Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5630867 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #26310 on: April 12, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »
This is a new one. A woman being charged trying to incite a man into committing a scrabble related crime on another woman - over a house.

Kathy Rowe lost house to another couple that put in a higher bid. There may have been mistakes on the part of a realtor. So she started "pranking" them. Having their mail stopped/redirected, sending missionaries to their house, thousands of dollars of unwanted subscriptions. Then she escalated to posting violent scrabble related fantasies to adult web sites under the wife's name and inviting people to come act them out with her. Thankfully the wife wasn't attacked or harmed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecutors-detail-california-womans-alleged-rape-plot/
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #26311 on: April 12, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
Wow, no personal boundaries. That is terrible!

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26312 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
This is a new one. A woman being charged trying to incite a man into committing a scrabble related crime on another woman - over a house.

Kathy Rowe lost house to another couple that put in a higher bid. There may have been mistakes on the part of a realtor. So she started "pranking" them. Having their mail stopped/redirected, sending missionaries to their house, thousands of dollars of unwanted subscriptions. Then she escalated to posting violent scrabble related fantasies to adult web sites under the wife's name and inviting people to come act them out with her. Thankfully the wife wasn't attacked or harmed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecutors-detail-california-womans-alleged-rape-plot/

This was a plot on The Closer or Criminal minds I think (I could have the show wrong) Not the house part it was an Ex boyfriends plot, the victim was killed in the show.  I wonder if thats were she got the idea. 

mmswm

« Reply #26313 on: April 12, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »

This was a plot on The Closer or Criminal minds I think (I could have the show wrong) Not the house part it was an Ex boyfriends plot, the victim was killed in the show.  I wonder if thats were she got the idea.

It's been the plot of a couple different crime shows.  The only one I can remember offhand is NCIS, but I recall thinking that had been the second time I saw that particular plot when the NCIS episode aired.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #26314 on: April 12, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »

The Closer definitely did it (I don't remember for sure about NCIS and don't know about Criminal Minds).  I think it may have been an ex-boyfriend who made the original postings on craigslist, which caused a guy to come to the house.  The woman fought back and was killed accidentally by the guy.  The ex-boyfriend almost got off it, except for the fact that it turned out he'd told the guy where to find the key to the house (maybe the ex-boyfriend planted the key as well, I forget).  So his excuse that he hadn't meant the guy to actually carry it out was obviously false, as he'd planted the key so that the guy could get in.

Hillia

« Reply #26315 on: April 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »

The Closer definitely did it (I don't remember for sure about NCIS and don't know about Criminal Minds).  I think it may have been an ex-boyfriend who made the original postings on craigslist, which caused a guy to come to the house.  The woman fought back and was killed accidentally by the guy.  The ex-boyfriend almost got off it, except for the fact that it turned out he'd told the guy where to find the key to the house (maybe the ex-boyfriend planted the key as well, I forget).  So his excuse that he hadn't meant the guy to actually carry it out was obviously false, as he'd planted the key so that the guy could get in.

It was on SVU also.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

SouthernBelle

« Reply #26316 on: April 12, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »
When I started college in 1980, the upperclassmen were disgruntled because laundry service had been discontinued that year.  Up until then, you put your laundry in a school-issued bag and dropped it down a chute to the basement, where school workers collected it, washed it, and returned it to your dorm.  This was a women's university in the south.

I still have my laundry bag from there.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #26317 on: April 12, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
I nominate the parents who thought it be a good idea to bring an infant to the movies today. He couldn't have been more than maybe a year old,  possibly 18 months at the oldest . The child screamed, squealed, and cried at every loud noise... Which was a lot during Captain America.

I was on the verge of getting the manager,  but someone beat me to it. The mom was sitting in the lobby with the baby when the movie was over.  I guess whoever was with her stayed in the theater to finish the movie.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26318 on: April 12, 2014, 08:56:06 PM »
It was on NCIS as well.

