Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5527293 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #20775 on: May 01, 2013, 04:39:26 AM »
This is possibly worse than a snowflake, but I don't think we've got a "complete failure of humanity" thread going, so here I am.

I just read a post on another forum I follow. **Trigger warning for discussion of suicide**

Short form: the poster's friend was harassed by other World of Warcraft players, both in and out of game, to the point where she killed herself. Some... upright biped... made a new level 1 character for the sole purpose of being anonymous when they sent a private message to the poster, saying they heard her friend had committed suicide, they would too if they had to spend time around the poster, and they hoped it was painful.

I have no words, except that I really, REALLY hope she reported them, and that Blizzard banhammers them so hard that their grandchildren aren't allowed to make WoW accounts.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:07:49 AM by Mel the Redcap »
"Set aphasia to stun!"

StarFaerie

« Reply #20776 on: May 01, 2013, 05:12:00 AM »
This is possibly worse than a snowflake, but I don't think we've got a "complete failure of humanity" thread going, so here I am.

I just read a post on another forum I follow. **Trigger warning for discussion of suicide**

Short form: the poster's friend was harassed by other World of Warcraft players, both in and out of game, to the point where she killed herself. Some... upright biped... made a new level 1 character for the sole purpose of being anonymous when they sent a private message to the poster, saying they heard her friend had committed suicide, they would too if they had to spend time around the poster, and they hoped it was painful.

I have no words, except that I really, REALLY hope she reported them, and that Blizzard banhammers them so hard that their grandchildren aren't allowed to make WoW accounts.  >:(

That's totally disgusting. People like that don't deserve to be given internet access.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #20777 on: May 01, 2013, 05:13:50 AM »
Unfortunately, MMOs are full of them. I hate starting a new character on TOR as I seem to attract them.

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #20778 on: May 01, 2013, 06:53:23 AM »
http://cheezburger.com/7347174144

The jist of this...

Some one leaves a note tapped to a neighbors mail box, telling them they are taking there visitors parking and to, "put my name on the visitors permit because it's MINE now."
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #20779 on: May 01, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »
At which point I would have building management either boot it, or tow it at snowflake's expense.

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #20780 on: May 01, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »
No license or registration and parked in a location belonging to someone else?  Oh, I'm betting the local authorities will be all too happy to impound this illegally parked vehicle... >:D
Those fines do add up!

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #20781 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:41 AM »
Just saw an SS on a motor bike going down the footpath next to a shopping centre while I was walking home. I just stood and stared, and the idiot had a personalised easily memorisable number plate. So I went I to the TAB, the nearest shop, and asked if the teller could call security.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #20782 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
My SS next door neighbour parks his motorbike on the pavement.

Isilleke

« Reply #20783 on: May 01, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »

Actually that could be legal. I know it used to be legal over here, if there is 1,5 meter left over for the pedestrians and they are talking about making it legal again.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20784 on: May 01, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
The people who stop in the middle of the street and honk repeatedly till the person they're picking up comes out of their house.  It's annoying at any part of the day, but especially when they do it after 8.  Park the dingdangity car, get out and go to the door.  If they have time to sit there and honk repeatedly, they have the time to go up to the darned door, for pity's sake!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #20785 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »

Actually that could be legal. I know it used to be legal over here, if there is 1,5 meter left over for the pedestrians and they are talking about making it legal again.

I don't think the pavement is even 1.5m wide.  It comes under an "obstruction" offence.

LadyDyani

• Freelance Editor
« Reply #20786 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
The people who stop in the middle of the street and honk repeatedly till the person they're picking up comes out of their house.  It's annoying at any part of the day, but especially when they do it after 8.  Park the dingdangity car, get out and go to the door.  If they have time to sit there and honk repeatedly, they have the time to go up to the darned door, for pity's sake!

Oohoohooh!  I've got a couple. 

The ones who park in the drop off area at the school, so they can hang out with their kids for a while.  You don't do that!  You pull up, kick your kids out of the car, and leave.  You don't park and hang out until your kids' friends get there!  There are parking spaces less than 20 yards from where you've parked!  Use those if you insist on staying!

And one I spotted this morning, while I was at the stop sign to pull out of the drop off area:  You do not - DO NOT - stop in the middle of a busy street and let your kids out of the car there.  Pull into the drop off area!
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20787 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:31 AM »

After church, I mentioned to DH that it would have been better if one of our ushers approached the family and asked them to take the baby to the quiet room.  DH said that would be unkind and could turn that whole family away from attending the church.  I said OK, but what about Emily and her family, who we've all known for years?  Shouldn't we be concerned about their feelings, too?  I called the baby's family special snowflakes.  DH said they weren't, and maybe the mother was just nervous about leaving the baby in the baby nursery.  I said that would be fine, she could still go to the quiet room out of consideration to the rest of the congregation - even if there wasn't important ceremony going on.  It's polite to take a baby out of a quiet setting when he or she is crying.  He says that's not very welcoming.

So what say you?
They should have moved the child to the quiet room. When they didn't either the ushers or the minister should have told them to take the child out. I hope at the very least the minister or someone from the church makes it clear in the future crying babies should be removed.

I agree with this.  If they are asked politely and kindly to have someone take the child outside until the child has calmed down, there is no reason why they should have their feelings hurt or feel unwelcome.

And if they did get their feelings hurt or feel unwelcome, then they may not be the right fit for this particular church community. Asking someone to take a disruptive child away from a solemn ceremony is not, in any way, shape or form, out of line. If a simple request to respect the rest of the community puts their knickers in a twist, what else will they do?

Oh, the stories I could tell about entitled parents and screaming kids in a church...

I guess i have an awesome church because just the other day the pastor's  daughter who is like 2 was at the service with the pastor's wife. She (daugther) was making babbly 2 year old sounds...no problem...but when the babbly turned into constant almost whinyness then whhhhoooosh the pastor's wife whisked her out of there.  Perfect balance of babies "making a joyful noise" and disturbing the sermon.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20788 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »

I hate this. There's someone who picks up someone else in my complex, and they will sit there and honk. when the apt can't even see out to where the car is, so no way of knowing who is actually honking! is someone is picking me up, i am outside waiting for them

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #20789 on: May 01, 2013, 09:24:40 AM »
We have an area near a classroom building that has a very narrow one way lane allowing people to get to the disabled parking and official vehicle parking. There are signs stating no stopping/standing/parking/drop-offs there, because there is no way around. The only way for people dropping off others to get back out involves pulling into a disabled parking space (where they need a permit) to turn around. It was so bad the last three weeks of this semester, I wish the police would issue tickets for all the people dropping off! Bad enough already, but they seem to take their time getting out of the car, saying goodbye, and giving departing hugs.