News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here:   

• November 30, 2015, 04:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What I Love About Holidays and What I Would Change - no negative rants please  (Read 1222 times)

Things I love.

I loves seeing my DD age 4 enjoying and getting excited about the holidays.  Now that she is a little older, she can participate in decorating, making cookies, and other holiday activities.

DH and I get along with both of our families, but live far.  Usually we will see his family on Christmas and get to enjoy games, conversation, and the company.

Christmas music, I love it near the holidays.

The food.  I know I shouldn't over do eating, but some foods I only make once a year so I make sure to enjoy them.

DH and I always stuff a stocking for each other and it is so much fun to open that.

The Church service on Christmas Eve is always a time to reflect on why we celebrate.

Things I wish I could change.

My family runs a Christmas themed business which means they are very busy from Thanksgiving until Christmas.  Unfortunately them being busy and us living far away means it is very difficult to celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving with them.

I love having DH's family over, but a lot of people coming means a lot of work ahead of time.  At least this year they will come a few days before Christmas instead of Christmas Eve so it won't be all on me to prepare Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner (+ plan for meals in between) for 13 people.

The post holiday let down.  Guests go home, the lights, music, and festivities halt, and there are months left of short days and cold weather.

I love the magic of the holidays.

I would definitely change our cat's unnatural attraction to the tree.