Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5737450 times)

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #24270 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:53 PM »
I got a reflective vest to wear when I'm out snowblowing the driveway.  You end up out on the road a bit and I'm almost always out there in the dark.

I recently went nuts buying LED halloween  stuff (light up skull necklaces and the like) so when my doggy and I go for evening meanders we light up like christmas trees. Kinda funny seeing a staffy dressed in illuminated halloween jewellery. She doesn't mind but I wish she hadn't eaten her dracula cape.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #24271 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:36 AM »
On the subject of close parkers, I was once at my local library and came out to find that someone had parked so close to my drivers' side that Plastic Man would have had a hard time squeezing through the gap. I went back into the library and asked the librarian to page the driver of the [green Subaru, license number XXX 000].

When the driver came, she was NOT HAPPY with me. She yelled and moaned the entire way out that she hadn't parked too close, and that I was being unreasonable, and that I'd better not tell people she parked too close, and couldn't I just squeeze in the passenger side, and anyway it was my fault for being too fat.

(I am overweight. That wasn't relevant since, like I said, no living human could have fit into that gap.)

She pulled the car out enough so I could get in, carefully parked it again the same distance away form my car, and went back into the library, cussing me out the entire time for taking her out of the library and talking trash about her driving skills.

I just drove away.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

Cherry91

« Reply #24272 on: November 06, 2013, 08:33:17 AM »
I got a reflective vest to wear when I'm out snowblowing the driveway.  You end up out on the road a bit and I'm almost always out there in the dark.

I recently went nuts buying LED halloween  stuff (light up skull necklaces and the like) so when my doggy and I go for evening meanders we light up like christmas trees. Kinda funny seeing a staffy dressed in illuminated halloween jewellery. She doesn't mind but I wish she hadn't eaten her dracula cape.

The last line made me snort like an idiot, thank you for that  :D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24273 on: November 06, 2013, 09:14:56 AM »
When I walked home from work I wore a high visibility vest because cyclists don't pay any attention round here and I was always convinced one was going to plough into me.

I heard a man from the AA years ago recommend if you turn on your windscreen wipers to turn on your lights too.

Which is the law in many states, including my own.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #24274 on: November 06, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »
On the subject of close parkers, I was once at my local library and came out to find that someone had parked so close to my drivers' side that Plastic Man would have had a hard time squeezing through the gap. I went back into the library and asked the librarian to page the driver of the [green Subaru, license number XXX 000].

When the driver came, she was NOT HAPPY with me. She yelled and moaned the entire way out that she hadn't parked too close, and that I was being unreasonable, and that I'd better not tell people she parked too close, and couldn't I just squeeze in the passenger side, and anyway it was my fault for being too fat.

(I am overweight. That wasn't relevant since, like I said, no living human could have fit into that gap.)

She pulled the car out enough so I could get in, carefully parked it again the same distance away form my car, and went back into the library, cussing me out the entire time for taking her out of the library and talking trash about her driving skills.

I just drove away.

Rob

You'd better not tell people? Why was she famous and concerned that you were going to sell the story to TMZ? Don't you go around telling people I don't know that I parked to close to you! Don't you dare!

MissRose

« Reply #24275 on: November 06, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »
On my way home from work, I was waiting at a stop light and heard in the distance the sound of sirens.  The road I am on has the green light to go, and I see an ambulance coming.   Someone had the nerve to turn out not long before the ambulance crossed the intersection.  The person still had to pull aside and wait anyways so they were not saving themselves any time.  I just wished I was closer to get the license plate and report them for turning out like that.

magicdomino

« Reply #24276 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »

I just drove away.

Rob

You'd better not tell people? Why was she famous and concerned that you were going to sell the story to TMZ? Don't you go around telling people I don't know that I parked to close to you! Don't you dare!

He told us.   ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #24277 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
People that pull out directly in front of your car and act irritated that even when you are braking to not hit them you get close to their car. Most of these drivers pull out in front of my red medium sized SUV with the lights on less than three car lengths in front of me. Usually on roads with speed limits greater than 45 MPH. I am grateful that I have really good brakes!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #24278 on: November 06, 2013, 02:59:34 PM »
Introducing Ms. YourDrivewayIsMyParkingStall Snowflake:

