News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 05, 2015, 10:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 81163 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1410 on: June 28, 2015, 04:56:05 AM »
New bathroom cabinet up - so we aren't using the windowsill to store things anymore and the cats can have it back!

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1411 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »
Spent six hours each on Saturday and Sunday weeding, planting, fertilising and watering the garden in preparation for spring.  Oh how I ache...

The garden beds look great, but I still need to put down weed mat and/or mulch.  There are also a few hundred bulbs to go in.  And there are several potted plants that need repotting. 

gmatoy

« Reply #1412 on: June 29, 2015, 12:29:18 AM »
Spent six hours each on Saturday and Sunday weeding, planting, fertilising and watering the garden in preparation for spring.  Oh how I ache...

The garden beds look great, but I still need to put down weed mat and/or mulch.  There are also a few hundred bulbs to go in.  And there are several potted plants that need repotting.

And that is why I say, "You don't own the yard, the yard owns you!"

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1413 on: Yesterday at 10:24:27 PM »
Since my week staycaction was cut short by a necessary road trip, I only had about 4.5 days at home. Of which I spent recovering from 1700+ miles of driving in just u dear a week and being lazy. So today I had to do something productive. I cleaned out my DVD collection. With both Amazon Prime and Netflix, no real need to have the actual DVDs. So I only kept those I can't get or stream for free on either. The rest are going to moms church's annual sale.

I also did the same with books. If they are available I book format, out went the actual book. Also being donated.
And I put some other things into the space vacated by the DVDs, which resided in the cedar chest I use as a coffee table.

So now my living room looks a lot less cluttered. Bedroom is tomorrow, but I did go through my socks and toss the old, faller downs, etc. once the BR is done, I will be happy. And all I'll have to do is throw out the junk in my trunk.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1414 on: Yesterday at 11:43:24 PM »
Continued house purging/ preparing for move: the closet in my room is clean. Took everything out, wiped down and sprayed, and put back only things I really will use. Out with the. Bedraggled undies, mismatched socks, shirts that make me look pregnant, old bathing suits, etc. Also found additional papers, school stuff, medical records. Kept only the important stuff, the rest needs to be shredded. Two garbage bags full of shoes, one of old blankets and about five if papers or clothing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

gmatoy

« Reply #1415 on: Today at 01:37:49 AM »
I went shopping, bought a lot of fabric. Did laundry. (Remember the fabric?) Fabric is all folded, stacked, ready to be put away. Other laundry washed, dried or hung to dry.
Made scones for breakfast and realized the oven was disgusting. Cleaned oven. Did dishes. Read. Going to bed if it ever cools down.