Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5083263 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #22275 on: July 17, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
I nominate *all* of the people who have honked at me when behind me at an intersection while I wait for the pedestrians to cross in front of me (as is required BY LAW).

I'm not running over anyone to suit your convenience, sorry.

And yes, the people behind me could see the pedestrians who had the right of way. This has happened AT LEAST once a day for the last week and a half. Sheesh!

snowdragon

« Reply #22276 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »
I want to nominate the councilor at the Y day camp at my Y branch. Who took 30 kids into a gym, started a game of dodge ball, and then had fits because the kids were too loud. He lectured, yelled louder than all 30 kids combined and finally told certain kids they were not allowed to talk.
  I gave up my run on the track and found another way to work out - it got to be too abusive...all because the gym is "Not an appropriate place to be loud." his words.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #22277 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
I want to nominate the councilor at the Y day camp at my Y branch. Who took 30 kids into a gym, started a game of dodge ball, and then had fits because the kids were too loud. He lectured, yelled louder than all 30 kids combined and finally told certain kids they were not allowed to talk.
  I gave up my run on the track and found another way to work out - it got to be too abusive...all because the gym is "Not an appropriate place to be loud." his words.
Please report this to the person in charge of the Y camp program. If he is doing this with adults around, how is he talking to them when there are not witnesses?
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #22278 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me when adults forget the simple fact that kids are loud. Particularly when playing games.

It's when they're quiet you worry.

Minmom3

« Reply #22279 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:07 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me when adults forget the simple fact that kids are loud. Particularly when playing games.

It's when they're quiet you worry.

And gymnasiums are such quiet rooms, with all that special sound proofing.....  [Snark off now...]  I don't think I've EVER been in a room that amplifies noise the way a gym does.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #22280 on: July 18, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »
The Special Snowflake who parked in my reserved (and clearly marked as reserved) spot this morning.  Which I pay for.

I wouldn't have been quite so ticked off if I didn't have to go to the Dr today.  I would have been able to drive and return, knowing I had my spot available.  But no, SS had it, I had to park in the casual parking, with no guarantee there'd be a spot available when I returned.

So I had to walk a hilly 6km round trip, post migraine and still feeling very fragile, to get to the doctor.   >:( >:( >:(

Xandraea

« Reply #22281 on: July 18, 2013, 02:37:52 AM »
The Special Snowflake who parked in my reserved (and clearly marked as reserved) spot this morning.  Which I pay for.

I wouldn't have been quite so ticked off if I didn't have to go to the Dr today.  I would have been able to drive and return, knowing I had my spot available.  But no, SS had it, I had to park in the casual parking, with no guarantee there'd be a spot available when I returned.

So I had to walk a hilly 6km round trip, post migraine and still feeling very fragile, to get to the doctor.   >:( >:( >:(

Could you have that SS towed? If you're paying for the parking spot, it's only right that you are able to use it as you like.  Maybe having to pay to get their car back from a towing yard would be incentive to not park in spots reserved for NOT-THEM again.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #22282 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:55 AM »
Unfortunately the car park is a narrow multistorey, not a lot of room to get in a towtruck.

I was tempted to do my own tow job on it though - I have a wicked winch!   >:D

Geekychick1984

« Reply #22283 on: July 18, 2013, 07:15:17 AM »
I had an encounter with an SS mom yesterday evening.  I was meeting up with DH after work for dinner since our power went out and I didn't want to sit my 33 week pregnant self in an unair-conditioned house in the extreme heat the DC area is experiencing (luckily it was back on by the time we went home).

I was in the waiting area of the restaurant entertaining myself on my tablet (which DH had just given me Monday for my birthday), and there were a few people waiting for their pick-up orders (Famous Daves).

A mother (SS) and her son (B), who was probably around 7 I'd guess, sat near me.

