A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (4430/6006) > >>

ladyknight1:
When I first started working in my current office, we had a woman that was an admin assistant for a executive. She was extremely SS, refused to ever participate in any event thrown by employees, but would get her feelings hurt if we didn't have a birthday party for her. She had calamity after calamity happen outside work and started bringing her poodle into work. It was never approved, but she kept doing it, in between leave periods, until finally the administration made her leave a permanent situation.

Her dog would bark often, and it was very loud even with the door shut.

Winterlight:
At my dad's workplace, people were allowed to bring their dogs in. The dogs behaved well, everyone was happy. Then one day an order came down from on high banning all non-service pets from the building. Dad was told that somebody's dog had left messes all down the main hall over the weekend. The owner, whoever it was, hadn't bothered to clean up any of it- it was left for maintence to deal with. The building head's assistant was chummy with maintence, so the word made it to boss in no short order. One jerk wrecked it for everyone.

ladyknight1:
Our SS neighbors.   >:(

We had a group of adults (at least two men and two women) and kids (at least two) move in across the street back in April. One of them runs a daycare out of her 2 bedroom, 1200 sq feet townhouse. This wouldn't affect us, but the parents have to park in front of her unit, and they double park nearly every day during the highest traffic times for the residents.

The group of adults likes to hang out in front of their garage in their underwear. They like to talk loudly outside (while in their underwear) on their mobile phones from 10 PM to 1 AM every night. They like to eat fast food while outside in their underwear talking on the phone, then leave the mess where it is, and it blows across to all the neighbors. Little things like empty ketchup packets up to large bags and packaging. Every morning, I find more and more garbage in the street.  ::)

Bexx27:

--- Quote from: 3angels on July 09, 2013, 10:39:13 AM ---Came across 2 of the biggest snowflakes in history last night. My best friend went into labor with her first child last night. Her niece (16yo) had previously asked BF if she could be at the hospital when the baby was born and BF said yes to her but not to any of the younger nieces/nephews. DN walks into the hospital room last night with her 2 friends, her younger sister (13yo) and brother (12yo). Their mom did not come in. She dropped these 5 kids off to stay the night with BF in labor while she went home to sleep. When BF's twin sister called and told her to come back and get the kids, she pitched a major fit saying she was too tired to drive back up there and get the kids. The kids started arguing and it was agitating BF so I kicked them all out of the room. BF sighed a big Thank You. When I went back this morning to check on BF before work, the kids were back in the room, asleep on the couches, floor and window sill - their mom still had not shown up to get the kids.

The other snowflake was the 13yo DN demanding to be allowed to stay in the room during delivery. BF's DH finally lost his temper and told her "You weren't there when we made this baby, you won't be there when she's born!!" A few more foot stomps and arguments but she finally left to pout in the waiting room.

BF is begging for a C-section just so it will be over and everybody will go home.  :-\

edited because I do know the difference between there and their

--- End quote ---

:o Where are you located? My hospital would not allow children into the maternity ward with the exception of soon-to-be siblings. Other than medical personnel, only the father and one other person designated by the mother were allowed in the delivery room. More people could visit in the recovery room, but only the father could stay overnight. And the room certainly didn't have couches for people to hang out!

kherbert05:

--- Quote from: 3angels on July 09, 2013, 10:39:13 AM ---Came across 2 of the biggest snowflakes in history last night. My best friend went into labor with her first child last night. Her niece (16yo) had previously asked BF if she could be at the hospital when the baby was born and BF said yes to her but not to any of the younger nieces/nephews. DN walks into the hospital room last night with her 2 friends, her younger sister (13yo) and brother (12yo). Their mom did not come in. She dropped these 5 kids off to stay the night with BF in labor while she went home to sleep. When BF's twin sister called and told her to come back and get the kids, she pitched a major fit saying she was too tired to drive back up there and get the kids. The kids started arguing and it was agitating BF so I kicked them all out of the room. BF sighed a big Thank You. When I went back this morning to check on BF before work, the kids were back in the room, asleep on the couches, floor and window sill - their mom still had not shown up to get the kids.

The other snowflake was the 13yo DN demanding to be allowed to stay in the room during delivery. BF's DH finally lost his temper and told her "You weren't there when we made this baby, you won't be there when she's born!!" A few more foot stomps and arguments but she finally left to pout in the waiting room.

BF is begging for a C-section just so it will be over and everybody will go home.  :-\

edited because I do know the difference between there and their

--- End quote ---
If they are still there have all the kids call their parents they have average travel time from their home to hospital - 10 minutes to pick up the kids or the cops will be called and the children turned over as abandoned and the parents can deal with CPS to get the kids back. You would be amazed how fast that gets lazy cell donors to move.

Why in the world did someone not call the friends' parents and tell them their children were dropped off unsupervised in the maternity ward? There is a good chance they think those kids are at the home of their friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version