Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5293169 times)

Krism

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #27525 on: June 19, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
Yesterday as we were driving down the road a car pulled out from where it was parked on the side of the road and the driver punched it.  What made it worse was that he was driving down the wrong side of the road while punching it and nearly took out our car, along with another couple of cars when he decided to actually get on his side of the road.

Due to my wife's stellar driving skill, we didn't get hit (but it was close).  He drove for a long side of a city block in the oncoming traffic lane while accelerating - with his phone up in front of his face cause he was busy texting.

The first time I read this I thought it said the driver was literally punching his car and I was trying to figure out how he was punching his car, driving down the wrong side of the road, and texting, all at the same time.

Glad you guys are okay.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #27526 on: June 19, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
Yesterday as we were driving down the road a car pulled out from where it was parked on the side of the road and the driver punched it.  What made it worse was that he was driving down the wrong side of the road while punching it and nearly took out our car, along with another couple of cars when he decided to actually get on his side of the road.

Due to my wife's stellar driving skill, we didn't get hit (but it was close).  He drove for a long side of a city block in the oncoming traffic lane while accelerating - with his phone up in front of his face cause he was busy texting.

The first time I read this I thought it said the driver was literally punching his car and I was trying to figure out how he was punching his car, driving down the wrong side of the road, and texting, all at the same time.

Glad you guys are okay.

I assumed there was literal punching going on, too  :P

(SIL1 was arrested last year for getting in a drunken fistfight with her boyfriend while driving.  Luckily, the officer didn't subscribe to a "the woman is always the victim" mentality, and she and her boyfriend both ended up safely in jail for a while.)

Cuddlepie

« Reply #27528 on: June 19, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
Yep - he is special.  :(

mmswm

« Reply #27529 on: June 19, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »
Pediatric ER division...

Today I took my oldest son to the ER after an particularly long episode of temporary paralysis in his right arm (this is a known issue, but the increase in severity caused the ortho to want it looked at today, so off the the ER we went.)  While we were waiting, a woman came in with her four-ish year old child, who didn't look all that sick, but you never know. Anyway, there were a couple other people there in line waiting to check in.  SS didn't want her wittle pweshus to have to wait one little second, and proceeded to pitch a fit, screaming and yelling that her baby was just so sick and couldn't wait another second.  Honestly, unless a person is in obvious distress, you get to wait your turn like everybody else, and be glad that you have to wait.  The ER is not the place where you want to be the person who gets taken back first.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #27530 on: June 20, 2014, 04:22:18 AM »

Glad you guys are okay.

I assumed there was literal punching going on, too  :P

(SIL1 was arrested last year for getting in a drunken fistfight with her boyfriend while driving.  Luckily, the officer didn't subscribe to a "the woman is always the victim" mentality, and she and her boyfriend both ended up safely in jail for a while.)

I apologize - slipped into slang without really thinking about it and can see where that could be confusing. :D

Fi

« Reply #27531 on: June 20, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »
An SS missed his plane, so what does he do? Triggers the fire alarm.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/london-city-airport-had-to-be-evacuated-after-a-passenger-triggered-the-fire-alarm-to-stop-his-british-airways-flight-from-leaving/story-e6frfq80-1226960847153

And to give you an idea how late he was? London City's last check-in is 10 minutes before the flight if you don't have checked luggage. It's a whole 20 minutes if you're checking luggage. Yes, I meant minutes. Security is strict there, but it's always been the strictest of the London airports and the staff are incredibly professional and polite and it's very quick to go through it.

That is snowflakeness on a huge level.

Miss March

« Reply #27532 on: June 20, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
I hope the airport presses charges! That is ridiculous.
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

MrTango

« Reply #27533 on: June 20, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »

Even better would be if the airlines that serve the airport just refuse to allow him to use their services in the future.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #27534 on: June 20, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
I've typed up half a dozen responses about Mr. Alarm Puller and wondering what he thought was going to happen.  But I can't even.  So I'll just leave this here.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #27535 on: June 20, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
I can't think of anything to say, either.

That is Beyond the Boundaries of the Blizzard level of Special Snowflakery....would that be "Arctic Whiteout" or did he jump to "Mini Ice Age" in one fell swoop?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27536 on: June 20, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »

Even better would be if the airlines that serve the airport just refuse to allow him to use their services in the future.

Both.

They should definitely charge him with deliberately misusing the fire alarm (which is illegal in the U.S. and I would presume elsewhere as well), but also a very costly thing for the airport and the individual airlines to have to deal with.  The fine should be very, very high for this.

Hillia

« Reply #27537 on: June 20, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »

Both.

They should definitely charge him with deliberately misusing the fire alarm (which is illegal in the U.S. and I would presume elsewhere as well), but also a very costly thing for the airport and the individual airlines to have to deal with.  The fine should be very, very high for this.

Or just let all the passengers who had their flights delayed and possibly missed connections because of his tantrum have a chance to give him a severe scolding.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #27538 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
I can't think of anything to say, either.

That is Beyond the Boundaries of the Blizzard level of Special Snowflakery....would that be "Arctic Whiteout" or did he jump to "Mini Ice Age" in one fell swoop?

It sounds like the mini ice age happened in his cranium. Particularly in the part of it responsible for logical thought.

And I think the simplest punishment is the best here. "Take a boat next time, honey. Because you're not flying."
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #27539 on: June 20, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
That is just absurd!

Well, I do sometimes feel as though my life is being penned by Eugene Ionesco.

My Dad is guilty of this, too.  If he needs something investigated on the internet, does he ask any of the three people with the four computers who live with him?  No, He calls me!

More to the point...once I hit the send button I thought "Oh darn, that was venting!  No more venting!" 

And, on a happier note, The Father announced his travel plans without prompting and told me he had finished all his doctor's appointments and the doctor gave him the go ahead to travel...which everyone could have found out if they would just talk to each other. 

As Sheldon Cooper would say "In WHAT universe to you communicate with people in your home by calling people six hundred miles away."