A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (3929/6617) > >>

Winterlight:

--- Quote from: rose red on February 19, 2013, 12:08:21 PM ---I'm not sure this is special snowflake, but I don't like it.  It's from the website notalwaysworking.  She could have said the situation in her first sentence (or right after the receptionist spoke), but it's like she's deliberately stringing the receptionist along just to make her feel stupid.  The receptionist is not a mind reader.

http://notalwaysworking.com/hopefully-they-get-dental-care-in-heaven/28715

--- End quote ---

I think the OP was rude. The receptionist probably doesn't know your family well enough to know someone has died. A simple, "My stepfather recently died and we wanted to let you know so you can remove him from your system," is perfectly straightforward.

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: Shalamar on February 22, 2013, 09:03:52 AM ---I encountered a SS at the movies the other night.  My husband and I went to see Django Unchained, which - as you may know - is pretty long (it's about 2 hours 45 minutes).  Just as the movie was starting, I crossed my legs, and my foot accidentally brushed the back of the seat in front of me.  And when I say "brushed", I really mean it - I didn't kick it or even tap it.  That didn't stop the seat's owner from turning around and giving me the Glare of Death.

I was paranoid for the 2 hours 45 minutes that followed every time I had to shift position, thinking that I was going to touch his seat again and start a fight.

--- End quote ---

I work with a SS who will scold anyone who touches her chair during a staff meeting/lunch. They are rolling chairs with arms, they are less than two inches apart. It is nigh impossible not to touch your neighbor's chair. I can't wait until she retires.

Virg:
mmswm wrote:

"Yup, my own mother told me I should have just trusted that the other soups weren't made near any tomato products, and god would have protected me."

God did protect you, by giving you the good sense to avoid eating soups of unknown provenance.

Virg

Winterlight:

--- Quote ---"Yup, my own mother told me I should have just trusted that the other soups weren't made near any tomato products, and god would have protected me."
--- End quote ---

I don't think believing in a diety requires me to do something idiotic and potentially deadly. Your mom is- special.

snowdragon:
SS from school yesterday. I need the handicapped stall - as I can not get off the other toilets with out help due to a cast on my leg from the thigh to my ankle .  SO on my way in I stopped in the bathroom to find the stall occupied...not by someone actually using it, not even for changing, but by someone having a phone conversation. Noticing that I was waiting for it, she calls  out " I am going to be a while and if you wait - I'll just be longer!"  This is a small building and this is the only handicapped stall in it.  So I left and came back a half hour later, only to hear her say "Yeah, I am in the bathroom, in the handicapped stall, it's so funny, there's this chick who keeps coming back and I am holding her up!" and then laughed.
  I ended up needing to change my clothes because of her, and she thought this was hysterical.  I don't get it. Luckily most people are not like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version