I took my beverage containers in to the redemption center.  The parking lot is not well designed.  The single lane wide driveway is both the entrance and exit.  One must approach with caution.  Except ... as I attempted to exit the parking lot I discovered that a woman stopped her car blocking all but 2 feet of the driveway.  She was messing around with what looked like a GPS, talking into the device and trying to mount it on her dash.  I give a little "beep" just to let her know that I was waiting for her to pull forward so I could pull out.  I know she heard me because I saw her tighten her lips and deliberately not look at me.  I tried beeping a couple more times.  She took her sweet time getting it together, then drove off chatting into a device which she was holding in her hand which is illegal in this city.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:54:26 PM by Midnight Kitty »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #24279 on: November 06, 2013, 03:03:04 PM »
I came out if work one afternoon from my job in the city and saw a motor bike parked  illegally just outside the building. They had to go over about two metres of footpath and leaned it against the support of an archway just outside the building. The bike could not be seen from the road. I called council, not sure what happened there but the offices are mere meters from where the bike was parked in an area that's known for parking wardens.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #24280 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
I was just out for lunch and saw a guy who is either VERY SPECIAL or trying to get an actual Darwin Award.

There is tons of traffic this time of day and this gent needed to get from the northeast corner of the street to the southwest corner of the street.  Instead of using the crosswalks like everyone else, he decided to saunter across the whole middle of the intersection. 

I suspect it was the former because, sure enough, everyone stopped to let him cross (though, not entirely patiently).  ::)  Not that I want anyone to become a greasy little spot but it sure would have been nice if an officer had witnessed the whole thing. 

Yarnspinner

« Reply #24281 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:46 PM »
I discovered "I Towed Joey's Car" on Youtube.  "Joey" is some young man who thinks he is very important and has lots of YT vids and big following.  He sounds rather vapid and full of himself.  Apparently he blocked the driveway of comedian Nate Clark with his car.

Nate had him towed.

Joey posted a profanity laden vid bemoaning the meanness of the (man bad words) who dared to tow his car.  It's not like there was a sign!  Who does he think he is? 

Clark called him on it and posted a  reply, refuting each of the points.  Mostly in calm, reasonable speech without the profanity.

What is scary  are the many special snowflake responses calling Clark a vicious, selfish irresponsible (manybadwords) for daring to tow Joey's car and call him on his bad behavior.  Joey is a beautiful soul. 

From five seconds of listening to Joey, the words "attention w----" come to mind.  That so many people are so empty behind the eyeballs that they cannot see the selfishness in his actions terrifies me no end. 

snowfire

« Reply #24282 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
Not that I want anyone to become a greasy little spot but it sure would have been nice if an officer had witnessed the whole thing.

And you really don't want to have to scrub them out of the grille on your car, so messy... >:D

I wish I could shoot some of these idiots with a paintball gun, then if the police saw someone with a ton of paint spots they could just give them a citation for "Stupid In Public."

mmswm

« Reply #24283 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:42 PM »
New story from another forum I'm a member of...

Yesterday this member posts that his wife has been diagnosed with a ruptured appendix and is going in for emergency surgery.  He's a long haul truck driver, and has a dispatch for a load home, but he's still days away.  Obviously, he wants to be there for his wife, but this is the nature of the job.  It sucks sometimes.  So, his wife has the surgery she needs and is admitted for a few days to IV antibiotics.  The wife has a ton of family in the area and they come to visit her. Under normal circumstances, this would be a good thing.  Unfortunately, the wife has an SS sister who thinks that the whole world wants to ohhh and ahhh over her grandkids, so the sister packs up all four of her grandkids, who are all under 6 years old and parades them through the hospital.  The husband pointed out that even on a good day, that's four kids too many.  His wife really isn't a fan of small kids, but even if she adored them, who wants to deal with a bunch of screaming kids when they're in pain from abdominal surgery and infection?  As for the sister, why would she want to expose her grandkids to all the germs in a hospital anyway just so she could show off her little darlings?  Ugh.

Maybe I'm a bit angrier than I should be, but I've met this guy in real life (he had a delivery near me so we met for lunch), and he's a wonderful person.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #24284 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:46 PM »
I had a very SS driver near me on the way home. The small black car zoomed from shoulder to shoulder, passing and cutting cars off. SS driver then ended up behind me, and I wouldn't speed up and couldn't get over due to other traffic. Every time SS flashed his lights at me, I slowed down a little, and moved to the right lane when it was clear. SS ended up moving behind me. I kept an eye on SS, and noticed SS get off at the toll plaza to pay the toll. I don't understand the logic behind that driving behavior.

I drive carefully and prepay my tolls electronically.