I'll paraphrase since I don't recall the conversation exactly, but this is basically what happened:

B: I'm bored!
SS: It'll just be another 10 minutes
B: I'm bored now!
SS: That lady there has a toy - go see if she'll share
B (comes up me): Excuse me!  My mom says you should share your toy with me
Me (startled, because I didn't think the mom was talking about me in regards to a toy): Um, no, I'm sorry.  This isn't a toy - it's expensive, and I don't let other people use it.
B: You're supposed to share!
Me: No
SS: Come on!  He's bored, and that thing can keep him entertained *Gives significant look to my belly* You'll see soon enough.
Me: No.
SS: Come back over here B, that mean <female dog> isn't nice, and won't share. I feel sorry for her future kid.
Me (probably shouldn't have engaged the crazy, but I'm hormonal):  My kid won't be taught to be entitled to other people's possessions and I won't expect the world to entertain her.
SS: <female dog>
Me: Thank you for the compliment

B started throwing a tantrum and SS kept talking about me under her breathe, and then started complaining about me to another woman seated nearby (they didn't seem to be waiting together, she appeared to be a stranger). What boggled my mind is that the other woman agreed that I was selfish and rude to not entertain the kid, and it was my fault he was throwing a tantrum. Luckily, DH arrived shortly after and we were seated.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22284 on: July 18, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »
On the way home I encountered the most special of special snowflakes.

Ms. Snowflake (MS) was in front of me, driving slowly and drifting from the edges of her lane. I went to pass her, as I had room, and glanced over to see her using both hands on her smart phone. Once I passed her, she suddenly accelerated, coming within 6" of my rear bumper. She had all the hallmarks of an aggressive driver, and tried to pass on the shoulder a few times. Once the road widened to three lanes, MS began to change lanes from the left to the far right and back, where she nearly clipped two cars. This continued all the way down the road, about 8 miles.

I called our reckless driver reporting line on my hands-free device and reported her car, license tag number and the description of her behavior.

I wonder if the woman I see fairly often on my way home is related to her! We both turn off the same road my office is on, to a 3 lane each way, divided, county highway. With stoplights, and entrances and exits all up and down for various businesses, stores, and shopping centers. Speed limit is 50, and during rush hour there's quite a bit of traffic, besides the people trying to enter the road, and get on the interstate just after we turn.

This woman tailgates (and I've been a victim of her doing this), changes lanes often, whipping in and out, cutting people off, and speeding. she'll tailgate until someone moves over, then move right up on the bumper of the next car, and whne she changes lanes, will do the same thing.  I'm just waiting and hoping to see her pulled over one day. if i could get close enough to see her plate, I'd call it in.

If traffic is moving, you can get away with doing 60 in the 50 (all do so you're really just keeping up with traffic). But she is a menace. Its gotten so bad if I see her turning onto the road, and am in the other lane (center and left turn onto it) I will quickly move so I don't ahve to be anywhere near her.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #22285 on: July 18, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »
I had an encounter with an SS mom yesterday evening.  I was meeting up with DH after work for dinner since our power went out and I didn't want to sit my 33 week pregnant self in an unair-conditioned house in the extreme heat the DC area is experiencing (luckily it was back on by the time we went home).

I was in the waiting area of the restaurant entertaining myself on my tablet (which DH had just given me Monday for my birthday), and there were a few people waiting for their pick-up orders (Famous Daves).

A mother (SS) and her son (B), who was probably around 7 I'd guess, sat near me.

I'll paraphrase since I don't recall the conversation exactly, but this is basically what happened:

B: I'm bored!
SS: It'll just be another 10 minutes
B: I'm bored now!
SS: That lady there has a toy - go see if she'll share
B (comes up me): Excuse me!  My mom says you should share your toy with me
Me (startled, because I didn't think the mom was talking about me in regards to a toy): Um, no, I'm sorry.  This isn't a toy - it's expensive, and I don't let other people use it.
B: You're supposed to share!
Me: No
SS: Come on!  He's bored, and that thing can keep him entertained *Gives significant look to my belly* You'll see soon enough.
Me: No.
SS: Come back over here B, that mean <female dog> isn't nice, and won't share. I feel sorry for her future kid.
Me (probably shouldn't have engaged the crazy, but I'm hormonal):  My kid won't be taught to be entitled to other people's possessions and I won't expect the world to entertain her.
SS: <female dog>
Me: Thank you for the compliment

B started throwing a tantrum and SS kept talking about me under her breathe, and then started complaining about me to another woman seated nearby (they didn't seem to be waiting together, she appeared to be a stranger). What boggled my mind is that the other woman agreed that I was selfish and rude to not entertain the kid, and it was my fault he was throwing a tantrum. Luckily, DH arrived shortly after and we were seated.

