Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5521815 times)

Pen^2

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21120 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
Other things she's said indicate she would be more than eligible for several hundred dollars per week of CenterLink money (welfare). A pregnant woman unable to work due to health complications? She already fits the requirements for three different CentreLink schemes, and that's without knowing any further details of her personal life (through which she may be eligible for more). More than enough for food, petrol, bills, and doctors (where everything she describes is basically entirely covered with Medicare, so it wouldn't dig into her budget). Oh, and if you get any one payment from CentreLink, you are automatically able to get Rent Assist, which is what it sounds like.

So her going on about how she can't afford to pay her bills and having to pay before being allowed to see the doctor is very much made up so that people who don't know how the system works in Australia will give her pity money. It doesn't add up even closely to what the truth would be.

It's disgusting.

She picked up on people giving her sympathy at her first story (which may have been entirely made up, given how obviously her second one is full of it), and is trying to use the same scheme to get money. Sick.

Back on topic: I was at a restaurant last night, where a guy at the table next door ordered steak. He then got upset when he found out half-way through that steak isn't vegetarian (the menu described it as coming from beef very specifically and obviously). I think he was trying to be vegetarian but didn't understand what it entailed. The poor waiter. We were extra nice to him (it's rude to tip here) and put in a good word for how well he withstood the idiotic abuse.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #21121 on: May 21, 2013, 07:28:15 AM »
I have a mind to join that board and point out how she is fraudulently playing on people's sympathies, but I won't. She's not the first, nor the last, fraudulent mummy blogger.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21122 on: May 21, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that story rang a bit false.  I can't see an OB worth their salt turning someone down in that situation.

Both of the stories rang false to me, honestly.

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
« Reply #21123 on: May 21, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
The neighbours AGAIN at 4am having a party with bottle throwing, screaming, swearing, constant DOOFDOOFDOOF techno and revving cars. They finally conked out at 6am but there is glass again all over the road.

I called in a noise complaint but the local cop shop is closed :/ so I call the other number of the cop shop that is meant to cover them when they are closed and I get the 'sorry but it's not considered an emergency so nothing can be done. Call you local police station during business hours and lodge a noise complaint' WE HAVE, the WHOLE BLEEPING STREET HAS. REPEATEDLY. They throw these parties BECAUSE the local police station is closed and YOU won't do a dingdangity thing about it!! They are fighting in the middle of the road with beer bottles dodging cars and it's not worth a call out?!? Yeesh. No street lights on this road too so the combative drunk girls that keeps lying in the road off her tree smoking weed will be flattened one day.

I know these partiers, are not getting there lease renewed and from the gossip around town they have been blackballed by all other rental places, jobs at the major factories and banned from all the pubs because they pissed off everyone within 2 blocks from their partying and behaviour. Small town, behave like a *&@# and you WILL pay a penalty. From the gossip this is their MO, move to a new town where no one knows their reputation then eventually get chased out. 6 months to go.

What gets me is the original ringleader who was one of the first renters and actually got booted from the house because everyone he lived with was sick of him being such a callous donkey rear and the constant partying. Since he has been unoffically 'banned' from so many places in so many towns he comes back to the only place he can party because his old flat mates are too wimpy to say go away. The group in there are not actually bad kids, just a little loud on occasion until donkey rear shows up and starts the fighting and parties. Their reputation is ruined here though and even if they turn themselves around they have been tarred.

Maybe it's because I'm a jerk, but I'd be likely to call the tip-line of the sleaziest local news outlet in your area. The one that specializes in high-powered, gotcha-style journalism.

I'd bet they'll jump all over a story about a local police department that doesn't provide 24/7 services and their designated backup who refuses to respond to multiple disorderly conduct calls.  When I was a 911 dispatcher, that call would have been considered relatively high priority (not quite as high as a robbery-in-progress, but still high enough to get a lights & siren response).

I don't think the OP lives in the US.  I may be wrong so please correct me if that's the case

I'm in Australia, fairly rural. There is really only 1 newstation here and they won't go for it (so an unconfirmed rumour goes). The police are usually pretty good it's just that this party house know and work when the police are not available knowing that no one will stop them. I do know instead of getting verbal or written warnings now they are getting some heavy duty fines which is wiping out their finances so they can't party as often as they would like. The police are fed up but it is insanely difficult and a very, very long time to get someone booted from a house for being donkeys' rears so we are trying to wait them out. If the owner of the property doesn't put in a behaviour clause in for the next tenants I will be very surprised.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #21124 on: May 21, 2013, 07:45:02 AM »
Try A Current Affair or Today Tonight, they feed on this sort of stuff.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21125 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:02 AM »
Nominating my co-worker.

