Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5533092 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #24285 on: November 07, 2013, 04:28:55 AM »
Called the cops on a SS delivery van driver (SS DVD) yesterday!

The first sign we had that he was a very special snowflake was when he swerved abruptly into the bike lane and nearly took out a cyclist. The Good Ethnic Boy (who was driving and had a better view of that first bit) said afterwards that if the van had hit the cyclist he would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that the driver had been deliberately aiming to hit or terrorise the poor guy on the bike, it was that sudden and extreme. SS DVD straightened up for a while after that (possibly having scared himself) but then started to weave again, edging into the passing lane and then wobbling back into the bike lane again. He spent about twenty seconds driving IN the bike lane for a while, it was that bad. We figured he was either on his mobile phone, or drunk. >:(

Sooooo since I had my phone handy, and the local police non-emergency number in my contacts, and we were right behind the guy and could make out the numberplate... he's been reported. The nice policeman on the phone was very interested, and we've promised that if anything comes of it we would be delighted to make official statements. >:D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Nikko-chan

« Reply #24286 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:45 AM »
Mel, you and The Good Ethnic Boy are awesome.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #24287 on: November 07, 2013, 08:01:50 AM »
On the subject of close parkers, I was once at my local library and came out to find that someone had parked so close to my drivers' side that Plastic Man would have had a hard time squeezing through the gap. I went back into the library and asked the librarian to page the driver of the [green Subaru, license number XXX 000].

When the driver came, she was NOT HAPPY with me. She yelled and moaned the entire way out that she hadn't parked too close, and that I was being unreasonable, and that I'd better not tell people she parked too close, and couldn't I just squeeze in the passenger side, and anyway it was my fault for being too fat.

(I am overweight. That wasn't relevant since, like I said, no living human could have fit into that gap.)

She pulled the car out enough so I could get in, carefully parked it again the same distance away form my car, and went back into the library, cussing me out the entire time for taking her out of the library and talking trash about her driving skills.

I just drove away.

Rob

You'd better not tell people? Why was she famous and concerned that you were going to sell the story to TMZ? Don't you go around telling people I don't know that I parked to close to you! Don't you dare!

He told us.   ;D

True.

I think she was actually concerned because, to track the woman down, I talked to one of the librarians, and that made her look bad, or something. But what was I supposed to do? Go up to the library and ask them to page the owner of the [Green Subaru], and when they asked why, say  "Oh, no reason; just for the heck of it?"

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #24288 on: November 07, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
Helping "less fortunate people in impoverished areas or villages" one tattoo at a time

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2361710

Other` posters are not kind.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #24289 on: November 07, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
Oh, Deity. He's going to Thailand, assuming that tattooing is some novel Western invention that people in "impoverished areas or villages" have no access to, and that they'll be overjoyed to be marked with his "Thai-inspired" designs.

Great way to get to claim your vacation in Thailand was a mission of mercy. Imagine the horror of all those unmarked epidermises.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Hillia

« Reply #24290 on: November 07, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
I like how he asks for all this info about traveling to Thailand, but when he's called on his ridiculousness insists that he's been to Thailand five times. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24291 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »
Helping "less fortunate people in impoverished areas or villages" one tattoo at a time

And how, exactly, are tattoos going to improve the lives of impoverished people?

The creativity of the human mind never ceases to amaze me. 

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24292 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
I like how he asks for all this info about traveling to Thailand, but when he's called on his ridiculousness insists that he's been to Thailand five times.

And apparently has friends and family there, too. Which kind of makes me wonder why he's posing his question to a forum full of strangers...

I guess to be fair to him, he's looking for information on traveling to Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos as much as villages in Thailand near Chiang Mai, but still. If I had friends or relatives in Thailand, I'd be asking them where they thought I should go. And I don't think I'd trust information from strangers on the internet about getting travel visas, no matter how lovely those people might be.

audhs

« Reply #24293 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »

He also claims he has family there. If so why does he need total strangers imput on where to find these impoverished villages he wants to tattoo in. What a bazaar idea.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #24294 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
Yesterday was my second fender-bender in a week.  A guy backed into me in a parking lot on Halloween, and then yesterday afternoon a woman rear-ended me at a red light.  AFTER we were stopped.  Her excuse?  "The light turned green and I thought you were going."

