Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5754619 times)

Virg

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #19965 on: March 11, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »
pharmagal wrote:

"After about 6 weeks of non stop tormenting me with which ever one came out first, let's say Achy Breaky Heart, I grabbed it out of the tape deck, pulled a little of the tape out and threw it out the window."

The difference between you and the person in the story this relates to (and the part that rescues you from SS-itude) is that you'd been forced to listen to it for weeks, presumably after you'd said you didn't like it.  She, on the other hand, did this on one of their first dates, and after a cursory sampling.  That's what makes these stories so different.

The second tossing is even farther from SS because he knew what happened the first time, so he was obviously picking on you because he liked you and fully expected you to defenestrate the irritant.  ;D

Virg
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:21:34 PM by Virg »

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19966 on: March 11, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
....   so he was obviously picking on you because he liked you and fully expected you to defenestrate the irritant.  ;D

Am I the only one here who had to look up the word defenestrate?   ;D

faithlessone

« Reply #19967 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
....   so he was obviously picking on you because he liked you and fully expected you to defenestrate the irritant.  ;D

Gosh, I use that word as often as I possibly can! It's one of my absolute favourites. ;D

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #19968 on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »

Nope, but I'm probably the only one who really likes Billy Ray Cyrus. ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #19969 on: March 11, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »

Gosh, I use that word as often as I possibly can! It's one of my absolute favourites. ;D

Me too... it always thrills me to death that there's a word that specifically means to eject someone via window.  Language is awesome.

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #19970 on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
I love it as well. It does NOT seem like it would mean what it means. It sounds more like a medical term, i.e., "I went to the ER last night with back pain and was diagnosed with a defenestrated kidney." or "The cause of death was defenestration of the spinal cord."

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #19971 on: March 11, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
I love it as well. It does NOT seem like it would mean what it means. It sounds more like a medical term, i.e., "I went to the ER last night with back pain and was diagnosed with a defenestrated kidney." or "The cause of death was defenestration of the spinal cord."

Well, to be fair that probably would kill you...

Coruscation

« Reply #19972 on: March 11, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
Then she decides that the asthma medication is making her heart race, so she takes her dad's heart medication (despite she herself not having a heart condition).

To be fair, it probably was. They gave me ventolin which is asthma medication to slow my labour and I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. Its a very unpleasant sensation. It started immediately and wore off in a couple of hours so I am picturing her popping handfuls of pills to treat side effects. Like Kirk in the new Trek movie.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:35:38 PM by Coruscation »

bloo

« Reply #19973 on: March 11, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »

I got really excited that I didn't have to look it up since, to me, it's fairly obscure.

An extinct forum I used to like going to had a member that PM'd me that he'd like to 'defenestrate' me. So I copied-n-pasted to dictionary.com and realized it wasn't something kind or helpful! ::)

Snooks

« Reply #19974 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »

One of my favourite TV facts is that every episode of Due South contained an incident of defenestration.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #19975 on: March 11, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

One of my favourite TV facts is that every episode of Due South contained an incident of defenestration.

So every installation had an allocation of demonstration of the application of defenestration?  For education, or did it depend on the situation?

diesel_darlin

« Reply #19976 on: March 11, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

So every installation had an allocation of demonstration of the application of defenestration?  For education, or did it depend on the situation?

Oh how I love you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dawnfire

« Reply #19977 on: March 11, 2013, 08:24:10 PM »
Oh man, I hate that song.  That was popular when I was in middle school and our gym teacher apparently loved it because during our square dance unit she'd have us dance to that song over and over. 

I do however love the Weird Al Version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJWWKj_wptY

I'm another one that hates that song but there are some lovely songs on the album such as the the title track "some gave all" not a song a song that would get on the pop charts (which i think was their intention when releasing "achy breaky")

Nikko-chan

« Reply #19978 on: March 11, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
before we get back to the snowflakes, i am going to confess something to y'all. I own the tape with achy breaky and some gave all on it...

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #19979 on: March 11, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »

I love that word - or I should say Snarky and Evil love that word.

They just threatened the embroidery machine (and there's a cement driveway under the second story sewing room - they could DO IT, easily) if she didn't start behaving herself and embroider properly.  SHE just came back from a three week stay at the sewing & embroidery machine spa!  Snarky and Evil had plans and the spa trip took priority on the budget.

That was cases of chocolate bunnies (especially if you wait until the day after Easter)!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?