Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5294633 times)

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #27315 on: June 06, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
Oh, another SSIParkWhereverIWantous today. I frequent a shopping "complex" (area 4-5 blocks on every side, with numerous outlet stores, as well as services) which contains, next door to my favorite supermarket, a liquor store. As I was leaving the supermarket parking lot, driving past the liquor store, I spotted an F-150 XLT with a company name on the side pulling up where there was a "No Parking - Emergency Access Route" right in front of the liquor store.

I waited 10 minutes, during which time I took pictures of the truck, and wrote down its license plate number. When I left, the driver still had not returned to the truck. Really people, if you're going to be such a scofflaw, don't do it in an identifiable business vehicle!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

nayberry

« Reply #27316 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:46 AM »
now this has plenty of bad language and blatant racism, but this woman is beyond snowflakey, i'd say shes a whole special avalanche
!
http://www.retailhellunderground.com/my_weblog/2014/06/racism-hell-captured-on-video-in-the-dollar-store-parking-lot.html

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #27317 on: June 06, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »
now this has plenty of bad language and blatant racism, but this woman is beyond snowflakey, i'd say shes a whole special avalanche
!
http://www.retailhellunderground.com/my_weblog/2014/06/racism-hell-captured-on-video-in-the-dollar-store-parking-lot.html

O M G   :o :o

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #27318 on: June 06, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27319 on: June 06, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
I saw someone trying to defend that woman on TV last night. "She probably isn't racist ... just really stressed out ... maybe she's going through some rough times ... life can be difficult, and sometimes we snap ... she said she was bipolar, so ..."

Uh-uh, don't buy it. You don't start throwing that sort of language around with such ease unless you use it and think it on a regular basis. Plus, her statements afterwards indicate that she really doesn't see that she did anything egregiously wrong. No "I can't believe I did that, and I'm so incredibly sorry and humiliated. I can't apologize enough." Instead she's all, "Mmph, I don't consider that word racist, why are people picking on me?"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Hillia

« Reply #27320 on: June 06, 2014, 10:04:21 AM »
My favorite was 'What am I supposed to do, apologize?'

Well, yes, that would be a start.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27321 on: June 06, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »
So she objects to the guy's stereo scaring her kids, she objects to him talking to her kids (saying stuff like, "It's ok, buddy"), she objects to him having her on video--but she doesn't just walk away.

You know, out of range.

Yeah, I'd want custody of my kids too. They don't need someone showing them that winning an argument is so important that they should prolong an unpleasant interaction. (even if the unpleasantness is all theirs)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27322 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
So she objects to the guy's stereo scaring her kids, she objects to him talking to her kids (saying stuff like, "It's ok, buddy"), she objects to him having her on video--but she doesn't just walk away.

You know, out of range.

Yeah, I'd want custody of my kids too. They don't need someone showing them that winning an argument is so important that they should prolong an unpleasant interaction. (even if the unpleasantness is all theirs)

If I were her husband, I would have come down there, but only to apologize to the poor fellow.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #27323 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »
I noticed that when he mentioned her keeping an eye on her kids, she said, "I know where MY kids are," which sounded (to me) like because he's black he doesn't care about where any of his kids are or how many he has. I may be reading more into that though.

And yeah, you don't use that kind of racist language unless you are very comfortable with it.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27324 on: June 06, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »
I noticed that when he mentioned her keeping an eye on her kids, she said, "I know where MY kids are," which sounded (to me) like because he's black he doesn't care about where any of his kids are or how many he has. I may be reading more into that though.

And yeah, you don't use that kind of racist language unless you are very comfortable with it.

That's how I heard it, too.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27325 on: June 06, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »

Interesting. I heard it as "they're *my* kids, not yours, and you don't need to concern yourself with them."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27326 on: June 06, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »

Interesting. I heard it as "they're *my* kids, not yours, and you don't need to concern yourself with them."

I think if she hadn't been racist already, my mind probably would have gone where yours did.  If she had put the emphasis on "I" instead of "my", again, I probably would have read it your way. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27327 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:20 AM »

I think if she hadn't been racist already, my mind probably would have gone where yours did.  If she had put the emphasis on "I" instead of "my", again, I probably would have read it your way.

I think the non-racist version would have been "I KNOW where my kids are."  By putting the emphasis on the word 'my' it does make it sound like she's implying the interpretation suggested by *AfleetAlex*.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27328 on: June 06, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »
I can totally see her starting out with a simple "I know where" without any emphasis, and right about the word "know" think, "these are *my* kids, not yours, you're not the boss of them, I am, and what *I* think is what matters," and then emphasizing "my."

We'll never know--what she meant was locked in her head, and I don't think it's fair to assume that you know.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:01:29 AM by TootsNYC »

darling

« Reply #27329 on: June 06, 2014, 11:02:02 AM »

You know, out of range.

If I were her husband, I would have come down there, but only to apologize to the poor fellow.

Comedy Gold: "You know cops? Well I know cops... (into phone) How many cops do I strip for???"

Honestly, this "lady" has serious problems, and she's teaching her kids this lovely attitude as well. How can you call someone a "racist ******* n*****" with perfect sincerity and not a thought as to how that is a completely racist thing to say unless you have lived and breathed that attitude your whole life?

And the whole thing being started by someone starting their car and having music up loud, which is a normal parking lot occurrence! Seriously. If her kid was so scared, why isn't she comforting him? Instead, he's swinging around the posts and sign poles looking like he has not a care in the world while his mother is having an absolute fit. Shows to me that this must happen on a fairly regular basis for the kids to be so blasť about it.

She's doing a fine job of raising a couple of racist special snowflakes... (am I right that one of the kids also called him the n-word???) Apparently, the world must stop when she and her precious babies are walking by...

Honestly, the guy taking the video is a class act. He never raises his voice. It makes me sad how resigned he sounds as he says "this is where I live".