A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (3739/6570) > >>

Midnight Kitty:

--- Quote from: mmswm on January 04, 2013, 02:08:27 PM ---When I'm less brain dead, I might post a story or twelve.

--- End quote ---
I believe you are now obliged to >:D

squeakers:
Took our new puppy to the vet (he's got kennel cough) and my girl kitty (urinary tract issues).  There was a little boy in the waiting room with his mom.  He came and talked to our kitty and then patted the puppy.  That was fine.

What was not so fine was when we got called into one of the exam rooms he followed us.  His mom called him and called him and finally came and got him.  We shut the door.  The vet tech was taking histories and the door opened.. it was the lil guy again.  His mom called him and called him and then came and got him.

The third time he tried getting in I was leaning against the door to keep him out. 

The rest of the visit you could hear his mom calling him and calling him.

He was special needs so I cut him some slack but his mom was Special Snowflake for not keeping him occupied by anything other than just walking into exam rooms and for just calling him when he would not listen to her. (Vet tech said it had been a fun afternoon with them.)

faithlessone:
Bit of a special snowflake at the cinema today.

In my local cinema, there are three rows of nicer seats reserved for VIP ticket holders. Fair enough. However, one woman seemed to think that by buying a VIP ticket, that meant the whole row was hers. She complained loudly and passive aggressively throughout the trailers, outraged that there were other people sitting in her row.

Luckily, one of those people called for an usher, and she was told in no uncertain terms to be quiet or get out, and she actually LEFT. Wow.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: faithlessone on January 04, 2013, 06:09:59 PM ---Bit of a special snowflake at the cinema today.

In my local cinema, there are three rows of nicer seats reserved for VIP ticket holders. Fair enough. However, one woman seemed to think that by buying a VIP ticket, that meant the whole row was hers. She complained loudly and passive aggressively throughout the trailers, outraged that there were other people sitting in her row.

Luckily, one of those people called for an usher, and she was told in no uncertain terms to be quiet or get out, and she actually LEFT. Wow.

--- End quote ---

There's an easy solution to that - see a crappier movie which has already been out a while!  Then you get the theater to yourself!

ladyknight1:
It has been raining in Orlando since yesterday afternoon. This morning, early, with heavy cloud cover and drizzling rain, I simply can't believe the number of drivers on the roads without their headlights on, especially the two in gray cars who were passing on the right and zigzagging through traffic. One extra special SS driver was in the far left lane and suddenly needed to be in the lane four to his right, so he stopped on the expressway in 65mph traffic so he could get over!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version