Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5108499 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #18315 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »
Wow...There's no excuse for such behavior, but I wonder if something happened earlier to drive the girl to her breaking point!  :o

RooRoo

• Iím out of my mind. Please leave a message.
« Reply #18316 on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »
I wonder if something happened earlier to drive the girl to her breaking point! 

Ya know, who cares? Part of being grown up enough to drive a car is being responsible enough to keep your emotions from affecting your driving. She paid the price for letting impatience (or whatever - and if anyone mentions Asperger's my head will go 'splodey) turn her into a bad driver.

I hope she got a big fine.

I believe I may have mentioned this before. I saw a fellow driving down the walkway. He had a bumper sticker on the back of his vehicle which said, "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!"

But he wasn't a SS; the vehicle was a motorized wheelchair. (And the sidewalk was inside the Mall of New Hampshire.) I laughed out loud!  ;D
"Someday we must write a book of Etiquette for sensible people," said Mrs. Morland, "though apart from a few rules it really boils down to an educated mind and a kind heart." ~ Angela Thirkell, Never Too Late

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #18317 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
After work yesterday, I swung by my local grocery store to pick up things we needed. I had a cart, and was halfway through the store, near the meat case. I stopped to look at the new prepared items available. I look to my left and right, step back to push my cart away, and a woman I had not seen (with a carry basket, no cart) was in between my cart and the meat case. She gave me a dirty look as I started to walk away, but I just thought it was no big deal. I finish my shopping and head for the registers. The same woman is near the registers, put down her carry basket, and walked out of the store! I could tell she was irritated from the body language both times I saw her.

I go to the register and tell the bagger, so they could get anything cold out of the basket and keep it from spoiling. It is a Thursday night a few weeks before Christmas, the store is not that busy, and there were plenty of registers open with only one person in each line. Who does all their shopping and then leaves?

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
« Reply #18318 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
Second Charity Shop.
I spotted a paticular style of 'thumper' handheld back massager for $5 and I know these start at 150$ if you are lucky and my friend needed one badly so I snapped it up and gave it to her.

By now I'm so used to eufemisms on this board that my brain translated that to a rabbit vibrator, like the one from SITC. I was wondering what kind of relationship y'all had where you'd pick her up supercheap used scrabble toys...  ;)

Oh, good it wasn't just me! *laughs and cringes simultaneously*

No, that was my thought too...I'm glad I was wrong ;)

Haha yeah, it's what my chiropractor refers to a type of massager. It does look rather suspect though even I had to do a double take when I saw it in the shops as it was an older style but close to this but only one tip not twohttp://www.livingincomfort.com/mm33990.html for some reason link image isn't working
We tried it in the store believe me you would not want to use it on something sensitive. It's like holding a mini badly loaded washing machine on a manic spin cycle, I think my fillings vibrated when I used it on my arm.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #18319 on: December 07, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »

Ya know, who cares? Part of being grown up enough to drive a car is being responsible enough to keep your emotions from affecting your driving. She paid the price for letting impatience (or whatever - and if anyone mentions Asperger's my head will go 'splodey) turn her into a bad driver.

I believe I may have mentioned this before. I saw a fellow driving down the walkway. He had a bumper sticker on the back of his vehicle which said, "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!"

But he wasn't a SS; the vehicle was a motorized wheelchair. (And the sidewalk was inside the Mall of New Hampshire.) I laughed out loud!  ;D

I don't disagree with you.  She endangered others and herself, and she deserved what she got.  I was just curious, because you never know. 

That's pretty funny about the bumper sticker!  ;D

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #18320 on: December 08, 2012, 06:35:45 AM »
I'm in a little Mom and Pop kolache place. They don't have wifi, so I'm using my wifi hot spot and surfing while I eat. They don't mind.

A lady came in saw me on the web got her food, opened her ipad, and asked the staff for the wifi password. They tell her they don't have wifi. She starts ranting - calling them names. She expects them to know how do do this stuff. I interrupt saying Madam I'm on my own personal wifi hot spot they don't have one here. (The restaurant next door did and it used to bleed into here. But they were locked out for not paying the rent).

Then SS wanted my wifi password - guess what not happening. I have 5 gigs a month and will be on school vacation for 2 weeks. I don't know how much I will be using it around town. The owner told her to leave. I'm waiting till I'm sure she has left the parking lot before I leave to go do my shopping.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Nora

« Reply #18321 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:37 AM »
"Joey doesn't share his internets!"

That would have been my answer.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Emmy

« Reply #18322 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »

I agree.  A bad day isn't an excuse for being rude, or in this case dangerous.

doodlemor

« Reply #18323 on: December 08, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
I saw a special snowflake at Wegman's last night. 

In the usual Wegman's manner my store has an area of beautiful loose fresh veggies, so that people can bag their own.  Special-Snowflake-Perfect-Greenbeanus combed very slowly through the loose green beans with his fingers, touching each bean at least once, I'm sure.  He carefully chose one bean at a time for his bag, until he had what he deemed a sufficient quantity.

