Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5526221 times)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #27330 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:07 AM »
Pod.

I have heard cases of Alzheimer's patients spouting words off or acting rudely, but, you cannot say what you do not know.

And, in front of her kids??!?  And they were so casual- seeing mom go off is obviously a normal occurrence.   sad.

funny-

years ago, (2005/6) when a new shopping center nearby was being constructed, the smooth surfaces were too much for some graffiti "artists" to leave alone.  One slung out the F word, in simple lettering.

My DD, around 3rd/4th grade, asked dad at bedtime one night, what that word meant.  She had not heard it/read it before.  He hemmed and hawed, called it "an innapropriate act" and she asked finally him, exasperated, "Dad, do you even KNOW what it means??!?"

This same child, in 7th grade, asked me, "Mom, what is Mary Jew Anna?"  Turns out, she was reading a teen crime fighting book, and the "meddling kids" had found a marijuana production site. 

You cannot say what you do not know.

:)

those poor kids.  that poor driver.  our poor world. 

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Hillia

« Reply #27331 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »

(That woman is lucky she did that w/ someone who isn't nasty-minded back.)

DH has a cousin who is a nasty, small minded bigot.  Anyone who is not a white Christian male is fair game.  He's also a drunk.  The two can create difficult situations - like wandering into a bar filled with persons of a race that you despise, and spouting those views loudly and profanely.

He was met by a few men in the parking lot.  It did not go well for Cousin.  While violence is not the answer, especially since he was just running his stupid mouth, I have to admit that no one was particularly sorry for him, and he didn't have a lot of visitors in the hospital.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27332 on: June 06, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »

...   (Though I wouldn't argue that the guy is a class act. A class act would have put his car in reverse and back out, then driven away, after saying to the kids (ignoring the mom), "Sorry to scare you, guys! Bye!")

I'm so glad you mentioned that.  Yes, the woman was horrible and rude and obnoxious and disgusting.  But what did he intend to prove by videotaping her?  Why didn't he just apologize briefly to the kids and then leave?  He was in many ways the one who kept this confrontation going!  Why?  What was his motivation in doing that?

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27333 on: June 06, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »
I would be willing to believe that if she'd just said, "Hey, that scared my kids!" and left it at that he might have said, "Oh, sorry, kids!" and driven off, but that she was so nasty, and probably used the N word in her very first sentence. Or pretty quickly in a continuing harangue (because she's clearly clinging to that confrontation).

nayberry

« Reply #27334 on: June 06, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »

...   (Though I wouldn't argue that the guy is a class act. A class act would have put his car in reverse and back out, then driven away, after saying to the kids (ignoring the mom), "Sorry to scare you, guys! Bye!")

I'm so glad you mentioned that.  Yes, the woman was horrible and rude and obnoxious and disgusting.  But what did he intend to prove by videotaping her?  Why didn't he just apologize briefly to the kids and then leave?  He was in many ways the one who kept this confrontation going!  Why?  What was his motivation in doing that?

i think its more of a cya move by him, so he can show he is in his car not swearing or being racist to her.
she's just so bankers i wouldn't have put it past her to have tried to get him arrested for something.

Jones

« Reply #27335 on: June 06, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
I just enjoyed the bit when she tells the kids she's calling their father to come get them and the little boy goes "Yay Daddy!" And starts dancing around.

The rest of it is a couple adults acting stupid. Including the phone operator who had to press the lady to start talking again after she'd apparently disengaged.

sidi-ji

« Reply #27336 on: June 06, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
I'd like to nominate the several drivers who tried to follow an ambulance through a red light..despite two traffic cops motioning them to stop.

eltf177

« Reply #27337 on: June 06, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
I'd like to nominate the several drivers who tried to follow an ambulance through a red light..despite two traffic cops motioning them to stop.

I'd like to nominate the cop following the ambulance through very heavy rush hour traffic (letting it clear traffic), then shutting off his lights and turning into the doughnut store.

Yea buddy, I saw you. Pity I didn't get your vehicle number. But we all know nothing will happen...

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27338 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:16 PM »

I'd like to nominate the cop following the ambulance through very heavy rush hour traffic (letting it clear traffic), then shutting off his lights and turning into the doughnut store.

