News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 23, 2015, 09:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1240455 times)

GreenHall

Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #10470 on: Yesterday at 08:43:13 AM »
Thanks for the information on glasses donation - Now that Zenni and I are making buddies, I'll be able to donate :)

I am very fond of my contacts - so far I can still sleep in them, though I know that's not preferable.  Waking up and being able to see is awesome.  My Rx being so different, I don't even need the eye office to put stickers on them for Left and Right, but they do anyway.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10471 on: Yesterday at 10:17:37 AM »
Here's a question about Mpntessori schools.  A relative who's been home schooling her children is sending them to a Montessori school for the fall term.  One of the children is 10 and the other is 8.  I always thought that Montessori schools were for younger children.  What is the usual cut-off point?

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #10472 on: Yesterday at 10:25:40 AM »
I think Montessori schools for younger children are more common, but there *are* schools for elementary age or older children.

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #10473 on: Yesterday at 10:26:59 AM »
One of the public elementary schools in my county (pre-K-5th grade) has a Montessori program.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10474 on: Yesterday at 10:49:59 AM »
Here's a question about Mpntessori schools.  A relative who's been home schooling her children is sending them to a Montessori school for the fall term.  One of the children is 10 and the other is 8.  I always thought that Montessori schools were for younger children.  What is the usual cut-off point?

I know of at least 2 Montessori schools in my area that go through highschool level.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10475 on: Yesterday at 03:24:52 PM »
Thanks for the information on glasses donation - Now that Zenni and I are making buddies, I'll be able to donate :)

I am very fond of my contacts - so far I can still sleep in them, though I know that's not preferable.  Waking up and being able to see is awesome.  My Rx being so different, I don't even need the eye office to put stickers on them for Left and Right, but they do anyway.

It's ridiculously amazing. I had lasik done a few years ago, and I still get giddy at the thought. :)

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #10476 on: Yesterday at 08:35:47 PM »

Here in Maryland we have Montessori school from K-12.