A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Special Snowflake Stories

<< < (4656/7009) > >>

nutraxfornerves:

--- Quote ---I plan to take a less stressful job (and thus less pay), so a younger person can have my job to support a family.
--- End quote ---
That sounds familiar. Take the Wayback Machine to about 50 years ago.

I plan to A woman should take a less stressful job (and thus less pay), so a younger person man can have my her job to support a family.

Amara:
I know there are others here who do remember when all lesser paying jobs were designated for women because the job classifieds in the newspapers--which is where everything was in the pre-Internet age of the 1970s and earlier--were listed by Jobs for Men and Jobs for Women.

MindsEye:

--- Quote from: Amara on September 05, 2013, 01:44:33 PM ---I know there are others here who do remember when all lesser paying jobs were designated for women because the job classifieds in the newspapers--which is where everything was in the pre-Internet age of the 1970s and earlier--were listed by Jobs for Men and Jobs for Women.

--- End quote ---

And even today, jobs which have historically been held largely by women (think nurses, school teachers, childcare workers, librarians) are sometimes referred to as "pink-collar jobs".

Amara:
True, MindsEye. There's aren't official gender categories on any job sites, just silent ones in the workplace. :-\

CrazyDaffodilLady:

--- Quote from: siamesecat2965 on September 05, 2013, 08:20:44 AM ---. . . she then goes on to say that when HER kids are out of college, she plans to take a less-stressful, lower paying job so that a young person can have HER job to support their family.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Lorelei_Evil on September 05, 2013, 08:23:59 AM ---She makes my snarky comment typing fingers itch.  I refrained, but it was difficult.

--- End quote ---
The thought that came into my head was, "Well, goody goody for you".  I really really want to say it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version