Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 4383652 times)

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #23640 on: September 30, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
YarnSpinner, if the husband had said that to me, I would have laughed merrily, thinking he was joking.  What.  A.  Tool.

Tools are actually quite useful and can do cool things in the right hands. The men described here on this page, Umm, not so much :(

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #23641 on: September 30, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »
A family member posted on Facebook that they wanted their wife to hurry back because he didn't know where anything was in the kitchen.  I told him it was a good time for him to find out where things are in the kitchen. 

Along these same lines, years ago a co-worker had had four teeth pulled.  She told me she had taken some pain medication and had gone to sleep, and when her husband got home he woke her up and made her get up and make dinner for him.  I'd have told him, "Make yourself a sandwich," and gone back to sleep. 

I burned steaks to charcoal - well, I told VorGuy that I was going upstairs for 5 minutes and he needed to keep an eye on them.  Twenty minutes later I asked how they were...he thought that I had gotten them.

He went to get burgers...I took the baby and went to bed..with flu symptoms...for two days...

But *I* burned the steaks to charcoal...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:51:29 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

EMuir

« Reply #23642 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
I was driving in a grocery store parking lot on a Sunday morning. Not too busy.  There is room for two vehicles to pass in the lane I'm driving in, and cars angle parked along the sides.

SS Van Driverus decides to stop and change drivers.  In the middle of the lane, so we can't drive by.  When there are SIX free parking spaces directly beside them that they could have pulled into before changing drivers. As we watch in amazement, the new driver starts driving the van away before the other two people are actually IN the van, causing yet more delays as he nearly runs his friends over. 

It's the total lack of consideration for anyone else that always amazes me about SS.

Hillia

« Reply #23643 on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »

Or as my FIL would describe them, 'Just right!'

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #23644 on: September 30, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
Our crazy neighbors have not been behaving. Again.

This time, the assistant property manager was showing the model unit, and the neighbors (all young women in their 20's) were screaming at each other and throwing things at each other in the street in between the buildings. Property manager called law enforcement and reported it as a domestic incident. Then crazy neighbors had someone come to visit and the parked in the middle of the street for over an hour. The police came, and had the car towed and wrote a citation to crazy neighbors.

To top it all off, they now have a puppy, who they leave on the balcony all day and all night. Which is not allowed in the lease agreement.

Sigh.

MyFamily

« Reply #23645 on: September 30, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
Special-My-Boob-Job-Trumps-Your-Wedding-Snowflake - http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2013/09/dear_prudence_my_future_sister_in_law_wants_us_to_delay_the_wedding_until.html

To summarize, couple gets engaged; his sister asks them to delay wedding until after she gets the (currently unscheduled because she can't afford it) boob-job she's always wanted.  Groom is actually suggesting they either wait or pay for it (please, let us all pray or hope or send positive thoughts that the bride grows a spine and runs away from this guy because her life will be miserable - no, you can't have a child yet, I need to save up to buy fancy-shmancy car first!). 

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Friday

« Reply #23646 on: September 30, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »
My friend was on a trip out of state visiting her children.  Her now soon to be ex husband called her (not his kids) and told her she better hurry home because there were dishes in the sink she needed to do.

(note:  friend had left the kitchen spotless when she left; said dishes were what he used over the weekend)

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #23647 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
"Wonderful FiancÚ"?!  I think not.

Run, run like a frightened gazelle!  Flee!

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23648 on: September 30, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »
"Wonderful FiancÚ"?!  I think not.

Run, run like a frightened gazelle!  Flee!

Good grief!  Tell future SIL to save up her money for her boob job for her OWN wedding.  This one is NOT ABOUT HER!!!

But actually, I totally agree with Lorelei and I don't think our thoughts are evil at all.  They are simply good advice.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #23649 on: September 30, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »
Or at least see if House of the Gilded Knockers will set up a payment plan.

::)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #23650 on: September 30, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »

Or as my FIL would describe them, 'Just right!'

No - literally charcoal - no longer "meat" but cinders of meat.....no ashes, it hadn't caught fire....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #23651 on: September 30, 2013, 06:47:39 PM »
I have been known to enjoy charcoal bits.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #23652 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
I was driving in a grocery store parking lot on a Sunday morning. Not too busy.  There is room for two vehicles to pass in the lane I'm driving in, and cars angle parked along the sides.

SS Van Driverus decides to stop and change drivers.  In the middle of the lane, so we can't drive by.  When there are SIX free parking spaces directly beside them that they could have pulled into before changing drivers. As we watch in amazement, the new driver starts driving the van away before the other two people are actually IN the van, causing yet more delays as he nearly runs his friends over. 

It's the total lack of consideration for anyone else that always amazes me about SS.
I've heard that's called a Chinese fire drill.

BarensMom

« Reply #23653 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »

I've heard that's called a Chinese fire drill.

Only at red lights.  And everyone is back in the car before the light changes - that's the point of it.

These people - just stupid and rude.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23654 on: September 30, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
Hope I haven't told this one before.  Sirius' post reminded me.

Best friend was hugely pregnant and was diagnosed with something that had to do with toxins and the baby's heart and her heart. Can't remember what it was called. To protect her and the baby, she was required to stay on the couch or in bed all day with a 15 minute break allowed every couple of hours for bathroom.

I put together half a dozen casseroles and brought them to her.  Her husband's comment:  "Oh, I am so glad you did that.  With this toxemia thing, she barely has time to slap together a sandwich and bring it to me before she has to lie down again."

I asked him why he couldn't make his own sandwich...and one for her while he was at it.  His reply:  "Hey, I work all day!  I expect someone else to fix my meals for me when I get home!"

Yeah, they have been divorced for almost ten years now......scariest thing?  She originally wanted to set ME up with this jewel of a man.  I feel as though I dodged a bullet.....

Wow, there are guys who actually do the "woman, make me a sandwich" thing? I guess I was kind of hoping that was a cliche!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata