Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 4391377 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #22635 on: July 31, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »
Do you think she actually will try to get the charges reversed?  If you suspect she might, it's time for that call to the credit card company!

P.S.  Make hard copies of those screen shots!   ;D  The bank may want a few giggles too find them important in deciding whether or not to reverse those charges.

I did print everything including the screenshots.   If there is a charge back, the bank will contact us and we have a certain amount of time to provide evidence. I've put everything into a file, so the owner can just attach it to the email disputing chargeback. 
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #22636 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
My entire family surprised me on my 50th birthday at my favorite French restaurant.  It was the best birthday ever (aside from my daughter being born the same day).  My husband and I tried to go away that weekend but a hurricaine was coming so we had to stay put.  I was pretty bummed out but that surprise party turned my mood right around!
OK, I know I skim read these posts, but this one stopped me cold.  Am I reading this correctly, Baby Snakes? (love that name) Your daughter was born on the same day your family threw you a surprise 50th birthday party?
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22637 on: July 31, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
I think she meant she and her daughter share a birthday, not that her daughter was born the day they threw her the party for her 50th. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #22638 on: July 31, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »
That's how I read it, too.

We make pinatas by papier-macheing over balloons.  I need to make an Elmo one next.  That should be fun.  They want "real fur."

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #22639 on: July 31, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
That woman reminds me of Amy from Amy's Baking Company. 

Amy's Baking Client?

What if the two of them engaged in a business transaction?  :o
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #22640 on: July 31, 2013, 05:04:26 PM »
I think she meant she and her daughter share a birthday, not that her daughter was born the day they threw her the party for her 50th.

That would be a great sitcom episode if it had happened like that, though.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

TeamBhakta

« Reply #22641 on: July 31, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
That was fun!  ;)

I am cackling madly. True genius  >:D

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #22642 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »

Amy's Baking Client?

2.5 million YouTube views in 24 hours, minimum.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #22643 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »

Amy's Baking Client?

2.5 million YouTube views in 24 hours, minimum.
I was thinking a black hole would form
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Lauds

« Reply #22644 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:23 PM »
My entire family surprised me on my 50th birthday at my favorite French restaurant.  It was the best birthday ever (aside from my daughter being born the same day).  My husband and I tried to go away that weekend but a hurricaine was coming so we had to stay put.  I was pretty bummed out but that surprise party turned my mood right around!
OK, I know I skim read these posts, but this one stopped me cold.  Am I reading this correctly, Baby Snakes? (love that name) Your daughter was born on the same day your family threw you a surprise 50th birthday party?

She definitely meant that she and her daughter share the same birthday - in a previous post she mentioned that her daughter was born on her 24th birthday.

weeblewobble

« Reply #22645 on: July 31, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »

Amy's Baking Client?

An SS implosion that undoes the very fabric of our universe.

missmolly

« Reply #22646 on: August 01, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
A friend of mine works in a restaurant. She told me that one customer called beforehand and told them she wanted a birthday cake brought to the table. No problem. And she wanted all the staff to gather around to sing Happy Birthday. Ah, well, maybe one or two can, but they do need to serve other patrons. But here's the kicker.

She wanted them to turn off all the lights in the restaurant when they brought the cake in. Um no. Just no. Apparently she got very argumentative when they explained the massive health and safety violations. Not to mention the comfort and enjoyment of the other diners.
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #22647 on: August 01, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
The rhubarb lady. Just, wow. Sorry, I don't want to link directly to it because it's completely NSFW, but just Google it and be amazed at the snowflakiness.

snowdragon

« Reply #22648 on: August 01, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
The rhubarb lady. Just, wow. Sorry, I don't want to link directly to it because it's completely NSFW, but just Google it and be amazed at the snowflakiness.

Frankly I think the only snowflake was the rhubarb lady, presuming that the fence lady 9 or her mom) actually did own that land. I would not be putting up with some one stealing my  produce. They were right to video tape and I hope the cops really did get called.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22649 on: August 01, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

Wow - that was just bizarre. I didn't listen to the video, but read a transcript I found online. Hmm.....