Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5083749 times)

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #25125 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
I have a move SS to submit here.  We (being the hubby, myself and 3 boys) went to see Frozen today and sat in the back row.  In front of us was SSfamily.  Parents, a 3 year old (guessing by size) and what I am guessing was a girl about 13-14.  She was the best behaved of the four of them and I will cut the 3 year old some slack because she was 3.

The mother would talk to the 3 year old in whisper and then when the three year old responded, she'd hush her.   ::) Really, how do you expect a kid to learn to be quiet during a movie when you're talking to them the whole time?  The worst part though was when the girl started saying "I GATTA GO POTTY!!!!!!" and the mother kept telling her "Shush!" and the girl kept insisting "Gatta go potty! Gatta go potty!" each time being told to hush and wait.  It was finally the teenage sister who got up to take the little one and finally the mother got up and left. 

They came back though and the child started getting whiny but again no move was taken to minimize the disruption for anyone else.  ::)

LOL, sounds like the family who sat by us when we went. Except the mom in our group loudly said, "Oooh, does someone have poop pants?" ...and then changed him then and there.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #25126 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
Going under a Hwy 59 (soon to be Interstate 69) in the Houston area - I looked up to see that someone was skateboarding along the side of the overpass in front & above me.  There aren't supposed to be bicycles, skateboards, horses, and other NON-motorized vehicles on Interstate Highways....the little stretch along the side was heading downhill on the exit ramp fast - if he(?) got going fast, it would not be easy to stop without shooting out in front of the vehicles on the access road....

Seriously - he seemed to be a SS and a Darwin Awards candidate - if he got going too fast going downhill...... 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #25127 on: January 23, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »
Nobody plans their pregnancies.

They take a wild stab at it, and sometimes they get lucky. That's all.
I see what you did! >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #25128 on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

I see what you did! >:D

Some of us do. I planned 3 of 4 pregnancies.

My daughter was a 1 shot (sorry, couldn't help it) deal, and was born 40 weeks to the day. Older son was born to the week, I lost the 3rd pregnancy, but he was conceived the week I tried. My 4th pregnancy is the only one that wasn't planned, because I did not use any birth control after the miscarriage.

Hillia

« Reply #25129 on: January 23, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
I had a friend who had a terrible time with her first pregnancy.  Hard time conceiving, many complications, baby was not immediately healthy, and suffered with PPD.  Her husband was very supportive, caring, loving, gave her all the space she needed to heal physically and emotionally.  When she was feeling better (close to a year after Baby was  born), he gently asked if she could maybe see her way clear to resuming relations, at least for one night.  She agreed, although not feeling 100% yet.  One brief encounter later...and she was pregnant again.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25130 on: January 23, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »

But you can plan a pregnancy, using IVF. You know exactly the day you get pregnant. It's the other end that's still mostly a crapshoot, but even then you can plan a C-section. And then see if the lil' one stays put long enough for it! :-)

There's no guarantee an IVF pregnancy will take, though, is there? According to about.com, the highest success rate is just under 40%.

So you're still taking a stab at it and relying on luck.

wonderfullyanonymous, I think you just got lucky, and your planning was successful. It wasn't the planning, it was luck.

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #25131 on: January 23, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
I had a friend who had a terrible time with her first pregnancy.  Hard time conceiving, many complications, baby was not immediately healthy, and suffered with PPD.  Her husband was very supportive, caring, loving, gave her all the space she needed to heal physically and emotionally.  When she was feeling better (close to a year after Baby was  born), he gently asked if she could maybe see her way clear to resuming relations, at least for one night.  She agreed, although not feeling 100% yet.  One brief encounter later...and she was pregnant again.

Wait? Have we met?  This is almost the story of baby #2.  But it was the first scrabble off BC.  ( I can't believe I just admitted that...)  :P
Not such a newbie anymore

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #25132 on: January 23, 2014, 05:47:39 PM »
Man, it's hard to think like a Bridezilla.

Just remember, it's all about you, it's your special day, you have never had a special day before, you will never have a special day again, and this is about you.

But yeah, I've gotten conflicting information. My bridesmaids should be heavier/uglier (these two things are the same at all) then me I look thin/pretty by comparison (I look pretty all by myself thankyouverymuch). But they should also be pretty/thin (again, not the same thing), so that the pictures look good. Then I tell people some of them are dudes and almost all of visible tattoos and well my wedding is just going to be a terrible time where everyone feels welcomed and accepted and we have a good old time and don't give a hoot and a half what the pictures end up looking like because I happen to think my friends are gorgeous because they're them. I'm terrible at making this all about me too and I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna have a lot of really special days, I've already had a lot, this will be just another one.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #25133 on: January 23, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »

Just remember, it's all about you, it's your special day, you have never had a special day before, you will never have a special day again, and this is about you.

