Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5263914 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #21540 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »
How could that woman not being involved means she misses her daughters wedding? That's just...

...another reason the day went smoothly?

LOL!   ;) :) :D ;D

MyFamily

« Reply #21541 on: June 11, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »
Here's a NSFW snowflake.  :o

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/taylor-chapman-dunkin-donuts-viral-video-856341

There are so many things wrong with this, but I'm just amused at her comment about how she knows how they are going to ruin her food in disgusting ways, so she won't eat it; and therefore she's going to give it to her boyfriend to eat....um, wow, in so many ways I feel bad for the guy.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #21542 on: June 11, 2013, 04:21:17 AM »
I'm just learning about this, though it happened a few years ago.  Its more of a religious spat than anything.

Apparently, some of the local churches part of a certain diocese felt like the main body of the Church was neglecting their spiritual needs and leading everyone on a path to sin and misconduct.  Okay, fine with them, I have no problem.  Their religion is their own bit.

The special part?  The deacon realigned the diocese with a South American one, without proper council, for churches that the former branch they had split from still owned the land and buildings to, and converted them to their new religious alignment.

They also, again, tried aligning with the South American diocese, which refused to acknowledge them as being a part of their group, because they only allow some South American countries in, and in neither way California, let alone Pittsburgh, a part of South America proper.

This is a real headache, and its just settling in court.  Of course, this means without a proper alignment, they had no head from the Archbishop of Canterbury...

(One of them was a former church of mine.  Hence, the interest.)

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21543 on: June 11, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
How could that woman not being involved means she misses her daughters wedding? That's just...

Talk about control freak.  If the happy couple is paying, no one has a say until invited to do so.

My MIL tried to plan our wedding behind our backs. As in she called DH's sister and told her she'd make the cake, called DH's aunt and told her to do the flowers, and was looking into rental halls and such and creating a guest list of people who had to be invited. She was doing this because she didn't like our wedding plan (which was to have a justice of the peace come marry us in our back yard, with only immediate family and very close friends present. we had just over 20 people for our wedding).

We declined her plans as soon as we found out about them. FIL told her to back off, because she'd had her wedding 30 years before and didn't get to plan another one. So she stopped speaking to FIL and DH for two weeks. Most peaceful two weeks ever..

TeamBhakta

« Reply #21544 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
I was looking up something about cruises and came across this SS in an old thread:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=905934

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21545 on: June 11, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »

RE: Dunkin' Idiot

How does not getting a receipt entitle you to ANYTHING but a warm fuzzy feeling that you saved paper?

Oh, dear.  The Amy's Baking Company virus has claimed a victim in Florida.

What on earth did this woman hope to achieve?  Was she bucking for a job as a hard-hitting consumer advocate on a local news show?  Was she auditioning for PITA of the year?   Did she just leave her senses at home that morning?

No one with half a brain could possibly condone what was in that video.  I know we're not supposed to offer medical advice but that woman has real problems with reality. 

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #21546 on: June 11, 2013, 10:32:16 AM »
I was looking up something about cruises and came across this SS in an old thread:

I've seen worse. I recall one where someone was insistent his infant should be allowed in the swimming pool in swimmies (I believe they are also known as "tea bags").
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

eltf177

« Reply #21547 on: June 11, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »

How does not getting a receipt entitle you to ANYTHING but a warm fuzzy feeling that you saved paper?

What on earth did this woman hope to achieve?  Was she bucking for a job as a hard-hitting consumer advocate on a local news show?  Was she auditioning for PITA of the year?   Did she just leave her senses at home that morning?

No one with half a brain could possibly condone what was in that video.  I know we're not supposed to offer medical advice but that woman has real problems with reality.

This could definitely be considered PD as well, no one in their right mind would hire this idiot for anything now...

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #21548 on: June 11, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
I just posted this in a thread about microwave popcorn, but I think it also belongs here.

he offices of an Important Elected Official were temporarily relocated to one of the upper floors of the office building where I worked. Not long after, the fire alarm went off. We dutifully left the building until the Fire Dept. sounded the All Clear. The building manager later told me what happened. Yep. Burnt popcorn in one of those offices. However, what really did not amuse the Fire Dept. was that the staff had decided that they were Too Special to have to abide by the "no smoking anywhere in this building" rule. So they had taped plastic bags over the smoke detectors, just in case they were sensitive enough to catch cigarette smoke.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #21549 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »

Sis and BIL were facing a similar dilemma with Brett, a few years ago. Their solution - sit Brett down with them in front of the computer. They showed him all the fun stuff he would get to do in the ski school program. Their plan was if he was potty trained he got to do the fun stuff. If he wasn't they would switch off days. He really wanted to ski - his slightly older cousin (5 months) was going to be in ski school. He was daytime trained in a weekend. The next weekend he learned to get out of his ski suit.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

EMuir

« Reply #21550 on: June 11, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »

I think we need to give the man in the plaid shirt an award for "not engaging the crazy" though. 

She was ranting about taking a one way trip to Mars soon?  We could only hope...

Jocelyn

« Reply #21551 on: June 11, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
Here's a NSFW snowflake.  :o

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/taylor-chapman-dunkin-donuts-viral-video-856341

The most amazing part, to me, is that this idiot apparently thought everyone in the world would be on her side when the video hit the web. The Dunkin Donuts worker may - or may not, let's be honest - have forgotten to give her her receipt, which gives her a minor but legitimate gripe. But in her mind it justified a vile, racist rant and she honestly thought she'd be the hero of the recording. Who thinks like that?
Racists.

Jocelyn

« Reply #21552 on: June 11, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »

Sis and BIL were facing a similar dilemma with Brett, a few years ago. Their solution - sit Brett down with them in front of the computer. They showed him all the fun stuff he would get to do in the ski school program. Their plan was if he was potty trained he got to do the fun stuff. If he wasn't they would switch off days. He really wanted to ski - his slightly older cousin (5 months) 
They potty trained a baby less than 5 months old? How did he get into the bathroom?

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #21553 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »

Sis and BIL were facing a similar dilemma with Brett, a few years ago. Their solution - sit Brett down with them in front of the computer. They showed him all the fun stuff he would get to do in the ski school program. Their plan was if he was potty trained he got to do the fun stuff. If he wasn't they would switch off days. He really wanted to ski - his slightly older cousin (5 months) 
They potty trained a baby less than 5 months old? How did he get into the bathroom?
I think she meant the cousin was 5 months older.  Not that they potty trained a 5 month old or taught a 5 month old to ski.

snowdragon

« Reply #21554 on: June 11, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »

I don't go to Dunkin any more because of the local one's complete inability to get an order right, but they had a sign in the window stating if they didn't give you a receipt your order was free.  I think you had to call the manager or something.