I watched him out of the corner of my eye as I got all of my vegetables and fruit, amazed at the length of time he spent picking over the green beans.  I had been looking at the beans earlier.  There was nothing wrong with them - they weren't shriveled or browned.

In the realm of Special Snowflakes this guy is pretty minor, but I do think he was gross.  Don't most people take handfuls of beans, and maybe throw just a few back?  He didn't look particularly clean, and he basically wiped his hands over all of the beans.

I'm not a gardener, so I don't know if fresh green beans would bruise from the picking that this guy did.  No one else could get beans very easily while he did his thing, either, if anyone still wanted any after seeing his behavior.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #18324 on: December 08, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
I'm in a little Mom and Pop kolache place. They don't have wifi, so I'm using my wifi hot spot and surfing while I eat. They don't mind.

A lady came in saw me on the web got her food, opened her ipad, and asked the staff for the wifi password. They tell her they don't have wifi. She starts ranting - calling them names. She expects them to know how do do this stuff. I interrupt saying Madam I'm on my own personal wifi hot spot they don't have one here. (The restaurant next door did and it used to bleed into here. But they were locked out for not paying the rent).

Then SS wanted my wifi password - guess what not happening. I have 5 gigs a month and will be on school vacation for 2 weeks. I don't know how much I will be using it around town. The owner told her to leave. I'm waiting till I'm sure she has left the parking lot before I leave to go do my shopping.

I have the 5 gig deal too. I have had people at school get snarky with me because I wouldnt let them access my WiFi. Sorry, pal. You no chip in with bill, you no get my WiFi!  ;D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #18325 on: December 08, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »

In the usual Wegman's manner my store has an area of beautiful loose fresh veggies, so that people can bag their own.  Special-Snowflake-Perfect-Greenbeanus combed very slowly through the loose green beans with his fingers, touching each bean at least once, I'm sure.  He carefully chose one bean at a time for his bag, until he had what he deemed a sufficient quantity.

I watched him out of the corner of my eye as I got all of my vegetables and fruit, amazed at the length of time he spent picking over the green beans.  I had been looking at the beans earlier.  There was nothing wrong with them - they weren't shriveled or browned.

In the realm of Special Snowflakes this guy is pretty minor, but I do think he was gross.  Don't most people take handfuls of beans, and maybe throw just a few back?  He didn't look particularly clean, and he basically wiped his hands over all of the beans.

I'm not a gardener, so I don't know if fresh green beans would bruise from the picking that this guy did.  No one else could get beans very easily while he did his thing, either, if anyone still wanted any after seeing his behavior.
Sorry, that's me, except I don't get in anyone else's way.  Fresh green beans are $3.99 a pound here, so I pick each bean to make sure it's not old, hard, woody, wilted, etc.  I find old/hard/woody green beans inedible and certainly not worth more than hamburger meat on a per pound basis.  I won't buy prewrapped green beans because they throw too many old/moldy green beans in the middle.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

doodlemor

« Reply #18326 on: December 08, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »

Sorry, that's me, except I don't get in anyone else's way.  Fresh green beans are $3.99 a pound here, so I pick each bean to make sure it's not old, hard, woody, wilted, etc.  I find old/hard/woody green beans inedible and certainly not worth more than hamburger meat on a per pound basis.  I won't buy prewrapped green beans because they throw too many old/moldy green beans in the middle.

It's understandable that you would want to be very careful when choosing decent beans from a scudsy/dodgy  looking bin at almost $4 a pound.  However, this guy was combing and combing his fingers through them all, and they were beautiful beans to start.  I had looked at them. 

clio917

« Reply #18327 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »

It's understandable that you would want to be very careful when choosing decent beans from a scudsy/dodgy  looking bin at almost $4 a pound.  However, this guy was combing and combing his fingers through them all, and they were beautiful beans to start.  I had looked at them.

Honestly, everybody should wash their veggies before they eat them anyway, so people having their hands all over them in the store isn't really an issue. Bouncing them around, bruising them, or damaging them, yes, problem. But just hands, no...

Of course, I'm also like the least germaphobic person in the world, so YMMV...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18328 on: December 08, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »

Honestly, everybody should wash their veggies before they eat them anyway, so people having their hands all over them in the store isn't really an issue. Bouncing them around, bruising them, or damaging them, yes, problem. But just hands, no...

I'm with you, clio917.  I fail to see the SS other than hogging the display so no one else could have some, too.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

doodlemor

« Reply #18329 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »

I'm with you, clio917.  I fail to see the SS other than hogging the display so no one else could have some, too.

OK guys, guess I'm a bit of a germaphobe.  I feel squicky just picturing him. 

Most people don't wash their veggies in soap and water, though at least people generally cook green beans.

My mother had a friend who lived in a country with poor health standards for a time.  Friend actually did wash her salad greens and any produce that she wanted to eat raw in dish soap and water.