Yea buddy, I saw you. Pity I didn't get your vehicle number. But we all know nothing will happen...

Perhaps there was an emergency at the doughnut shop?   ???

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #27339 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »

to be quite honest I'm going to say it was so she could later call the police after he was gone an accuse him of something he didn't do.

Actually I went and look and she has already changed her story to say that  she got upset because he almost ran over her child. so again  I can understand why  he would want to tape it.  Without the tape it would be her word against his
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:37:58 PM by Visiting Crazy Town »

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27340 on: June 06, 2014, 12:19:09 PM »

Perhaps there was an emergency at the doughnut shop?   ???

Today is doughnut day. Free doughnuts! And we all know the insanity free food can bring.

weeblewobble

« Reply #27341 on: June 06, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
My 6 y.o. granddaughter is a SS!  ;D I usually take her home with me after church (she loves spending alone time with grandma) but she requires a lot of one-on-one attention. I love to do that, like playing pretend, taking a walk, etc; but if I try to direct her to do something solo (like watch cartoons, or color, so grandma can have some alone time for a couple of minutes), she starts to pout.

So I've learned to say, "OK, you don't want to do X, or Y, or Z, then I'll take you home." That usually fixes things! I've learned from being on this site to have a polite spine and "call" people, even loved ones, on their issues. And while I'm certainly willing to cater and spoil a grandchild to a certain degree, if grandma tells you to do something, you need to do it. We'll all get along much better. I've been seeing less pouting since I started doing this.

You are doing her a big favor! (And making the coming years easier for you, too!)

This makes me laugh because my son is getting to that stage where he recognizes his own emotions, (which is good) and thinks that he's the only one in the world having them. (which is bad.) He's going through this bargaining phase where he says, "If you don't let me do/have X, then I'll be really upset or I'll be really mad."

He finds is absolutely dumbfounding when I say, "Well, you'll get over it eventually."

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #27342 on: June 06, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

to be quite honest I'm going to say it was so she could later call the police after he was gone an accuse him of something he didn't do.

Actually I went and look and she has already changed her story to say that  she got upset because he almost ran over her child. so again  I can understand why  he would want to tape it.  Without the tape it would be her word against his

It still is her word against his since the video didn't capture what happened before she started her tirade. The video just makes it seem more likely that his word is correct.

LadyDyani

• Freelance Editor
« Reply #27343 on: June 06, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »
My 6 y.o. granddaughter is a SS!  ;D I usually take her home with me after church (she loves spending alone time with grandma) but she requires a lot of one-on-one attention. I love to do that, like playing pretend, taking a walk, etc; but if I try to direct her to do something solo (like watch cartoons, or color, so grandma can have some alone time for a couple of minutes), she starts to pout.

So I've learned to say, "OK, you don't want to do X, or Y, or Z, then I'll take you home." That usually fixes things! I've learned from being on this site to have a polite spine and "call" people, even loved ones, on their issues. And while I'm certainly willing to cater and spoil a grandchild to a certain degree, if grandma tells you to do something, you need to do it. We'll all get along much better. I've been seeing less pouting since I started doing this.

You are doing her a big favor! (And making the coming years easier for you, too!)

This makes me laugh because my son is getting to that stage where he recognizes his own emotions, (which is good) and thinks that he's the only one in the world having them. (which is bad.) He's going through this bargaining phase where he says, "If you don't let me do/have X, then I'll be really upset or I'll be really mad."

He finds is absolutely dumbfounding when I say, "Well, you'll get over it eventually."

Haha, you gotta love them when they're in the teeny-tiny-Napoleonic-dictator stage. They eventually figure out that, yes, they have a whole universe inside their head, but so does everyone else. It's like a lightbulb moment when they figure that out.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27344 on: June 06, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
... my son is getting to that stage where he recognizes his own emotions, (which is good) and thinks that he's the only one in the world having them. (which is bad.) He's going through this bargaining phase where he says, "If you don't let me do/have X, then I'll be really upset or I'll be really mad."

What a wise mother you are! Think of all the wonderful things you are teaching him.