A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (3890/5648) > >>

Midnight Kitty:

--- Quote from: Yarnspinner on February 08, 2013, 08:05:38 PM ---WE made Thief a member of the newly formed Friends of the Library Committee because THAT would give Thief perspective on stealing.
--- End quote ---
With friends like Thief, who needs enemies? >:D

emwithme:

--- Quote from: Midnight Kitty on February 12, 2013, 07:21:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Yarnspinner on February 08, 2013, 08:05:38 PM ---WE made Thief a member of the newly formed Friends of the Library Committee because THAT would give Thief perspective on stealing.
--- End quote ---
With friends like Thief, who needs enemies? >:D

--- End quote ---

This seems to me as a "It's better to have him on the inside of the tent, peeing out, than the outside peeing in" situation.

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: emwithme on February 13, 2013, 08:56:28 AM ---
This seems to me as a "It's better to have him on the inside of the tent, peeing out, than the outside peeing in" situation.

--- End quote ---

LOL!  Now that's a phrase I've never heard before, but I love it and will have to tuck it away for the future.  I'm reasonably sure that there will be things that come up where the concept will apply.   ;D

Yarnspinner:
Having just come from the trendy expressions thread, all I can say is "ermegard, you guyz!  Stahp!!!!"

1) Condo area is much cleaner and people are complaining less about snow today, thank the powers that be.

2) Thief is still sore about being branded a thief, but he still comes in to use our sole remaining typewriter to...you won't believe it...sit with the books he used to steal and, yes, COPY THEM OUT.  He goes through reams of his own paper and all of our typewriter ribbons...and it's getting harder to find the ones that work with that particular make.  (rolls eyes and prepares to go back to work after really much needed five day break due to blizzard.....)

p.s.  emwithmee, I plan on using your tent expression at the next possible opportunity. 

bansidhe:
I can never understand traffic stories without diagrams, so I made a diagram. I'm in the green car in the second of the double left-turn lanes. Mr. Must Be First In Line is in the yellow car, labeled with an S for Snowflake.

We were all waiting patiently for a chance to turn left - except Mr. MBFIL wasn't so patient. He abruptly cut out of his place in line, nearly clipped my bumper as he squeezed between the two rows of cars, and pulled in front of the blue car, nearly hitting her also. He won himself one whole car length with that maneuver and wound up much further out into the intersection than he should have been, causing problems for oncoming traffic.

Two lights later I saw him stopped at a red right beside me, so it seems the line-cutting didn't save him much time.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version