Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 4397916 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #22710 on: August 05, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
Cakeasaurus Rex has filed a charge back...More info to come later  >:D
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

PeterM

« Reply #22711 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
I'm all for kicking her out if she pulls anything else, personally, but the problem is, she's literally not going to have any place else to stay and my parents can't deal with leaving her AND her disabled boyfriend out on the street.

Even knowing that, my only response would be, "You have 24 hours to get the hell out of my house." And I'd call the police to make sure she left. I might let let the boyfriend stay, but he'd have to choose between her and the house, and he'd have to sign a lease and pay a nominal rent to make it official.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #22712 on: August 05, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »
Is there no end to her sense of entitlement?

OK, I'll be perfectly honest - I do not like lemon cake.  I might eat a bite thinking it was pineapple cake, but I wouldn't pay for lemon cake.  Then again, I wouldn't specifically order it either. >:D

I love to watch People's Court.  I think Judge Marilyn Milian is wise and she has terrific Spanish/Cuban sayings.  The one that fits this situation is, "You ordered a sundae; You pay for a sundae."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22713 on: August 05, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »

How do you learn of this?  Does the credit card company call you to inform you?  If they did, did you tell them you have proof of what happened?

Yes, please keep us updated on how this goes!! 

PastryGoddess

« Reply #22714 on: August 05, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »

How do you learn of this?  Does the credit card company call you to inform you?  If they did, did you tell them you have proof of what happened?

Yes, please keep us updated on how this goes!! 

Our credit card processor contacts us via email.  We have a certain amount of time before the chargeback will automatically go through.  We have to send everything at once as we only get 1 chance to dispute it.  I'm sitting here typing up the timeline and response now.   ::)
My Photography Gallery

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #22715 on: August 05, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
Even knowing that, my only response would be, "You have 24 hours to get the hell out of my house." And I'd call the police to make sure she left. I might let let the boyfriend stay, but he'd have to choose between her and the house, and he'd have to sign a lease and pay a nominal rent to make it official.

Well, the thing is, the boyfriend can't stay there without sister. He's right in the middle of a kerfuffle with Social Security - his job was paying him 50 cents an hour too much for him to keep his disability benefits. And now that he's incapable of working any more (he has multiple sclerosis and it's gone downhill BAD) they say he's no longer qualified to get the benefits back AND they want him to pay back everything he GOT from them before, to the tune of several thousand dollars. He's not capable of living on his own any more, much less being able to afford it.

I spoke with my mom earlier and she's feeling much better, she's past "upset" into "full-on rage" and she did talk to sister again today. No more talk of throwing things out, so I think it really was just an itch-with-a-B moment. We'll see what happens. I'll definitely make a whole thread if she pulls any more shenanigans.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Amara

« Reply #22716 on: August 05, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
Cakeasaurus Rex has filed a charge back...More info to come later.

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy! A top-notch eHell story in the making!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #22717 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »
I'm all for kicking her out if she pulls anything else, personally, but the problem is, she's literally not going to have any place else to stay and my parents can't deal with leaving her AND her disabled boyfriend out on the street.

Actually, making her sign a lease outlining certain rules (like NOT disposing of family items being stored therein, and perhaps outlining specific areas where such things are stored) might not be a bad idea.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

MissRose

« Reply #22718 on: August 05, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy! A top-notch eHell story in the making!

That story deserves it own spin off, much like Dresser Queen, Nichole, etc!  >:D

PastryGoddess

« Reply #22719 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

That story deserves it own spin off, much like Dresser Queen, Nichole, etc!  >:D

Honestly they need numbers. This person is like Cakeasaurus Rex #13245.  It usually doesn't go into chargeback territory, but we get some pretty nasty emails from time to time.
My Photography Gallery

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #22720 on: August 05, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »

Honestly they need numbers. This person is like Cakeasaurus Rex #13245.  It usually doesn't go into chargeback territory, but we get some pretty nasty emails from time to time.

OK, we need a thread of the Cakeasaurus Tales
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Amara

« Reply #22721 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:07 PM »
OK, we need a thread of the Cakeasaurus Tales.

Absolutely! The eHell version of Cake Wrecks.

Specky

« Reply #22722 on: August 05, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
 Yes!

I can't find the Cakeasaurus Rex story and would love to read it.  For some reason, when I search, I get an error message telling me I'm not allowed to search.  I'm logged in.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #22723 on: August 05, 2013, 11:35:45 PM »

OK, we need a thread of the Cakeasaurus Tales

POD. I want more Cakeasaurus! :)
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

marcel

« Reply #22724 on: August 05, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »
Yes!

I can't find the Cakeasaurus Rex story and would love to read it.  For some reason, when I search, I get an error message telling me I'm not allowed to search.  I'm logged in.
It starts at page 1506, just read the pastry goddess replies from there on.
Wherever you go..... There you are.