Both accidents were enough to leave marks on my car but not enough to chase after drivers who might or might not have insurance  :-\  (I'm worried if I file a claim for a few hundred dollars, and they aren't insured, I'll end up having to pay for the work AND my rates will go up . . .)  Luckily my car isn't exactly new anymore, so I guess I should get used to it having a few scratches and cracks  >:(

On the plus side, the guy behind the lady yesterday was a police officer.  Who very nicely put his lights on to keep traffic out of our lane while I got the lady's information, and came and checked to make sure we were both okay.  He was still talking to her when I left, so I don't know if she got a ticket for distracted driving or what . . .

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #24295 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
Yesterday was my second fender-bender in a week.  A guy backed into me in a parking lot on Halloween, and then yesterday afternoon a woman rear-ended me at a red light.  AFTER we were stopped.  Her excuse?  "The light turned green and I thought you were going."

Both accidents were enough to leave marks on my car but not enough to chase after drivers who might or might not have insurance  :-\  (I'm worried if I file a claim for a few hundred dollars, and they aren't insured, I'll end up having to pay for the work AND my rates will go up . . .)  Luckily my car isn't exactly new anymore, so I guess I should get used to it having a few scratches and cracks  >:(

On the plus side, the guy behind the lady yesterday was a police officer.  Who very nicely put his lights on to keep traffic out of our lane while I got the lady's information, and came and checked to make sure we were both okay.  He was still talking to her when I left, so I don't know if she got a ticket for distracted driving or what . . .

I'm not sure about where you live, but in my state you have to carry uninsured/underinsured motoer coverage. Which basically covers you if someone who doesn't have insurance, or doesn't have enough insurance, to fix what happened. Since you weren't at fault, your rates shouldn't go up. My friend just had to deal with that after being hit because the driver of the other car had hit a second car and didn't have enough insurance to repair both cars. It might be something worth looking it. Also in my state, if you rear-end someone, you're pretty much always at fault. There are few cases where it's determined it's not your fault, but usually you rear-end someone, you're getting the ticket. And still people tailgate....

Love the "I thought you were going!", your car wasn't moving but she thought what...you were moving and she just wasn't seeing it? At least she knew you'd have to be moving...some people seem to think one car can pass through another.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:26:51 AM by GlitterIsMyDrug »

Angel B.

« Reply #24296 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »

I'm not sure I would classify this as SS, he mostly just comes across as really, really ignorant, with a side helping of "entitled first worlder".

Good luck to him though...I'm not sure how kindly people would take to his "advanced" tattooing when Thailand/Cambodia/Laos does religious tattoos with its own ancient method(bamboo), which are done by religious figures. Thailand, to the extent of my knowledge, isn't so happy that foreigners get Buddah tattooed onto their skin. Please excuse that I've brought religion into this.
My greatest treasure is love beyond measure.
-Il barbiere di Siviglia

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #24297 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »

How would that help anyone? I see this as someone with a lot of tattoos, I've got a half sleeve, Partner has a half sleeve and a full sleeve, we both love tattoos, I think they're beautiful (when done properly). But I've never thought "Oh, that poor person doesn't have enough food to eat, I think a bugs bunny tattoo would really help them". I have no idea how he's going to bring all the equipment with him. Including the needles he'd need. A lot of needles...

Well at least he isn't asking for anyone to give him money to buy a plane ticket for this little adventure.

audhs

« Reply #24298 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

How would that help anyone? I see this as someone with a lot of tattoos, I've got a half sleeve, Partner has a half sleeve and a full sleeve, we both love tattoos, I think they're beautiful (when done properly). But I've never thought "Oh, that poor person doesn't have enough food to eat, I think a bugs bunny tattoo would really help them". I have no idea how he's going to bring all the equipment with him. Including the needles he'd need. A lot of needles...

Well at least he isn't asking for anyone to give him money to buy a plane ticket for this little adventure.

I guess there is always a bright side to everything. Lol. You are a much more charitable person than I glitter. ;)

I ve come to the conclusion that the reason he's asking strangers instead of his family for advice on where to go is because they've already told him he's cracked.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #24299 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »

I guess there is always a bright side to everything. Lol. You are a much more charitable person than I glitter. ;)

I ve come to the conclusion that the reason he's asking strangers instead of his family for advice on where to go is because they've already told him he's cracked.

I thought for sure when I clicked on the link it'd be a "I want to go to a impoverished country and tattoo people! To help! Please donate to my cause", I was actually a little relived.