A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (4111/5275) > >>

NyaChan:

--- Quote from: kherbert05 on April 21, 2013, 08:48:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: weeblewobble on April 21, 2013, 06:53:26 PM ---
After church, I mentioned to DH that it would have been better if one of our ushers approached the family and asked them to take the baby to the quiet room.  DH said that would be unkind and could turn that whole family away from attending the church.  I said OK, but what about Emily and her family, who we've all known for years?  Shouldn't we be concerned about their feelings, too?  I called the baby's family special snowflakes.  DH said they weren't, and maybe the mother was just nervous about leaving the baby in the baby nursery.  I said that would be fine, she could still go to the quiet room out of consideration to the rest of the congregation - even if there wasn't important ceremony going on.  It's polite to take a baby out of a quiet setting when he or she is crying.  He says that's not very welcoming.

So what say you?

--- End quote ---
They should have moved the child to the quiet room. When they didn't either the ushers or the minister should have told them to take the child out. I hope at the very least the minister or someone from the church makes it clear in the future crying babies should be removed.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this.  If they are asked politely and kindly to have someone take the child outside until the child has calmed down, there is no reason why they should have their feelings hurt or feel unwelcome. 

snowdragon:
I LOVE "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and listen to the soundtrack once a month, even not around halloween. Yesterday was one of those days. I had it one while I cleaned out my car - not loudly but enough that I could hear it as I cleaned and I had one door at a time as I moved around the car.  So I was leaned over fishing stuff out from under the seats and I hear "Excuse Me, You NEED to turn that off right now."  I stood up, turned around and found myself nosetonose with a woman I had never seen before. She repeated that I needed to turn the cd off.  I refused and turned around to clean  again.  She started again with 'That's a Christmas CD, you need not to have that where my kid can hear it - it's NOT Christmas. I am her mother and *I* decide what she can hear and when, not you."  I finally told her that if she did not like what I was listening too, she could leave my property because I was not turning it off. I was fairly sure that if she left my driveway and even went to wherever she and the kid had been walking too, they would not hear if once past my property line.
  When I refused and told her to leave she pounded her fist so hard that I was afraid the car trunk would be dented ( it wasn't) and told me that I was "going to ruin the magic of Christmas for her kid by listening to Christmas music this time of year."
  I still don't know who the heck she was. I don't want to , either.

NyaChan:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on April 21, 2013, 08:54:58 PM ---I LOVE "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and listen to the soundtrack once a month, even not around halloween. Yesterday was one of those days. I had it one while I cleaned out my car - not loudly but enough that I could hear it as I cleaned and I had one door at a time as I moved around the car.  So I was leaned over fishing stuff out from under the seats and I hear "Excuse Me, You NEED to turn that off right now."  I stood up, turned around and found myself nosetonose with a woman I had never seen before. She repeated that I needed to turn the cd off.  I refused and turned around to clean  again.  She started again with 'That's a Christmas CD, you need not to have that where my kid can hear it - it's NOT Christmas. I am her mother and *I* decide what she can hear and when, not you."  I finally told her that if she did not like what I was listening too, she could leave my property because I was not turning it off. I was fairly sure that if she left my driveway and even went to wherever she and the kid had been walking too, they would not hear if once past my property line.
  When I refused and told her to leave she pounded her fist so hard that I was afraid the car trunk would be dented ( it wasn't) and told me that I was "going to ruin the magic of Christmas for her kid by listening to Christmas music this time of year."

--- End quote ---

:o :o :o ...what?  Life truly is stranger than fiction lol

andi:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on April 21, 2013, 08:54:58 PM ---I LOVE "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and listen to the soundtrack once a month, even not around halloween. Yesterday was one of those days. I had it one while I cleaned out my car - not loudly but enough that I could hear it as I cleaned and I had one door at a time as I moved around the car.  So I was leaned over fishing stuff out from under the seats and I hear "Excuse Me, You NEED to turn that off right now."  I stood up, turned around and found myself nosetonose with a woman I had never seen before. She repeated that I needed to turn the cd off.  I refused and turned around to clean  again.  She started again with 'That's a Christmas CD, you need not to have that where my kid can hear it - it's NOT Christmas. I am her mother and *I* decide what she can hear and when, not you."  I finally told her that if she did not like what I was listening too, she could leave my property because I was not turning it off. I was fairly sure that if she left my driveway and even went to wherever she and the kid had been walking too, they would not hear if once past my
property line.
  When I refused and told her to leave she pounded her fist so hard that I was afraid the car trunk
would be dented ( it wasn't) and told me that I was "going to ruin the magic of Christmas for her kid
by listening to Christmas music this time of year."

--- End quote ---

Wow - I toght that was going to go in a totally different direction. Something along thelines of "scaring my child with 'evil Halloween'", whichnwhat happened to a friend of mine in a similar incident

Mediancat:
-- and you decided what you listen to, not her. Since you weren't blaring it loudly enough that people half a block away could hear it, it was none of her business.

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version