But yeah, I've gotten conflicting information. My bridesmaids should be heavier/uglier (these two things are the same at all) then me I look thin/pretty by comparison (I look pretty all by myself thankyouverymuch). But they should also be pretty/thin (again, not the same thing), so that the pictures look good. Then I tell people some of them are dudes and almost all of visible tattoos and well my wedding is just going to be a terrible time where everyone feels welcomed and accepted and we have a good old time and don't give a hoot and a half what the pictures end up looking like because I happen to think my friends are gorgeous because they're them. I'm terrible at making this all about me too and I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna have a lot of really special days, I've already had a lot, this will be just another one.

You are awesome!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25134 on: January 24, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
I had a trifecta last night at work. What is it about sales that bring out the nasty in people? Our sale has been going on since Dec. 26; markdowns are now an ADDITIONAL 60% off. yet they still think it shoudl be free, should get price adjustments, etc etc etc.

No 1:
Customer who wanted to return and repurchase.  As we do, I told her I could do it, but we don't normally, or at least I tried  to, politely. She then said to me, quite snippily, "well, I spoke to that woman over there (the manager) who told me it was fine, and she didn't lecture me.Ē Well, Iím sorry you donít like that Iím only doing my job, but if the manager said it was ok, then Iíll be happy to do it for you.She then repeated "she said it was ok, and didn't lecture me" Whatever.

Later, manager told me she came up to her first, with attitude, asking if she would "give her a problem if she returned something she bought in another state" Manager said no (as we take back stuff bought in any store, as well as online), as long as you have the receipt, tickets on etc. WHICH IS STANDARD PROCEDURE. She then said, quite accusingly, well, are you saying I WORE it???????? Manager said no.  and then she asked about  the return/repurchase. Manager told her, well, we don't do it, but I can't STOP you from doing so.  So a far cry from what she told me, which was ďmanager said it was ok to doĒ.  She conveniently left out the part where SHE was rude.

No 2:
She's returning something. and then asked me if we'd do an adjustment
on the very pricy (but still marked down) coat she bought AND was wearing. I said no, we only do it from orig. price to first markdown, not when something goes from x percent off markdowns to further x percent. She then said, well, can I return and repurchase. I told her we would ONLY do it if she brought it in, unworn, tags on, but the policy generally is, we don't do it.  She then said, well, what if I buy it again, and return with the first receipt? I told her,
what manager said to customer #1, I can't stop you so she goes looking for one.  I also told her it  had to be the EXACT one, for the SKU to match, NOT just the same thing, but  different size "But its now $120 less" well, sorry, you chose to buy when you  found it, at a price you were willing to pay. I get that its frustrating when you pay one price, and it goes lower, but thatís the chance you take with sale items. You either buy when you first see them marked down, and get what you want, or choose to wait, and then donít get it at all. And we didnít have the exact one in her size and color, so she was out of luck.

No 3:
Customer I cannot stand. Whiny, rude, entitled and complains. She is nasty too. And has a bad habit of coming in, late, and staying, even though she knows FULL well what time we close. She had ordered 2 items from another store. We send stuff all the time, but are only  are given these gray plastic envelopes to mail stuff out in. But we have no control over it once it leaves. We also use Fed Ex Smart Post.  So the store she ordered from didnít wrap them well, and there was a rip in the bag, and in the one item.  So sheís complaining about that, ok, I get it. And complaining about how the bags stink, blah blah blah.

Sorry, but we can only use what they give us. She then complained about how long it sat in the PO, before being delivered. Again, once it leaves, its out of our hands. And we had a holiday Monday, and big snowstorm Tuesday, but that wasnít good enough for her. And to make matters worse, her husband chimed in too. All I can do in each of these instances is plaster a smile on my face, and suck up to the customer, do what they want, and hope they leave!

Dr. F.

« Reply #25135 on: January 24, 2014, 10:39:12 AM »

Glitter, you are almost frighteningly awesome!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25136 on: January 24, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
How about that appalling ad for a chain of Bridal salons?

'it's all about your dress'. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #25137 on: January 24, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »

Yeah, now that I'm actively looking for one, I signed up on their webpage.  I saw that ad and thought, "Pffft, it's all about marrying DF."  I then found a beautiful dress for $160 at a different sight.  Yeah, it's all about my dress so much I'm spending more on my bridesmaids' dresses than I am on my own.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #25138 on: January 24, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »

Yeah, now that I'm actively looking for one, I signed up on their webpage.  I saw that ad and thought, "Pffft, it's all about marrying DF."  I then found a beautiful dress for $160 at a different sight.  Yeah, it's all about my dress so much I'm spending more on my bridesmaids' dresses than I am on my own.

If it's all about my dress...I'm really doing it wrong! Though I did care a lot about my dress because I really wanted to wear the one my grandma wore to marry my bio-grandpa (mom's dad), her second wedding. And if not that dress (we couldn't find it at first) then one in a similar style. But if it didn't happen, I'd still get married! We did find the dress, and grandma had one for partner, so now we both have our dresses and they cost nothing. The wedding industry is sooo mad at me...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #25139 on: January 24, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
I have seen that commercial and it is terrible. You met the guy, became a couple, decided to marry and went through all that effort because of a garment?  ???