monster-concealing shadows, plus a non-latching closet door, and I had a very vivid imagination, so I used the covers protection "magic" a lot--guess I got used to it. :P

I'm right there with you.  I just use a cotton bandana though.  Works like a charm. 

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #497 on: Yesterday at 03:22:24 AM »
It's very silly, but it made me smile!
We got a new bed, and this new frame is about 4-5" lower to the floor than our old base was, which meant that this morning when I released BabyDrifter into our room she could actually climb up onto it to tackle her (still mostly asleep) Daddy, without my help!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #498 on: Yesterday at 07:59:59 AM »
There was a decided nip in the air this morning. According to my car, it was only 71F.  Maybe in the next week or two, I'll be able to turn the A/C off during the afternoon /evenings. It'll be nice to have my electric bill drop practically in half.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

weaselfrance

« Reply #499 on: Yesterday at 08:22:06 AM »
My first post here!

About six months ago, I turned over in bed in the wee small hours, flung out my arm and managed to knock everything off my bedside table. A silver ring my DH bought me vanished. It wasn't expensive, he bought it when we were both starving students but I loved it and wore it every day. Tore the bedroom apart looking for it, even moved our king sized bed and checked the hoover every time I vacuumed the room...nothing. I gave it up as lost forever.

And then yesterday, when I was cleaning, it turned up in a place I'd already looked in twice and is now firmly back where it belongs.

Cherry91

« Reply #500 on: Yesterday at 09:18:35 AM »
I finally found a copy of the footage from an educational video I worked as a runner on.

It's just as weird as I remembered it being. It's nice to finally see the finished article though.

Runningstar

« Reply #501 on: Yesterday at 02:00:05 PM »
I had surgery today, and by the time I was awake enough to look at my cell phone, I already had a voice message from the disability insurance adjuster letting me know that she'd received confirmation from the hospital and that my claim was approved.

I was amazed at how quickly that was handled.
wow!  Hope that you are feeling better MrTango.

mime

« Reply #502 on: Yesterday at 02:04:59 PM »
DD (1yo) likes to stand on the coffee table. I've given up on stopping her-- I have bigger fish to fry.

Yesterday, she figured out how to climb back *off* of the coffee table without getting hurt. Such a proud moment for mommy!

Hillia

« Reply #503 on: Yesterday at 03:59:45 PM »
I gave a short presentation at a town hall meeting today; this is not something I typically do in the course of my duties and I was speaking to a lot of people that I don't normally interact with.  Afterwards my boss sent me and  a coworker who also had a presentation a nice email saying what a good job we did.  That's the sort of thing that will keep you going on a hard day.

(And I'm a 'word' person - I like written documents that I can keep and reread, so this is the perfect reinforcement for me).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #504 on: Yesterday at 08:55:06 PM »
One of the feral kittens who lives in our back yard actually let me pet her today.  There are two of them, a brother and sister, and back at the beginning of June Mr. Sirius and I caught them, their mother, and a sister who has since relocated and took them to a local group who neuters/spays feral cats and gives them shots.  When we first saw them they were tiny, but now they look to be about 7 or 8 months old.  We've been feeding them, and they're there usually every day, and sometimes their mother comes back through and joins them. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=siamese+with+tabby+points&client=Flamingvixen-a&hs=EDo&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&tbm=isch&imgil=r1A4_Jd3xa3EdM%253A%253B4X-br99K2G989M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.balinesen.ch%25252Fphotsa21.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=r1A4_Jd3xa3EdM%253A%252C4X-br99K2G989M%252C_&usg=__G3ju_Wo0nswNQPuL1qaIbW5jiOA%3D&biw=1280&bih=913&ved=0CC0Qyjc&ei=rH0bVOj7J4KMyASxv4LQDQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=r1A4_Jd3xa3EdM%253A%3B4X-br99K2G989M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.balinesen.ch%252Fhalim99.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.balinesen.ch%252Fphotsa21.htm%3B310%3B283

They look very much like the one in the middle, and they're marked like the one in the upper right hand corner.  I know they aren't even close to purebreds, as their mother is a brown and tan tabby.  She has the same facial structure as the one in the middle, though, so it's apparently in their lineage.  Their eyes aren't intense blue; they're more like a whitish-blue.