Oh, I am livid just reading this! That woman will eventually regret teaching her child that everyone in the world is for his entertainment.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #22286 on: July 18, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
I actually encountered two SS drivers yesterday.

Early yesterday morning, on a 6 lane divided road, I happened to have a car in front of me that I noticed because the female driver was doing something to her face while stopped at the light. Once on the toll expressway, I happened to pass a car that was weaving significantly at 65 MPH, when I passed her, I could see she was applying makeup using a very long handled large makeup brush. She was looking in a hand held mirror and weaving all over the road! I honked as a I passed her, but the sheer audacity is appalling.

Cami

« Reply #22287 on: July 18, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »

Ms. Snowflake (MS) was in front of me, driving slowly and drifting from the edges of her lane. I went to pass her, as I had room, and glanced over to see her using both hands on her smart phone. Once I passed her, she suddenly accelerated, coming within 6" of my rear bumper. She had all the hallmarks of an aggressive driver, and tried to pass on the shoulder a few times. Once the road widened to three lanes, MS began to change lanes from the left to the far right and back, where she nearly clipped two cars. This continued all the way down the road, about 8 miles.

I called our reckless driver reporting line on my hands-free device and reported her car, license tag number and the description of her behavior.

I wonder if the woman I see fairly often on my way home is related to her! We both turn off the same road my office is on, to a 3 lane each way, divided, county highway. With stoplights, and entrances and exits all up and down for various businesses, stores, and shopping centers. Speed limit is 50, and during rush hour there's quite a bit of traffic, besides the people trying to enter the road, and get on the interstate just after we turn.

This woman tailgates (and I've been a victim of her doing this), changes lanes often, whipping in and out, cutting people off, and speeding. she'll tailgate until someone moves over, then move right up on the bumper of the next car, and whne she changes lanes, will do the same thing.  I'm just waiting and hoping to see her pulled over one day. if i could get close enough to see her plate, I'd call it in.

If traffic is moving, you can get away with doing 60 in the 50 (all do so you're really just keeping up with traffic). But she is a menace. Its gotten so bad if I see her turning onto the road, and am in the other lane (center and left turn onto it) I will quickly move so I don't ahve to be anywhere near her.
The minivan mom who tailgated me for months got pulled over a couple of years ago while tailgating me and given a ticket for it. My dd at the time was the court videographer and she was stunned to see the woman in court one day, contesting that very ticket. Turns out that it was her last ticket before losing her license. She lost her license. Apparently she has now gotten it back because guess who was tailgating me again recently?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22288 on: July 18, 2013, 12:47:51 PM »

The minivan mom who tailgated me for months got pulled over a couple of years ago while tailgating me and given a ticket for it. My dd at the time was the court videographer and she was stunned to see the woman in court one day, contesting that very ticket. Turns out that it was her last ticket before losing her license. She lost her license. Apparently she has now gotten it back because guess who was tailgating me again recently?

Wow. I often wonder what goes through people's heads, even after losing their license for poor driving. I keep hoping to see this woman pulled over, but so far, no such luck.

you would thnk they've learned their lesson! I know I did; i got one speeding ticked a couple of years ago, and considering I've been driving since 1982, that's pretty good. In VA, coming home from my mom, with NJ plates. Now whenever I drove through that county, I slow down. My friend's DH has gotten sevteral tickets in that area too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:58:40 PM by siamesecat2965 »

BarensMom

« Reply #22289 on: July 18, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »

Wow. I often wonder what goes through people's heads, even after losing their license for poor driving. I keep hoping to see this woman pulled over, but so far, no such luck.

Call the local P.D./Highway Patrol with her license #.  If you have a passenger, have them record her with their smart phone.