Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5366623 times)

Jocelyn

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #17385 on: September 29, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
And Pearl the border collie could have been trained to fetch things for the BIL. 

Pearl was one of the smartest and most protective dogs I've ever met. Right before my sister's wedding, it so happened I ended up at her parents-in-law's house, while the adults were all out running errands. As he left, my BIL's father said, 'Take care of the place, Pearl.' Every time I opened a door, Pearl was right there by my side, heeling. She hadn't met me prior to that day, but she'd learned that fast that she should protect me as a member of the family. But I would never try to go on their property if the whole family was gone. Once my sister and BIL went away for the weekend, and had a good friend who lived nearby come to feed their livestock. They locked Pearl in the garage. When they got back, the neighbor's truck was in their driveway and Pearl was out. She had heard the neighbor outside, and worked on a crack in the fiberglass garage door until she broke out a big enough hole for her to get through. She broke  out, and when the neighbor came back for the next feeding, she charged him. Pearl didn't give him a chance to get back in his truck... she chased him all the way down the road, and as he ran up his own driveway, he was hollering to his wife, 'Open the door! Open the door!'  He got in just in time, but he didn't dare go back to get his truck!

Minmom3

« Reply #17386 on: September 29, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
Someone left a bunch of fast food trash in the corner of the parking lot where I park my car.  There's a Dumpster not 100 feet away and a trash can about the same distance away in a different direction.  We have maintenance people that will come and pick it up, but I think that leaving the trash there was SS behavior since there were disposal receptacles so close by.

Ugh. We live across the street from a place that sells food and I can't tell you how many styrofoam cups, drink containers, and other refuse we've found in our backyard along the fence.  We live right next to an alley that runs from our street to the  next street up so people tend to walk along it to get to the store rather than walking around the block, which makes sense. 

We are going to get a higher fence someday, hopefully that will be a good deterrent.

Make it an electric fence and you might have a chance.   >:D

Nah, that just means they'll loft their trash up and over.  What she NEEDS is one of those sky high net walls that backstops have and driving ranges have...  Which just means trashy people would drop the trash in the alley outside the fence line...
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17387 on: September 29, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
She should have very fine (invisible) elastic netting.  Then when they lob the trash up there it bounces back down and lands on their heads!  Bonus if their trash contained partially used packets of ketchup or mustard!   >:D

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #17388 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »
Like the Justice Zone on the Red Dwarf series - anything you did bad would happen to you. 

Pippen

« Reply #17389 on: September 30, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
Like the Justice Zone on the Red Dwarf series - anything you did bad would happen to you.

I love Red Dwarf! dingdangity you woman! I will be up half the night watching it on youtube now and it will all be your fault.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #17390 on: September 30, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »

I love Red Dwarf! dingdangity you woman! I will be up half the night watching it on youtube now and it will all be your fault.

Red dwarf is on youtube?? ??? Well, there goes my day.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Snooks

« Reply #17391 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »

New series starts this week.

BarensMom

« Reply #17392 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »
She should have very fine (invisible) elastic netting.  Then when they lob the trash up there it bounces back down and lands on their heads!  Bonus if their trash contained partially used packets of ketchup or mustard!   >:D

Anyone else thinking of the arena barrier from the Hunger Games right now?

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #17393 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
Red Dwarf is the BEST!  I miss my Jupiter Mining Corporation jacket. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17394 on: September 30, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
MIL introduced me to Red Dwarf. One of the ways I ove that woman. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #17395 on: September 30, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Ladyknight1, did they ever give you a bunch of static about having to get up and move, or did they do it immediately?  I'm just curious.  :)

The first time, they acted all offended before packing up their stuff and moving on. Seems pickup truck beds make great picnic areas. The second and third times, we had to call the police.

Wait a minute...you were forced to call the police because the Speshul Snowflakes refused to get out of your truck bed?!

I know, how bizarre!! Ladyknight1, what did they say to you? How were they trying to justify themselves? I just can't comprehend this.

They were speaking Portuguese with a small amount of broken English and didn't say too much, once we finally got them to get out. I just kept saying, "Get out, what are you doing there?".

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #17396 on: September 30, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
Yesterday afternoon, DH, DS and I were driving down a six lane divided road near our home.

------------------------------------------------------
                              divider                                    divider
_______________white car________________
_____________us_____gold car____________

See that space between the divider? That is where the SS gold car decided to make a u-turn, by crossing in front of the white car then into the median. The white car responded by moving into our lane. DH was driving and moved us over to keep from being struck, but we almost rolled.

We see horrible driving like this all the time, and this SS nearly cost us our health and lives.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #17397 on: September 30, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »

New series starts this week.

Any idea when it'll air in the States?  My dad would love this! :D

Snooks

« Reply #17398 on: September 30, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
The DVD is released in the UK in November, not sure if it'll air in the states as it's not being made by the BBC.

KarenK

« Reply #17399 on: September 30, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »
I did it!!!!!! Finally got to the end!

It's been a long, strange trip.