I nominate the SS shopper (SSS?) at our local produce and meat shop. The side for the meat shop is a big U with two islands in the middle. Traffic can only go in one way and out the other. However, you see some of the shoppers try to cut between the shoppers going the right way and the refrigerated cases. You need a lot of room to fit between there with a shopping cart.

Also, people who make holes in the shrink wrap over vegetable and fruit trays. I know those tomatoes, mushrooms, kumquats look delicious, but you can ask an employee for a sample. We saw a shopper opening a package today by punching a hole in the wrap with her fingernail, then putting the item back. We told the manager so they can clean and rewrap the package.

ETA: fixed a typo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:11:27 PM by ladyknight1 »

greencat

« Reply #26319 on: April 12, 2014, 08:56:45 PM »

It was on SVU also.

Those were all ripped-from-the-headlines based on this real life case a few years back: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/11/nation/la-na-rape-craigslist11-2010jan11

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #26320 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:30 PM »
Dear Snowflake mom,

When you leave your 4 year old child and his younger sibling in:

- the unlocked car
- 200 feet from the store
- in a crowded parking lot
- in below-zero temperatures
- for 20 minutes while you do your grocery shopping...

Please do not be surprised that I have called the police to have them check on your children. I (sincerely, without sarcasm or anger) hope that the conversation you had with the constable helped you reconsider your decision. I saw that you clearly care very much for your kids and I hope you remain safe and well.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26321 on: April 14, 2014, 07:13:58 PM »
Some people just don't think before doing.

Same here, just because it is April doesn't mean you can leave your pet, child, or elderly relative in the car with the windows up and the air not running. It is 88 degrees today!

darling

« Reply #26322 on: April 14, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
Dear Snowflake mom,

When you leave your 4 year old child and his younger sibling in:

- the unlocked car
- 200 feet from the store
- in a crowded parking lot
- in below-zero temperatures
- for 20 minutes while you do your grocery shopping...

Please do not be surprised that I have called the police to have them check on your children. I (sincerely, without sarcasm or anger) hope that the conversation you had with the constable helped you reconsider your decision. I saw that you clearly care very much for your kids and I hope you remain safe and well.

Good for you! I wonder what the heck she was thinking?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26323 on: April 14, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
To our idiot neighbors:

I dearly hope for the sake of your family that the visit from the firemen and police last week might have had an impact on you enough to stop setting fires in your backyard. You're not in a place where it's really safe to have bonfires in your backyard. Not when you have a small backyard and there's a rather tall tree back there. 

Not to mention you're part of a duplex and the houses are quite close together.  All very good reasons to not be unleashing your pyromania in your backyard.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cabbageweevil

« Reply #26324 on: April 15, 2014, 12:52:52 PM »
I keep trying to get my husband on board with learning how to handle finances or at least know what is what.  He finds it easier to just get an allowance and then ask me if we have enough money to get things if he wants something that costs more than he has in cash.  I'm mentally going  ::) because he's going to need to know these things when/if I die before him.

The various stories of one of a couple being clueless about finances or other practicalities, and totally dependent on the other for same, bring to mind a dear late uncle and aunt of mine.  They were both lovely people, very happily married for fifty years; he was a dreamy, vague character with considerable artistic talent, she was the one with the practical abilities, who handled all the financial and administrative stuff, in which he was totally uninterested and which he was very happy to hand over entirely to her, and himself know nothing about it. (There is an innumeracy gene in our family -- I'm terrible arithmetically, but my uncle was beyond terrible: on a good day, he could add 2 + 2 and maybe get 4 as the answer, twice running.)

For some reason, my uncle was convinced that he would die first, out of the two of them. Unfortunately, that was not how things came about -- she predeceased him by some five years.  That last half-decade was for him in many ways a confused, unhappy time -- he was in his mid / late eighties and his mind was no longer serving him all that well.  We all helped him according to our ability: relations and friends tried to teach him such things as how banks worked, how to write a cheque, and so on; but it was a losing struggle for the poor old guy.  If people as a whole were more sensible, they'd take thought as to how they would cope if they were left on their own; but very often, people just "don't do sensible".