Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5527140 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #27840 on: July 05, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
I just found the Special Snowflake song today.  It's great.

In the coming up primary election one of the elections is for a law-officer kind of position.  I just moved into the area, so have been researching all the candidates for the next election so I can make an informed decision when election time roles around.  But I hadn't found a wealth of information on either of the candidates.

After yesterday's drive I don't need any more information about either candidate.  We found ourselves behind a car that was being used as an actual campaign sign.  It's quite possible it is the candidate's own vehicle and it's definitely being driven as an advertisement for the candidate.   And besides the 10 or so miles over the speed limit that it was being driven, the driver also showed an utter disregard for turn signals every time they changed lanes.  They finished off the time we were behind them with a sharp right turn with no turn signal while speeding.  I know that it maybe wasn't the candidate driving, but it gave me a bad enough impression that I won't vote for him.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #27841 on: July 05, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »
Of course, there's always the possibility it's being driven by a member of the opposition party to make the one candidate look bad.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

songbird

« Reply #27842 on: July 05, 2014, 09:34:01 AM »
Special Snowflake yesterday brought an entire supermarket parking lot to a complete standstill.

It's a poorly designed lot to begin with. The market shares a driveway with a discount department store.    When both stores get busy, traffic starts to back up in the supermarket lot.

So yesterday I needed a few items at the supermarket.  Traffic in the supermarket lot was crawling. 

Special snowflake pulls off the shared driveway into the supermarket lot, and decides to drop off his passenger right in front of the store entrance.  Only problem is, there's a long line of cars behind him, and an even longer line of cars facing him as they try to leave the lot.

He doesn't pull over -- there's no place to do that -- he simply stops.  The passenger side door opens, and ...

We sit for almost two full minutes before the passenger gets out of the car.  Don't misunderstand, it's not like she had difficulty getting out of the car.    She simply sat in the car, with the door open, for almost two minutes.  Took her all of a few seconds to put her feet on the pavement, stand up and close the car door.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #27843 on: July 05, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
This might have gone under plain old Darwin award, but the danger seems to be over. We just had a violent thunderstorm roll over us. During the height of the storm when the lightening and thunder seemed to be happening in the same instant - I heard a series of pops to explosions.

My first thought was a transformer. I had already turned off the AC and unplugged the TV's and Computers. So I looked out the window - because I remember the transformer being on fire in my cousin's yard at the tail end of Alicia.

It wasn't the transformer. A group of teenagers, generally good kids*, setting off fireworks in the middle of a severe storm not the light the sky ones just the make a big boom ones.

*As in a guest of my neighbor was using my driveway, with my permission. The kids only see a guy they don't know parking and leaving from my house, when they knew I was at work.  They came over and asked if I knew someone was using my driveway. 
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #27844 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »
=140357578&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/jayendee1/media/IMG_00771_zps58014b94.jpg.html?filters[user]=140357578&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Yesterday's parking Special Snowflake.  3 parking spaces taken on a busy Saturday morning.  My car is the red 4X4, and although the angle doesn't quite show it, I don't know how he managed to get in where he is without hitting me.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #27845 on: July 05, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »
Of course, there's always the possibility it's being driven by a member of the opposition party to make the one candidate look bad.

Rob

I thought of that, but that would have ended up being big enough news that it would be being discussed in the paper and by people in the grocery store and other places.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27846 on: July 06, 2014, 12:03:33 AM »

Rob

I thought of that, but that would have ended up being big enough news that it would be being discussed in the paper and by people in the grocery store and other places.
It has happened, and that's why most political ads in the US now end with the candidate him/herself saying "I'm [candidate's name] and I approved this message."

And the quickest way for a candidate to lose my vote is to tell me how bad the other guys  are. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27847 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »
=140357578&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/jayendee1/media/IMG_00771_zps58014b94.jpg.html?filters[user]=140357578&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Yesterday's parking Special Snowflake.  3 parking spaces taken on a busy Saturday morning.  My car is the red 4X4, and although the angle doesn't quite show it, I don't know how he managed to get in where he is without hitting me.

I'd have been very tempted to park in the spot just to your left!  That's just an open invitation to have your vehicle keyed...
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #27848 on: July 06, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
"I approve this message" is actually a legal requirement

A local mayor was running for a state office. His reputation was not exactly enhanced when his opponent's campaign manager was in the right place at the right time and noticed that the mayor's car had been booted for unpaid parking tickets. The campaign manager kindly called the local TV stations.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27849 on: July 06, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
Special Snowflake yesterday brought an entire supermarket parking lot to a complete standstill.

It's a poorly designed lot to begin with. The market shares a driveway with a discount department store.    When both stores get busy, traffic starts to back up in the supermarket lot.

So yesterday I needed a few items at the supermarket.  Traffic in the supermarket lot was crawling. 

Special snowflake pulls off the shared driveway into the supermarket lot, and decides to drop off his passenger right in front of the store entrance.  Only problem is, there's a long line of cars behind him, and an even longer line of cars facing him as they try to leave the lot.

He doesn't pull over -- there's no place to do that -- he simply stops.  The passenger side door opens, and ...

We sit for almost two full minutes before the passenger gets out of the car.  Don't misunderstand, it's not like she had difficulty getting out of the car.    She simply sat in the car, with the door open, for almost two minutes.  Took her all of a few seconds to put her feet on the pavement, stand up and close the car door.

I hate when people do that! I live in NJ, where it's crowded as it is, and that is rude, rude, rude. Sometimes you see people doing that here, but on a busy main street, bringing traffic to a standstill.  >:(

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #27850 on: July 06, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »

*is ded from laughter*
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #27851 on: July 06, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »

*is ded from laughter*

the cat is laffing, 2
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

magicdomino

« Reply #27852 on: July 06, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »

*is ded from laughter*

Oh, that was good.   :)

mmswm

« Reply #27853 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »

*is ded from laughter*

My kids are fairly certain I've finally lost it.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

daen

« Reply #27854 on: July 06, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »

*is ded from laughter*

My kids are fairly certain I've finally lost it.

I'm fairly certain I never had it to begin with.  :)