Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 42041 times)

magicdomino

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #555 on: October 24, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
Rocket's ringworm has cleared up, and I can snuggle him promiscuously! The little purrball.

Great news.   :)

BigBadBetty

« Reply #556 on: October 24, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »
This isn't nearly as cool as snuggling with a puppy, but it still made me happy. I play fantasy football. I have not been doing well. (Our league is not high-stake gambling; it is more about bragging rights.) I have Emmanuel Sanders on my team. He just had a really good night last night. He is has been the lone bright spot on my team.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
^  I'm currently leading the work hockey pool.

I probably won't be after tonight but I may be back in the lead before the weekend is over.  It's fun to trash talk all the guys in the office who are huge hockey fans.  I'm a fan but not right into it and I picked my team completely on the fly.  And I'm beating guys I know spent hours researching and choosing their team.

Yes, I'm petty.   :D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #558 on: October 24, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »
I got some snuggles too! My dear friend brought over her new little baby and I got to hold him while he fell asleep. She was on the phone and I was afraid he would cry, but he nodded off while I was telling him about how much fun he will have in the fall leaves when he gets just a bit older. He got to meet his first kitty too (and she got to meet him, and now needs many cuddles of her own, to reassure her that she isn't being replaced).
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #559 on: October 26, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »
My son is learning how to drive and has done really well so far. I got to see a friend I haven't seen in years.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #560 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:03 PM »
I did my hair today and it's soft and yummy smelling

dawnfire

« Reply #561 on: October 27, 2014, 04:13:07 AM »
I lost and found my son's pacifier. It was on one of those ribbons that you attach to clothing, he's pulled it off on the way to the shops and dropped it. I turned the house upside down looking for it. I found it on the way to the shops the next morning.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #562 on: October 27, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
For the first time in many, many years I have access to a large urban library.

Unfortunately, it is a looong way from my house and traffic and parking issues don't really make the trip worthwhile.

But today I had an early meeting downtown so I carpooled in with DH since he works just a block away.

So I get to spend the rest of the day puttering around the stacks, exploring new books.   ;D

And, just to make it more "authentic", I am enjoying people watching and thinking about Yarnspinner, Library Dragon and the rest of the EHell Library Team.  :)

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #563 on: October 27, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
I bought a Halloween greeting card to send to my dad, but all the stamps I had clashed with the orange envelope.  Today at the Post Office, I asked the clerk if they had stamps that would look good on the envelope.  She got a big grin on her face and said, "We have Batman stamps!" 

I've been happy all day about my Batman stamps.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_588404&categoryId=forever-stamps

It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

turtleIScream

« Reply #564 on: October 27, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »
I bought a Halloween greeting card to send to my dad, but all the stamps I had clashed with the orange envelope.  Today at the Post Office, I asked the clerk if they had stamps that would look good on the envelope.  She got a big grin on her face and said, "We have Batman stamps!" 

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_588404&categoryId=forever-stamps

Ooh, I need stamps!
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #565 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:32 PM »

Ooh, I need stamps!

mmm hmmm  suuuure you do :D

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #566 on: October 28, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
My weight loss has plateaued. I'm at my weight goal though and my doctor is very happy with where I'm at. What I wasn't thrilled about was my waist measurement. On a whim I checked it tonight, the first time in six months. I've surpassed my goal by 3 inches!  ;D I had no idea.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

EllenS

« Reply #567 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
A shot of steroids in my hind quarter. It has relieved my sinus infection to the point I am no longer considering trepanning myself with a sawsall.

The antibiotics are helping, too.

GreenHall

« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »
A shot of steroids in my hind quarter. It has relieved my sinus infection to the point I am no longer considering trepanning myself with a sawsall.

The antibiotics are helping, too.

I thought I was the only one who considered self-trepan-nation (totally a word).  It's probably just as well I bought a small power drill...