We do not have assigned parking spaces at work. Parking is first come, first served. Those of us who get here before 8:00 a.m. have our pick of pretty much whatever parking spot we want, since there are maybe 3 of us who are here around that time and we tend to park in the same spots every day. I do it because it helps me remember where I parked as our lot is pretty big, but I don't mind parking elsewhere if I have to.

Well, one of the other early arriving co-workers has determined that the spot she parks in every day is HER spot, and becomes very upset if someone else happens to park in it. We had someone new start, who also gets here before 8:00, who parked in co-worker's favorite spot one day. Co-worker actually confronted her about it and told her to stop parking there, because it's HER spot and NO ONE ELSE can park in it, and it's VERY RUDE to park in HER SPOT. New person just shrugged and started parking elsewhere.

We are having construction going on to fix some bad storm damage to the facade of the building. A construction worker parked in co-worker's self-proclaimed spot one morning. Co-worker seethed about it all day, and as soon as the construction worker left for lunch, she ran outside and moved her car back to "her" spot and then gloated about how the construction worker had to park somewhere else when he got back.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #21126 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that story rang a bit false.  I can't see an OB worth their salt turning someone down in that situation.

Am I the only one wondering if she's even pregnant?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21127 on: May 21, 2013, 08:17:52 AM »

Nope!! 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #21128 on: May 21, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »
Nominating my co-worker.

We do not have assigned parking spaces at work. Parking is first come, first served. Those of us who get here before 8:00 a.m. have our pick of pretty much whatever parking spot we want, since there are maybe 3 of us who are here around that time and we tend to park in the same spots every day. I do it because it helps me remember where I parked as our lot is pretty big, but I don't mind parking elsewhere if I have to.

Well, one of the other early arriving co-workers has determined that the spot she parks in every day is HER spot, and becomes very upset if someone else happens to park in it. We had someone new start, who also gets here before 8:00, who parked in co-worker's favorite spot one day. Co-worker actually confronted her about it and told her to stop parking there, because it's HER spot and NO ONE ELSE can park in it, and it's VERY RUDE to park in HER SPOT. New person just shrugged and started parking elsewhere.

We are having construction going on to fix some bad storm damage to the facade of the building. A construction worker parked in co-worker's self-proclaimed spot one morning. Co-worker seethed about it all day, and as soon as the construction worker left for lunch, she ran outside and moved her car back to "her" spot and then gloated about how the construction worker had to park somewhere else when he got back.

That is very SS. I hope someone informs her that there is no assigned parking!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21129 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Nominating my co-worker.

We've told her there's no assigned parking, but she still gets bent out of shape if someone parks in "her" spot. She was ranting to me about it one day and said "well, wouldn't you be mad if you got here and someone else had parked in your spot?" I told her "I don't have a spot. I park in the same place if I can, but they're not assigned and I can't get mad at someone for parking in that space if they want to."

MissRose

« Reply #21130 on: May 21, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »
I would love to have a spot close to the building easy to get in and out of marked as mine but I don't.   Unless the SS has her name painted on the spot and a sign saying Super SS co-worker parking spot only, then people can park in any normal non disabled spot that they wish.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21131 on: May 21, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »

Nope!!

I have several problems with this too. 

First of all, IME, people don't stand in line that way at a medical office.  You sign in and sit down.  To preserve confidentiality, patients are called to the window in turn to make their co-pays and discuss matters such as payment.

I also can't see the staff of a medical practice acting this way or an ethical OB not making an exception when the situation appears to be a near-emergency.

The OP has a Blog.  These amazing dramas make me wonder if she's trying together contributions from readers to help her pitiful condition. 

Stranger things have happened.   

Cami

« Reply #21132 on: May 21, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
Nominating my co-worker.

We've told her there's no assigned parking, but she still gets bent out of shape if someone parks in "her" spot. She was ranting to me about it one day and said "well, wouldn't you be mad if you got here and someone else had parked in your spot?" I told her "I don't have a spot. I park in the same place if I can, but they're not assigned and I can't get mad at someone for parking in that space if they want to."
Reminds me of those SS pious people who can't worship in church unless they are in "their" pew. I once saw a couple come up and castigate a newcomer for daring to sit in "their" spot. Needless to say that newcomer never returned.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #21133 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:32 AM »
Oh, no. Our early morning service is very traditional, with the old guard present and they all have "their" own pew. One of the reasons I stepped down from being in our choir is the old guard and their strong dislike of anything (songs, movements, instrumentals) that wasn't done in the 1960's.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21134 on: May 21, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
I have a mind to join that board and point out how she is fraudulently playing on people's sympathies, but I won't. She's not the first, nor the last, fraudulent mummy blogger.

I went to the site and found a contact form, which I used to notify them of the possible scam along with a link to this particular page. Whether they do anything about it is up to them, but at least they know of our discussion.

You linked this Ehell page?  Posters have done similar things in the past, and it doesn't work out so well for us here.  It brings a lot of riff raff and trolls to our forum.