Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5749822 times)

NyaChan

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21525 on: June 10, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »

fountainof

« Reply #21526 on: June 10, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
I went everywhere before DD was born so I could see being in a theatre.  I personally wouldn't have asked for a refund, I just wouldn't be bothered by the $20 loss.  If my water broke I would have or DH would have offered to clean it up.  For most people, water breaking doesn't not mean going to the hospital immediately.  My water broke at home and I stayed home for about 5-6 hours after until contractions were stronger. I was able to shower, etc. as well.

That said, I worked at a theatre for years, I would have given the refund just for business image.  It is bad for business if customers have negative stories.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #21527 on: June 10, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Here's a NSFW snowflake.  :o

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/taylor-chapman-dunkin-donuts-viral-video-856341

That's really horrible.  Just plain awful.

That lever of racism isn't even NSFW... it's Not Safe For Mealtime.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #21528 on: June 10, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
Here's one from notalwaysrelated.com that shows how standing up to a special snowflake can have fantastic consequences  ;D

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #21529 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
How could that woman not being involved means she misses her daughters wedding? That's just...

snappylt

« Reply #21530 on: June 10, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »

Maybe you can plant some tall, leafy bushes along the side of your house this summer.
Actually we are across the street from each other. But we had a conversation. It turned out well

Neighbor - Um Did I storm over here and yell at you a couple of days ago

Me - yes

Neighbor Sorry about that - sometimes if I'm jolted awake I don't fully wake up and I sort of sleep walk. I wasn't sure if I had or if I had just had a dream I did.

Me- Laughing we might be related (I have a long history of bizarre conversations after being started out of sleep. At least one time involved me leaving the house coming back and not realizing it till a neighbor said something.)

Further conversation revealed she thought I was playing very loud music before I left. That is a different car and they leave a couple minutes before me. She is going try a fan or white noise machine.

Ah!  A reasonable person, after all!  What a good outcome.

alkira6

« Reply #21531 on: June 10, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »

Coralreef

« Reply #21532 on: June 10, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »
How could that woman not being involved means she misses her daughters wedding? That's just...

Talk about control freak.  If the happy couple is paying, no one has a say until invited to do so. 

[/right

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #21533 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »
It sounds like they are doing a *great* job of setting boundaries and holding to them, though.  I bet that sister won't take any guff when she has little ones, and won't hesitate to deny privileges to her mom (if the mom even gets any to begin with) to make sure the mom follows her rules for the baby.  She's also setting a great example for her sister, the OP, in how to manage things, and that the world will NOT come to an end if the mom throws a fit.  Good for her!

PeterM

« Reply #21534 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/taylor-chapman-dunkin-donuts-viral-video-856341

The most amazing part, to me, is that this idiot apparently thought everyone in the world would be on her side when the video hit the web. The Dunkin Donuts worker may - or may not, let's be honest - have forgotten to give her her receipt, which gives her a minor but legitimate gripe. But in her mind it justified a vile, racist rant and she honestly thought she'd be the hero of the recording. Who thinks like that?

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #21535 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »

RE: Dunkin' Idiot

How does not getting a receipt entitle you to ANYTHING but a warm fuzzy feeling that you saved paper?

Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #21536 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »

...another reason the day went smoothly?

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21537 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »

...another reason the day went smoothly?

LOL!   ;) :) :D ;D

MyFamily

« Reply #21538 on: June 11, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »

There are so many things wrong with this, but I'm just amused at her comment about how she knows how they are going to ruin her food in disgusting ways, so she won't eat it; and therefore she's going to give it to her boyfriend to eat....um, wow, in so many ways I feel bad for the guy.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #21539 on: June 11, 2013, 04:21:17 AM »
I'm just learning about this, though it happened a few years ago.  Its more of a religious spat than anything.

Apparently, some of the local churches part of a certain diocese felt like the main body of the Church was neglecting their spiritual needs and leading everyone on a path to sin and misconduct.  Okay, fine with them, I have no problem.  Their religion is their own bit.

The special part?  The deacon realigned the diocese with a South American one, without proper council, for churches that the former branch they had split from still owned the land and buildings to, and converted them to their new religious alignment.

They also, again, tried aligning with the South American diocese, which refused to acknowledge them as being a part of their group, because they only allow some South American countries in, and in neither way California, let alone Pittsburgh, a part of South America proper.

This is a real headache, and its just settling in court.  Of course, this means without a proper alignment, they had no head from the Archbishop of Canterbury...

(One of them was a former church of mine.  Hence, the interest.)