A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (4028/6346) > >>

TomatoBunny:

--- Quote from: mmswm on March 23, 2013, 02:40:20 PM ---Oh, yeah.  EvilMe wanted to do exactly that, especially since I drive a tiny little civic and hadn't pulled all the way forward (but the back end of my car was still completely in the spot) and this woman was driving a full sized Cadillac. If I'd left my cart near where the front of my own car was, she'd have never been able to get her car completely in the spot without either having to get out and move the cart, or bumping into the cart and potentially causing damage to both her car and the other vehicles that were in the area.

--- End quote ---

I have found that "little things" like fitting into the space properly doesn't stop people from parking there anyway. Every time I go out, I always find some vehicle with the back end overhanging the space. Usually it's a foot or two overhanging, but on my last trip to the grocery, I found the worst offender yet and practically 1/3-1/2 of the vehicle was not pulled into the space. The aisle was wide enough for two cars to pass each other, but with this vehicle sticking out so far, it was reduced to a one lane aisle. It was ridiculous.

IrishGenes:

--- Quote from: wonderfullyanonymous on March 23, 2013, 10:30:22 PM ---Came across 3 SS walking down the middle of the road this morning. They were walking next to each other, and didn't have the common decency to move over so we could go around them. They did break into a trot, but that really didn't fix the problem.

Finally, one ran off the edge of the road, and the other 2 flew in different directions. Darn, turkeys, you'd think they would have better manners. No, really, they really were turkeys.

--- End quote ---

I haven't had all my coffee yet this morning, so I had to re-read this before I understood it.  Then I laughed.  Loud!  ;D

Barney girl:

--- Quote from: wonderfullyanonymous on March 23, 2013, 10:30:22 PM ---Came across 3 SS walking down the middle of the road this morning. They were walking next to each other, and didn't have the common decency to move over so we could go around them. They did break into a trot, but that really didn't fix the problem.

Finally, one ran off the edge of the road, and the other 2 flew in different directions. Darn, turkeys, you'd think they would have better manners. No, really, they really were turkeys.

--- End quote ---

They're probably friends with the pheasant I met a while back. I must have followed it at least quarter of a mile down a narrow lane as it ran ahead of me. It was too thick to turn off into the side, or wild suggestion, use its wings to get out of the way.
The situation was resolved when the road turned at right angles and it kept straight on.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: IrishGenes on March 24, 2013, 08:42:07 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I haven't had all my coffee yet this morning, so I had to re-read this before I understood it.  Then I laughed.  Loud!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Turkeys are silly. I was once on my way to my parents, and traffic had come to a stop on a busy road. at first glance, it looked like two cars, going in the opposite direction, had stopped to chat. Which really woudl have been an SS move. As I was able to move up a smidge, i realized there were turkeys in the middle of the road, and a woman in a car going the other way was leaning out of her window, clapping her hands and yelling at them.

They finally did, and then the darn turkeys chased her car! i was laughing so hard i almost had to pull over!

Adelaide:
There is a girl at my school who refuses to be wrong. She'll stone-wall you over anything, even if it's something stupid. The other day someone mentioned that there were three Hunger Games books as she was saying "No, there's four." She had an entire table of people telling her that she was wrong, and she would not back down. I finally googled them and showed her. After pausing for a minute and staring at me, she proceeded to explain that she thought there were four because one of the movies is getting split into two parts. NEVER admitted that she was wrong. And it's always stupid stuff, stuff that we'd feel embarrassed arguing with her about because it's so petty. But if you tell her she's wrong, she'll just pause and give you The Look like you're a total idiot. Someone said they thought she'd be a great lawyer because she refused to back down, but I think that she'll be a terrible one if she can't spot the weaknesses in her own argument, because opposing counsel sure will be able to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version