Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5522028 times)

Shalamar

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21135 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
He then got upset when he found out half-way through that steak isn't vegetarian.

Huh?  He thought steak was vegetarian?  :o

Jones

« Reply #21136 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
He then got upset when he found out half-way through that steak isn't vegetarian.

To be fair, the cow was vegetarian, and that may have confused him...

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #21137 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »

http://youtu.be/viUon8EY0Rs?t=36s Some NSFW language, but super funny.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Jocelyn

« Reply #21138 on: May 21, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »
Reminds me of those SS pious people who can't worship in church unless they are in "their" pew. I once saw a couple come up and castigate a newcomer for daring to sit in "their" spot. Needless to say that newcomer never returned.
I was an usher in a church where the pastor's mother did this. All the ushers were instructed to let newcomers know that- with a 'poor dear' tone of voice. People just accepted that she was a bit 'off'.  But if anyone else had tried it, they would have been instructed to get there earlier next time. ;)

Amara

« Reply #21139 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
You linked this Ehell page?  Posters have done similar things in the past, and it doesn't work out so well for us here.  It brings a lot of riff raff and trolls to our forum. 

Oh, I didn't know that. I sent them another email asking them to keep the link private to the moderators and never refer to it. I am so sorry!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:41:38 AM by Amara »

Hillia

« Reply #21140 on: May 21, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »

Reminds me of a yelp review I saw for an old diner in Denver. The place is down in an industrial area on the edge of downtown, catering heavily to blue collar workers/truckers.  Not a trendy or particularly modern place, but the food was good.  The yelp reviewer was outraged that the spread for the toast was margarine, not real butter, and that when his girlfriend ordered the pork salsa burrito, there was no vegan option available.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

darling

« Reply #21141 on: May 21, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
I have a mind to join that board and point out how she is fraudulently playing on people's sympathies, but I won't. She's not the first, nor the last, fraudulent mummy blogger.

I went to the site and found a contact form, which I used to notify them of the possible scam along with a link to this particular page. Whether they do anything about it is up to them, but at least they know of our discussion.

You linked this Ehell page?  Posters have done similar things in the past, and it doesn't work out so well for us here.  It brings a lot of riff raff and trolls to our forum.

I read the CS boards pretty frequently. She did remove several links in her sig that had pointed to her fund-raising stuff, and left only her blog link. I'm not sure if she's for real or not, and have not donated anything, but my gut tells me that it could be real, even if some of the SC stories are embellished.

As far as I understand it, she and her husband are at that line between needing assistance, but having too much income from her husband's job to qualify. This isn't something she just recently started posting about. She's shared info from the beginning about her complications, and apparently was active on those boards before this pregnancy (with a break due to other medical issues, IIRC).

At the end of the day, we can't know for certain if this is a scam or a legitimate plea for help, as we don't know this individual personally.

Hazmat

• This Veteran is heavily medicated for your protection
  • How can I miss you if you won't go away?
    • Chronus Is Latin For Time
« Reply #21142 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »

Well, cows are vegetarian, right? :D
A guest is a jewel on the cushion of hospitality. -Nero Wolfe

Indiana

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #21143 on: May 21, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »

Well, cows are vegetarian, right? :D

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21144 on: May 21, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
I'm reminded of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", when Toula's aunt is told that Ian is a vegetarian and what a shock is sent through the room when she exclaims "What do you mean, he no eat no MEAT?" Then she says "That's okay, I make lamb!"

That always tickles me as it's not like the Greeks don't have plenty of food that's vegetarian friendly so I can't imagine it would be all that hard for a vegetarian to find something to eat in a Greek restaurant.  Like spanakopita which is DH's favorite.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shalamar

« Reply #21145 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Hee.  That reminds me of Scott Pilgrim Versus the World, when Brandon Routh is outed by the Vegan Police.

"You were eating gelato!"
"Gelato isn't vegan?"
"Milk and eggs, (name for female dog)!"

My daughter is a vegan, so we use that quote quite a bit.  :D

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #21146 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Hee.  That reminds me of Scott Pilgrim Versus the World, when Brandon Routh is outed by the Vegan Police.

"You were eating gelato!"
"Gelato isn't vegan?"
"Milk and eggs, (name for female dog)!"

My daughter is a vegan, so we use that quote quite a bit.  :D
That's actually the clip I posted...I like the next few lines more.  >:D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Carotte

« Reply #21147 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
Well, getting my driving licence won't be too hard if I can do like the donkey-behing I encountered today.
SS must have never learned how a crosswalk works, that pedestrians have the right of way, even more when there is no signal. Donkey behind saw me crossing and must have thought he was right and all mighty to keep charging at me while laying on his horn. Had I had been sure he wouldn't go out of his vehicle to harass me (and quite frankly someone who does what he did doesn't give out a terribly good vibe  ::)) I would have stopped in the middle of the crosswalk until he stopped.
As it is I had time to cross at a normal speed without him slowing down, so I just muttered under my breath.
I wish he would have done that yesterday, there was a police officer just beside that crosswalk.

Shalamar

« Reply #21148 on: May 21, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
Ooops, sorry, I didn't play the clip because I'm at work, so I didn't realize I was repeating the joke.  :)

On a related note, I was a bit of an SS myself last week.  My co-worker buddy was showing off his lunch.  "It's vegan," he said.  Interested, I asked "What's in it?"  "Cheese, eggs ... "  Whereupon I did the obnoxious "EHHHHHH!" buzzer noise. 

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #21149 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
Ooops, sorry, I didn't play the clip because I'm at work, so I didn't realize I was repeating the joke.  :)

On a related note, I was a bit of an SS myself last week.  My co-worker buddy, who tends to be a bit of a know-it-all, was showing off his lunch.  "It's vegan," he said.  Interested, I asked "What's in it?"  "Cheese, eggs ... "  Whereupon I did the obnoxious "EHHHHHH!" buzzer noise.
:o